Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Android or iPhone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • freonr22
    replied
    After a week, please do a follow up to let us know what you think?

    Leave a comment:


  • WW2Buff
    replied
    As an iPhone user, I voted Droid. The only reason I have not made the switch is because I am an Apple user and everything syncs perfectly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Montu
    replied
    lol I like how you ended up with 2 Android devices

    Have fun

    Leave a comment:


  • Synergy
    replied
    Well I went with Android!

    I picked up this:



    Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 with a free Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket I know many of you suggested dropping AT&T, but I have never had a complaint and I have a cheap unlimited data plan from my Blackberry. So now its time to learn a new platform.

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by VL221
    Galaxy Nexus isn't even released yet.
    THE HSPA+ version has been on the market for over a week.

    I know specs isn't everything but the SG2 got it beat specs wise. Camera has higher megapixel on the rear. SG2 Exynos processer is better than Nexus Texas instrument.

    The Nexus screen is only Super Amoled while SG2 is Super Amoled Plus.

    SG2 will have ICS update early next year. If you are impatient, you can easily flash ICS firmware in a few months with dev's custom roms.
    The Galaxy Nexus may only have a 5mp camera but the quality is just as good as the 8mp camera on the Galaxy S II. Optics and sensor size are more important that megapixels, it's all about the amount of light you can capture. The screen on the Galaxy Nexus is also better, reviews are saying it is just as nice as the iPhone's "retina" display. It is also a larger screen, with a resolution of 720p. As for the processor not being "as good", there is a reason why it isn't as fast. They both have 1.2Ghz dual-core OMAP processors. ICS was also developed for the Galaxy Nexus, other phones need to have the OS ported over to them.

    Last edited by JDay; 11-25-2011, 2:28 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • VL221
    replied
    Originally posted by JDay
    The Galaxy Nexus is better than the Galaxy S II, and every review I have seen says the ICS interface and experience is as good if not better than the iPhone. With ICS you have zero shutter lag with the camera for one thing, and it is a very fast and smooth interface. ICS will not have flash for another month or two though.
    Galaxy Nexus isn't even released yet.

    I know specs isn't everything but the SG2 got it beat specs wise. Camera has higher megapixel on the rear. SG2 Exynos processer is better than Nexus Texas instrument.

    The Nexus screen is only Super Amoled while SG2 is Super Amoled Plus.

    SG2 will have ICS update early next year. If you are impatient, you can easily flash ICS firmware in a few months with dev's custom roms.

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by VL221
    I have the iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S2. Both are the best phone out there on the market right now.
    The Galaxy Nexus is better than the Galaxy S II, and every review I have seen says the ICS interface and experience is as good if not better than the iPhone. With ICS you have zero shutter lag with the camera for one thing, and it is a very fast and smooth interface. ICS will not have flash for another month or two though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nelsona
    replied
    Originally posted by VL221
    I have the iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S2. Both are the best phone out there on the market right now.

    To keep this simple. If you are not interested in customizing, over clocking, tweaks, modifying your phone like how you modify a gun, then stick to a iPhone. (Still no jailbreak for 4S) It is plain and simple. Battery life is a lot better than SG2 and Android phones in general.

    If you like to flash custom roms, overclocking your phone, tweaking things, then Android is for you. But be sure to have a backup battery because my battery dies super fast.

    Don't forget that if you are into Google services like Gmail, Youtube, Google maps, Picasa, Google talk, then a Android is a must. Don't forget that there is flash on Android phones also.

    This one ^^

    Leave a comment:


  • VL221
    replied
    I have the iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S2. Both are the best phone out there on the market right now.

    To keep this simple. If you are not interested in customizing, over clocking, tweaks, modifying your phone like how you modify a gun, then stick to a iPhone. (Still no jailbreak for 4S) It is plain and simple. Battery life is a lot better than SG2 and Android phones in general.

    If you like to flash custom roms, overclocking your phone, tweaking things, then Android is for you. But be sure to have a backup battery because my battery dies super fast.

    Don't forget that if you are into Google services like Gmail, Youtube, Google maps, Picasa, Google talk, then a Android is a must. Don't forget that there is flash on Android phones also.

    Leave a comment:


  • PowderBurn1
    replied
    Casio Commando has the android OS, hands down I love this phone.

    water proof
    dust proof
    shock proof

    The Casio G’zOne Commando is one of the best […]

    Leave a comment:


  • 2shotjoe
    replied
    Droid.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by FatalKitty



    I then got a droid2 and that's what I have now. haven't had a problem with it, I would like to upgrade to the next greatest thing but I have no real need for it. So when my next upgrade is available I will get whatever android system is newest then as well
    What a waste. You could have easily sold that phone to someone who would fix it for $100+.

    Leave a comment:


  • dirtykoala
    replied
    Kèo nhà cái cung cấp tỷ lệ kèo nhà cái 5 chuẩn nhất tại Việt Nam. Cập nhật kèo bóng đá hôm nay, lịch thi đấu và tip soi kèo nhà cái từ chuyên gia với tỷ lệ thắng cao.

    Leave a comment:


  • FatalKitty
    replied
    Been a Motorola user since my first cell in 98 (yea, not that long ago really) I've had the same account with verizon since then... just keep upping/changing it whenever I get a new phone.

    love the android systems. my Droid 1 had a screen malfunction after 1 year of pretty heavy usage, the backlight went out. about 3 months after it was replaced, it went out again.



    I then got a droid2 and that's what I have now. haven't had a problem with it, I would like to upgrade to the next greatest thing but I have no real need for it. So when my next upgrade is available I will get whatever android system is newest then as well

    Leave a comment:


  • wildhawker
    replied
    Originally posted by hayaku
    corrected and agreed
    Good point, I like your version better.

    -Brandon

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1