Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

whats so special about apples ipad?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jonzer77
    • Jul 2010
    • 8525

    Originally posted by resident-shooter
    Its more overpriced and overrated than other i junk?
    I am assuming that you own one and that is how you came to that conclusion.

    To the OP, I guess it comes down to why are you considering one? What do you expect to do with it?

    It is great for browsing the Internet when you don't want to start up your computer to look something up. Downside is there is no flash support so there are some things you can't view.
    It works every time you turn it on and you don't have to worry about it randomly rebooting like what I have experienced with android.
    It is strictly tied to iTunes in terms of getting music and movies onto it so that is a preference thing.
    It is light and easy to take on the to go which is nice. Battery life is about 8-10 hours depending on your usage.
    It is very easy to use. In fact I gave mine to my mom who is deathly afraid of computers and she loves it and uses it every day.
    It won't replace your computer, it is basically a giant iPod that has some computer qualities but for the most part it is a giant media player.
    I had one and I gave it to my mom because the price just didn't match my needs since I don't travel a lot and I mainly use my laptop.
    If you like things to be simple and work then you will appreciate it. If you are more of a tech geek that likes to tinker with things then you will like androids offerings a bit more.
    Last edited by jonzer77; 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM.
    Originally posted by barrage
    That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

    Comment

    • #17
      Gryff
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2006
      • 12693

      Lots of capabilities
      • Listen to music
      • Watch videos
      • Browse web
      • Send/receive email
      • Video chat through Skype or Facetime
      • Some productivity and multimedia abilities to act as a "light" substitute for a computer
      • Read books and magazines on it


      The product is reliable and pretty quick. Seamless integration with iTunes, so getting media on and off the iPad is easy.

      It's a great product, but not something that everyone needs.
      My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

      Comment

      • #18
        ibanezfoo
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Apr 2007
        • 12402

        Originally posted by jonzer77
        I am assuming that you own one and that is how you came to that conclusion.
        I have about 20 of them at work as well as some iphones and I came to the same conclusion.
        vindicta inducit ad salutem?

        Comment

        • #19
          Rouge Recon
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Sep 2011
          • 864

          Anybody loyal to Apple will tell you 100 different reasons why it's the best. But when it comes down to numbers, pound for pound, the Android alternatives offer more for less. It's all hype. I guarantee you. Go online and compare specs and prices yourself.

          Comment

          • #20
            Joe
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2006
            • 5730

            IPad is alright. Like all apple products it's overrated and over priced.

            Comment

            • #21
              jonzer77
              • Jul 2010
              • 8525

              Originally posted by ibanezfoo
              I have about 20 of them at work as well as some iphones and I came to the same conclusion.
              At least you have used it and were able to base an opinion off of experience and not fanboy ism and there is nothing wrong with that.

              Originally posted by Rouge Recon
              Anybody loyal to Apple will tell you 100 different reasons why it's the best. But when it comes down to numbers, pound for pound, the Android alternatives offer more for less. It's all hype. I guarantee you. Go online and compare specs and prices yourself.
              The iPad was made for the average person that doesn't care about specs. That being said, if I were to buy a tablet, it would be a android one because the geek in me likes to tinker with electronics. Now for the average person, iOS is much more user friendly then android.
              Last edited by jonzer77; 11-03-2011, 6:28 PM.
              Originally posted by barrage
              That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

              Comment

              • #22
                Gryff
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2006
                • 12693

                Originally posted by Joe
                IPad is alright. Like all apple products it's overrated and over priced.
                Yeah, it's tough to be perfect when you're the company that innovates rather than copies.
                My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Steve G
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 1931

                  If you don't own an iPad you just don't get it. My laptop hardly gets used anymore.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ocabj
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 7924

                    Originally posted by Steve G
                    If you don't own an iPad you just don't get it. My laptop hardly gets used anymore.
                    This. I just got mine recently and I don't touch my computer at home anymore unless I'm editing photos.

                    I've been experimenting all week not carrying a laptop to work and it looks good. At work, I'm just relying on my office workstation, iPad, and iPhone.

