Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cheap reloading bins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Full Clip
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2006
    • 10266

    I used empty kitty litter containers...

    Comment

    • #17
      stilly
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2009
      • 10685

      Originally posted by aaRdog
      Yeah, well, that's not a lot of brass compared to folks who have a lot more brass than that. What's blue color for?


      :flickcig:

      I dunno...
      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

      Comment

      • #18
        hd-dude
        Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 187

        I use these from ikea:

        Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Browse online and in-store today!


        They are not cheap but should last a lifetime and come in different stackable sizes.
        Attached Files
        "The Best You Know Is The Best You've Had"

        Comment

        • #19
          Fjold
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2005
          • 23062

          Originally posted by aaRdog
          Yeah, well, that's not a lot of brass compared to folks who have a lot more brass than that. What's blue color for?
          The blue color goes with Dillon reloading equipment, like green goes with RCBS, red with Lee, orange with Lyman.


          Bubbleheads Unite!
          Frank

          One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




          Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

          Comment

          • #20
            aaRdog
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • May 2011
            • 288

            Originally posted by Fjold
            Bubbleheads Unite!
            Holy jumpin Jesus Christ! Im still forever haze gray and underway...at least upstairs anyway. Two of us in the same thread might be too much crazy! Hahahah!
            "Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way" - METALLICA

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              klewan
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 3031

              Originally posted by stilly
              You paid $80 for three plastic tubs????

              For sorting brass, I use the 50 round plastic tray that comes in the factory ammobox. Just dip it in the pile and move it around. Start with the 9mm one, it will fill up with brass, mouth up, and once you have most or all of the spaces filled, take a look at it from the side. The shorter or taller brass will be obvious. And the 22 nested in them...

              Once you have all the .380 and 9mm out, do the .40 and .45.

              This doesn't cost anything; you already have the parts you need.

              Comment

              • #22
                Wrangler John
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 1799

                Here ya go - shop till you drop. I use the 11-5/8" x 6-5/8" x 4" bins.



                Or maybe the Stack and Hang Bins:



                Or just go completely nutszoid:



                I use these too, bought a case last time, just depends - you can never have enough bins.



                AkroBins are the industry-leading hanging and stacking plastic storage bin. Heavy-duty, bins stack together or hang from Akro-Mils louvered racks and panels, rail racks, and louvered carts for high-density storage. AkroBins are corrosion-proof and unaffected by weak acids and alkalis. Length dividers, width dividers, and clear lids are available!
                Last edited by Wrangler John; 02-12-2015, 12:21 PM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Whiterabbit
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 7597

                  Akro type bins are the best. they stack, are accessible, size up and down, have dividers, go anywhere, and do anything.

                  You can hang them on the wall. you can put a hangar on your bench edge and hang them on your bench. They travel with you from station to station. The medium sizes are large enough to hold a "batch" of brass. The large sizes almost compete with 5 gallon buckets.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ElDub1950
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 5688

                    The 6 oz versions hold 100 9mm nicely.



                    And fit well in ammo cans.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      stilly
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 10685

                      Originally posted by klewan
                      You paid $80 for three plastic tubs????

                      For sorting brass, I use the 50 round plastic tray that comes in the factory ammobox. Just dip it in the pile and move it around. Start with the 9mm one, it will fill up with brass, mouth up, and once you have most or all of the spaces filled, take a look at it from the side. The shorter or taller brass will be obvious. And the 22 nested in them...

                      Once you have all the .380 and 9mm out, do the .40 and .45.

                      This doesn't cost anything; you already have the parts you need.
                      No. I got mine for $39 but I just threw that link up.

                      Your method is slow and extremely time consuming. But good for you for sharing.

                      I can not just DIP things into a bucket full of shells because they stick and interlock with each other since there are various sizes. I have run across the most common as well as the 32 acp, 327 mag, 44 special, 45 lc, 30-06, 243, 270, 308, 556, 10mm, and even a 500 or two. The bottom line is that when you want to be fast and efficient and NOT spend 5+ hours trying to sort ONE 5 gallon bucket, then you get the automatic shell sorters. They are like Dillon products, buy once cry once. But after I got mine (I was going to make my own, but I stopped and just decided to buy instead of make another project) I found that I was able to efficiently and quickly break down a 5 gallon bucket of mixed brass into several categories: .22lr, .380/9mm/.556, 40 S&W/.38/.357/.308, 45/44/large rifle. Noisy? sure is, but I have plenty of overflow for extra calibers that I do not load. Now if I want to load a caliber I just pick the bin/bag, decap it, clean it and load it...
                      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Lead Waster
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 16650

                        Originally posted by the86d
                        The $1.19 bins at Target are my favorites, aside from coffee tubs:


                        They are more sturdy than anything else at that price, and WAY sturdier than similar .99c store bins (better snap-on lids too).
                        I use those too. Or the ones from Home Depot, they are "shoe boxes".

                        I have many, marked "dirty .45, clean .45, dirty 9mm, etc,e etc, etc"
                        ==================

                        sigpic


                        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                        There. Are. Four. Lights!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Lead Waster
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 16650

                          Originally posted by klewan
                          You paid $80 for three plastic tubs????

                          For sorting brass, I use the 50 round plastic tray that comes in the factory ammobox. Just dip it in the pile and move it around. Start with the 9mm one, it will fill up with brass, mouth up, and once you have most or all of the spaces filled, take a look at it from the side. The shorter or taller brass will be obvious. And the 22 nested in them...

                          Once you have all the .380 and 9mm out, do the .40 and .45.

                          This doesn't cost anything; you already have the parts you need.
                          It's up to that price? It used to be $40. I was so cheap, I MADE a set. I used wood though, which isn't quite as durable and wood tends to expand and contract with moisture.

                          However, I made two open ended boxes, then I used resized brass to set my table saw and cut a "spacer" then I cut slats, and then glued/pinned (air brad nailer actually) the slats onto the box, spaced by the spacer. Works great BUT ... I should have just bought the plastic bin things, it wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy either.
                          ==================

                          sigpic


                          Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                          Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                          There. Are. Four. Lights!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Whiterabbit
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 7597

                            Originally posted by ElDub1950
                            The 6 oz versions hold 100 9mm nicely.



                            And fit well in ammo cans.

                            OK, you win the thread. The fit there is awesome.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1