Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

powder load from hornady book only

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mbz dr
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 176

    powder load from hornady book only

    Hello all.
    looking for specific help.
    Not trying to be rude but just trying to keep it simple. Please dont ask me to go to hodgdon web site or suggest data from none hornady book. Also please dont till me if the powder im asking about is too fast or too slow for the cartridge.

    .223 55gn hornady fmj-bt (no other brand please)

    Imr4895 min-max
    Imr 4064 min-max
    Imr 8280 xbr min-max
    .
  • #2
    rg1
    Member
    • May 2008
    • 274

    test rifle Rem 700 26" 1/12
    case Win
    primer WSR
    Hornady 55 fmj
    IMR4895---Start 22.7-2800 fps----max 25.1-3100 fps
    IMR 8208XBR---Start 22.8-2800--------max 25.8-3200
    IMR 4064 --not tested in Hornady 9th or 8th

    Comment

    • #3
      stilly
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2009
      • 10685

      Originally posted by mbz dr
      Hello all.
      looking for specific help.
      Not trying to be rude but just trying to keep it simple. Please dont ask me to go to hodgdon web site or suggest data from none hornady book. Also please dont till me if the powder im asking about is too fast or too slow for the cartridge.

      .223 55gn hornady fmj-bt (no other brand please)

      Imr4895 min-max
      Imr 4064 min-max
      Imr 8280 xbr min-max
      .
      So you want to remain ignorant of all the possibilities? What I do not get is how will you know the data you get is from a Hornady book or not?
      Your gun your body...

      ??
      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

      Comment

      • #4
        stevec223
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 1620

        Ya ,,, so snap it up and get this mans research done for him,,, lackeys... Ya right...

        Comment

        • #5
          stilly
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2009
          • 10685

          I shall put my best people on it...
          7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

          Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



          And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

          Comment

          • #6
            Bumslie
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2011
            • 5358



            Don't forget to use shop42a
            NRA Life Member
            WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
            Originally posted by ivanimal
            I love you! (some Homo)
            Originally posted by ivanimal
            I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
            Originally posted by Kestryll
            OP you are an uninformed tool.
            Go Broncos!
            Go Kings Go!

            Comment

            • #7
              stilly
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 10685

              It is funny how some people just ask to be picked on... :\
              7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

              Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



              And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

              Comment

              • #8
                mbz dr
                Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 176

                The reason I was asking and trying to be specific is I did check all other book I can get without spending money and none have any thing for the hornady 55fmjbt. I'm glade some people are still willing to helping and not get in someone business in return. trusting people is good thing.. thing thank you

                Comment

                • #9
                  highpower790
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 3481

                  Originally posted by mbz dr
                  The reason I was asking and trying to be specific is I did check all other book I can get without spending money and none have any thing for the hornady 55fmjbt. I'm glade some people are still willing to helping and not get in someone business in return. trusting people is good thing.. thing thank you
                  Don't be cheap,buy a couple books and be done with it!There was a time before the net and people bought books!
                  Keep it simple!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mbz dr
                    Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 176

                    Originally posted by highpower790
                    Don't be cheap,buy a couple books and be done with it!There was a time before the net and people bought books!
                    oh man If I just go and buy 50% of things I want I will have no money to feed my kids. nothing wrong with asking for some help ..

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      highpower790
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 3481

                      Definitely nothing wrong in asking for help,but people take short cuts to reduce the learning curve.Im not against dispensing with a little help,I did so this week for a member.
                      Just read the threads that come up,All to often simple problems have there solution in a book.Use a book and you would eliminate all the disagreement that is bound to come up/happen!
                      Keep it simple!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JMP
                        Internet Warrior
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 17056

                        It's .223...the answer is always 25gr, seated to mag length. Don't need no stinking book to know that.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          stilly
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 10685

                          Originally posted by mbz dr
                          The reason I was asking and trying to be specific is I did check all other book I can get without spending money and none have any thing for the hornady 55fmjbt. I'm glade some people are still willing to helping and not get in someone business in return. trusting people is good thing.. thing thank you
                          Let me ask you this...

                          What the hell kind of gun are you shooting that KNOWS the difference between a HORNADY 55gr FMJ and a SIERRA 55gr FMJ or even a Pulled 55gr FMJ?

                          a 55gr FMJ IS A 55gr FMJ PERIOD from what I can tell. The only things that matter are the weights and the pill material. At least from what I gather. So you play around a bit and experiment, you waste what? $3.00 making a handful of loads and how much wisdom do you gain in return? Maybe you find a sweet spot pet load for YOUR gun. THAT is priceless.

                          I figured that out on my third load into reloading back in 2011 and All I really load for is .45 and 44 mag and so far it has served me true. Reloading is not exact. So make a ladder and play on it. Then you can come here and contribute when someone else asks about a load for a 55gr FMJ instead of inviting criticism for the way that you ask for help.

                          I aint a hater and for the most part nobody in this forum is that I can tell, even .357 magnum has his good days and despite biting at me from time to time, people here like to help, but some of us take exception to being treated like grocery baggers and all we do is come here to wrap up your info and hand it to you...

                          Si no bueno... Anyways. I hope you open your mind a little more and explore your horizons...
                          Last edited by stilly; 02-14-2015, 10:12 AM.
                          7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                          Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                          And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            JMP
                            Internet Warrior
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 17056

                            Originally posted by stilly
                            Let me ask you this...

                            What the hell kind of gun are you shooting that KNOWS the difference between a HORNADY 55gr FMJ and a SIERRA 55gr FMJ or even a Pulled 55gr FMJ?

                            a 55gr FMJ IS A 55gr FMJ PERIOD from what I can tell. The only things that matter are the weights and the pill material. At least from what I gather. So you play around a bit and experiment, you waste what? $3.00 making a handful of loads and how much wisdom do you gain in return? Maybe you find a sweet spot pet load for YOUR gun. THAT is priceless.

                            I figured that out on my third load into reloading back in 2011 and All I really load for is .45 and 44 mag and so far it has served me true. Reloading is not exact. So make a ladder and play on it. Then you can come here and contribute when someone else asks about a load for a 55gr FMJ instead of inviting criticism for the way that you ask for help.

                            I aint a hater and for the most part nobody in this forum is that I can tell, even .357 magnum has his good days and despite biting at me from time to time, people here like to help, but some of us take exception to being treated like grocery baggers and all we do is come here to wrap up your info and hand it to you...

                            Si no bueno... Anyways. I hope you open your mind a little more and explore your horizons...
                            Stilly, that is not correct. It isn't just the weight and material. The geometry of the bullet influences how it's loaded. That said, in the case of 55gr FMJ, most are designed close enough where it won't make much difference. Plus, if it's for a common AR-15 the chambers tend to be similar, and you are confined anyhow by the magazine length.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bumslie
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 5358

                              Originally posted by mbz dr
                              oh man If I just go and buy 50% of things I want I will have no money to feed my kids. nothing wrong with asking for some help ..
                              Wow. You're seriously using your kids an excuse to not buy a $25 book? Yet you have the money to buy bullets and components?

                              It's incredibly easy for someone to mistype or incorrectly give you data. How well do you trust that?

                              You should buy a book to save your fingers and to still be able to provide for your family.

                              It's for the kids, Right?
                              NRA Life Member
                              WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
                              Originally posted by ivanimal
                              I love you! (some Homo)
                              Originally posted by ivanimal
                              I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
                              Originally posted by Kestryll
                              OP you are an uninformed tool.
                              Go Broncos!
                              Go Kings Go!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1