                    The tablet, whether iOS or other platform, is a valid mobile computing platform for a large number of people.

                    Distinguished Rifleman #1924
                    NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
                    NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

                    https://www.ocabj.net

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      freonr22
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 12948

                      Originally posted by ocabj
                      This. I just got mine recently and I don't touch my computer at home anymore unless I'm editing photos.

                      I've been experimenting all week not carrying a laptop to work and it looks good. At work, I'm just relying on my office workstation, iPad, and iPhone.

                      The tablet, whether iOS or other platform, is a valid mobile computing platform for a large number of people.
                      I am new to apple. It is a different language. I could not afford one on my own. Mine is from work. We use them, new to them, have about 6-7 of them in the last 6 months. Becoming more useful daily
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dantodd
                      We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                      Originally posted by bwiese
                      They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                      Originally posted by louisianagirl
                      Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        meaty-btz
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 8980

                        The only reason I would get an iPad would be because Wacom makes a pen for it but not yet for the Android.
                        ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          chaunbot
                          Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 157

                          Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head. the Ipad is great for surfing the web when you go outside smoking, taking a dump etc. I tested the android tablet from tmobile, it's garbage. The battery life sucks the home page is crap when you scroll, everything is spread all over the place .

                          I hate apple, I hate how they try to dictate what you can do with your phone / iPad . I hate iTunes..

                          The iPhone jail broken is the best phone I've ever had. All of the things you can do on a jailbroken iPhone make up for apples fail in the power user department. Wifi tethering , remote sync , tons of free ringtones, backgrounds, icons , rejected app store apps , tons and tons of command line programs , off network texting , best of all choice.


                          It's like the old Xbox's, slap a chip in it a bigger hard drive and it's the coolest thing ever.

                          Apple products are for people who just want things to work. Apple has always catered to the technology challenged.

                          That's my rant. Just need the hackers to hurry up and jailbreak my iPhone 4s
                          Last edited by chaunbot; 11-03-2011, 9:29 PM.
                          free picture hosting by me
                          http://rap3d.net/upload/ No Limit, No Registering
                          http://os6.org Create tiny URL's, upload images also has a pastebin clone for sharing txt and code.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            ocabj
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 7924

                            The only reason I jailbroke my iPhone 3G back when I still had it was for tethering. But then I stopped after AT&T made it an available feature and started auditing possible iPhone tethering by anyone who wasn't signed up for their actual iPhone tethering plan. I thought about signing up, but AT&T doesn't allow unlimited data with tethering. If you add tethering, they move you to capped plan. I just rely on my worked supplied Clear 4G hotspot for when I don't have Wi-Fi access.

                            As far as jailbreaking for other things, there's nothing worthwhile for me to jailbreak for.

                            Distinguished Rifleman #1924
                            NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
                            NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

                            https://www.ocabj.net

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              glockman19
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 10486

                              I love the apple products...Just upgraded my first i-phone 3 to a 4Gs...Will be getting the i-pad for the holidays...I already have a Mac Pro...I'll lilely get another...

                              Get the i-pad...it is a keyboard and mouseless portable computer...and phone.

                              I just began creating apps for the iphone & ipad...First should one should be submitted to the app store before christmas.

                              There are apps being developed every day to make the experience more enjoyable for all users...and most apps are available on both android and apple platforms.

                              While the ipad 2 cost $499 or $629 The data plan from AT&T is another $15 a month or $180 a year for the 3G & Wi-fi access...+ the cost of apps...Cost prohibitive for some.

                              All in all a great product with sleek design.

                              Also read this:
                              "Steve Jobs' legal war on Google, Android rages on
                              Guided by a team of top patent attorneys, Apple has already persuaded judges in several countries to temporarily block the sale of Android-based tablets and smartphones."


                              Get one and you won't be disappointed
                              Last edited by glockman19; 11-03-2011, 9:55 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                TallTale
                                Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 230

                                You mean the larger iPod touch? Yeah it's alright

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1