I currently have Vista and knowing that XP is buried and not supported anymore in standard cycle of life Vista is next after Win 8 comes out. Question is should I upgrade to 8 from Vista? Should I even do a move to Windows 7? Thanks.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Windows 8?
Collapse
X
-
Windows 8?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George OrwellTags: None -
Not sure what the supported migration path from Vista to 8 will be; you might need to do a wipe and clean install.
I'd recommend going to Windows 7 unless you have a special attachment to Windows Vista; lots of improved functionality and at least you would be one version behind, not two
-
Im still a fan of XP. 7 is good though so I would recommend going with Win7 unless you have to have the latest. Get rid of Vista quickly though, it is crapBrian Kelly
PM me for electrical workComment
-
i have Win7 and i love it.http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
sigpic
Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.Comment
-
Okay guys my wife said I should upgrade to 7 also. So I guess it is a done deal.
Okay next question. Go upgrade or Full install. I ask because I would like to keep some important programs and files w/o doing any transfers or to re-install them. I also do have a cloud based data recovery service. Thanks again.Last edited by Outta Control; 05-28-2012, 6:12 PM."People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George OrwellComment
-
Windows XP is a fantastic OS
Windows 7 is also a fantastic OS
Windows Server 2003 and 2008 R2 is also a fantastic OS
Windows Vista and Server 2008 32bit also based on the Vista Kernal both blow.
I have high hopes for Win 8, but if you have immediate needs, I would not hesitate buying Windows 7 now. For a modern/hardware PC, I would say it would be a mistake not buying the 64 bit version.ExtremeXComment
-
+1
Its so old, but it works so well. My entire work environment is XP due to older hardware. Most of my virtual machines under Win7/Vmware Workstation are all XP.
I dont like to hear they will stop support for it... not 100% sure what that means, if its just no more windows updates? But I wont stop using it either way unless there are huge security issues they wont patch anymore.ExtremeXComment
-
Lol - if you've been happy with Vista go 8, because 8 is the new Vista!If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
Use the goog to search calgunsComment
-
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
sigpic
Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.Comment
-
Upgrade to Windows 7. It will run on your hardware and Windows 8 is going to be a major flop.Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison
The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)Comment
-
If you're running 32bit Vista you're going to need to wipe since you want to install 64-bit 7. You do not need to format to do this though, 7 will move all the Vista stuff to c:/windows.old.Okay guys my wife said I should upgrade to 7 also. So I guess it is a done deal.
Okay next question. Go upgrade or Full install. I ask because I would like to keep some important programs and files w/o doing any transfers or to re-install them. I also do have a cloud based data recovery service. Thanks again.
Windows 8 is what you get when you appoint Steve Ballmer CEO.Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison
The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,369
Posts: 25,147,230
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28304 users online. 159 members and 28145 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment