Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

does anyone have a wireless mouse that is worth a cr*p?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    the86d
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2011
    • 9591

    I tried out some wireless mice and keyboards, back when 900MHZ was the bee's-knees, and I still, after trying and using multiple from many manufacturers, to this day I use wired... PS/2/Mini-Din when I can, and always get a board that has PS/2 ports.

    Wireless Ethernet has gotten better, but I still prefer a wired-pipe, and a a Model "M" still chugs along...
    Last edited by the86d; 03-31-2014, 5:22 AM.

    Comment

    • #17
      The War Wagon
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2011
      • 10294

      My Logitech M325 works pretty good. Solid build, and it's outlived its initial set of batteries!
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        MaHoTex
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2010
        • 5002

        Originally posted by pogibait
        Logitech Performance Mouse MX - have been using this for 4 years and works like a charm. Must remember to charge it once a week though.

        Good luck!
        That is the one I have and it is fine except for the charging fact you mentioned. If I had to do it over again I would not purchase this mouse and this is the only reason. I finally got sick of having to recharge it and just leave it plugged in now.
        NRA Life Member

        sigpic

        Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

        "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

        Comment

        • #19
          Darryl Licht
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Dec 2012
          • 2259

          Originally posted by the86d
          I tried out some wireless mice and keyboards, back when 900MHZ was the bee's-knees, and I still, after trying and using multiple from many manufacturers, to this day I use wired... PS/2/Mini-Din when I can, and always get a board that has PS/2 ports.

          Wireless Ethernet has gotten better, but I still prefer a wired-pipe, and a a Model "M" still chugs along...
          PS2???? Really??? And I thought I was the only one who ever referred to it as a mini-DIN! You will have to switch to a usb or wireless mouse very soon as most new mobos no longer have a ps2 port.

          But... do you know what DIN stands for???

          PS - its a wireless mouse, not wireless Ethernet!
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
          --Thomas Jefferson
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx

          Comment

          • #20
            stevemc1979
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 128

            I have the Logitech mx5000 set. I really like both the keyboard and mouse. Good battery life.

            Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #21
              hermosabeach
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2009
              • 19845

              I have both a logitek and a Microsoft mouse.

              Both are 4+ years old and run really well
              Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

              Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

              Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

              Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
              (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

              Comment

              • #22
                Mute
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2005
                • 8596

                All the Logitech wireless that I've used have all worked perfectly. None have ever crapped out.
                NRA Benefactor Life Member
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                American Marksman Training Group
                Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                Comment

                • #23
                  Simi-Surfer
                  Senior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 713

                  Could just be UI error. I use Apple, Logitech, Microsoft and have no issues other than having to change the batteries.
                  "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]


                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    daringescape
                    Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 258

                    Even if you are on a PC, the Apple magic mouse and keyboard are awesome.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Jimi Jah
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 19312

                      Mine is a great tool for thowing at insects.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        smird
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • May 2009
                        • 8316

                        Originally posted by Darryl Licht
                        But... do you know what DIN stands for???
                        Forget the exact phrase but it's some German standards institute.

                        I think I have a 25 pin serial mouse around here somewhere.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          majtom94
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 1120

                          Logitech M505.

                          Just needs a battery about once every six months; on at work each and every day except when it needs a battery. Small dongle also.
                          "Do Democrats even realize that they are making more people buy more guns?"

                          NRA Member
                          NAGR Member
                          CGF Member
                          GOA Member

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Exile Machine
                            No longer in Business
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 9551

                            Originally posted by ElDub1950
                            I'm using a logitech M510 that's been working hard every day for ~ 5 years. I work at home so it's used at least 8 hours a day. No problems.
                            +1 - Bought mine at Costco some years ago and it just won't quit.
                            -Mark
                            Manufacturer of CA AWB Compliance Products from Oct 2009 to Nov 2018

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              bohoki
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 20826

                              my logitech works fine but it eats a set of alkalines every week

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                the86d
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 9591

                                Originally posted by Darryl Licht
                                PS2???? Really??? And I thought I was the only one who ever referred to it as a mini-DIN! You will have to switch to a usb or wireless mouse very soon as most new mobos no longer have a ps2 port.

                                But... do you know what DIN stands for???
                                MSI boards usually have at least 1... and never even cared to research DIN, but now that I in need of enlightening, I still won't, as I haven't cared in 20+ years, so why should I start now?
                                I have seen them as both mini-DIN and PS/2 interchangeably, and with just that the knowledgeable know exactly what one is talking about. Since DIN is what AT/XT boards used, mini-DIN" still seems appropriate.
                                Originally posted by Darryl Licht
                                PS - its a wireless mouse, not wireless Ethernet!
                                I never said it was, I was stating my pref. for wired "*" vs wireless "*".
                                Sorry, I probably posted before you were even awake (a turkey-look shows you don't post much before 9:30am)... and apparently, I wasn't completely awake either.
                                Last edited by the86d; 03-31-2014, 1:45 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1