AVG Free and no problems ever.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Is free antivirus just as good?
Collapse
X
-
-
I use AVG free and spybot. I run AVG every 24 hours and all is well.Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
I demand 100% compliance. Not 80%, not 90%, no 99%. 100 EFFING PERCENT. I'm sorry if the law enforcers don't like the laws and Constitution they swore to uphold... Actually, I'm not. -Brandon (BOOYAH!!)Comment
-
You might want to consider adding an additional malware\spyware program like SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes to the mix. Spybot is a profile-based antimalware scanner, it does not scan every file. This makes it faster but it may miss bits that aren't part of the current scanning profile. SAS and MAB, when configured properly (in the case of SAS) and set to do a full scan will literally look at every file on the drive.
AVG only has limited malware detection as it is designed primarily for virus issues and not malware.
So you have a hole in the defences, you might want to shore it up a bit.
I am a member of the human race. All relevant information is to be found in my passport. And except when there is good reason for suspecting me of some crime, I will refuse to submit to police interrogation, on the grounds that any such interrogation is an intolerable nuisance. And life being as short as it is, a waste of time. Any infringement on my privacy, or interference with my liberty, any assault, however petty, against my dignity as a human being, will be rigorously prosecuted-Orson W.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,540
Posts: 25,148,833
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17242 users online. 38 members and 17204 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment