Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

mac pro 1.1 video card

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • biogenic
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 640

    mac pro 1.1 video card

    My video card is dying on my mac pro 1.1... Don;t want to shell out $200 bucks for a new video card since my computer is so old. Anyone here know if I can use an at pc version of the ati 5xxx ot 6xxx series with my computer?

    If anyone has an old card that would work with my setup I would gladly buy it or trade for it.
    WTB S&W 29/629 - 44mag 4" / Colt Commander 70 series


    "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals." -Jeff Snyder

    "I will be spending the weekend studying...oh, and paying my taxes so they can continue to keep us safe from zombies, ghosts and goblins."

    Ollshooter32
    [/I]
  • #2
    stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    Why not?

    Hardware is hardware aint it? Find a card that fits via PCI-E or AGP or PCI and see that it has osx/mac drivers... Hardware is hardware. I refuse to believe that there is a MAC version AND a PC version... Of course what do I know. I do not have a MAC yet.
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

    Comment

    • #3
      bigbearbear
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2011
      • 5378

      Most of the Radeon 5xxx series cost less than $100, check out newegg.com, you can sort the graphics cards by their chips.

      Also, most video cards have trouble with their fan when it gets old. You can try cleaning/oiling it or replace the fan/cooler on the card.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1