Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which new phone should I get

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
  • #17
    Dribear
    Member
    • Jul 2017
    • 387

    If you don't want Samsung or iphail, one plus ore higher end LG.

    Comment

    • #18
      C.G.
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 8251

      Originally posted by Dribear
      If you don't want Samsung or iphail, one plus ore higher end LG.
      LG is getting out of mobile phones, so support, i.e. security updates, may not be their priority and eventually non-existent.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #19
        ibanezfoo
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Apr 2007
        • 12403

        Originally posted by tommyboy619
        This. Just upgraded to a Moto G Power. Battery is phenomenal! This is my 3rd Motorola over the past 7 years and the other 2 still work great. Only reason I upgrade is because after 2 years, the batteries don't hold a charge through the whole day.
        I have the same phone. 1 week+ battery life. No joke. Maybe less if you are watching YouTube all day.
        vindicta inducit ad salutem?

        Comment

        • #20
          Bushwack44
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2013
          • 2042

          FWIW, I'd like to replace my 4 year old LG V20 (works great, but its slow down a bit as apps keep updating). Looking at either a Samsung S20FE or S21. Can't decide if I want the newest & pay extra $$$ or save a few dollars and get the S20 FE.

          Side note: I've come to the harsh realization we live in a disposable society. Can't expect to keep my phone longer than 2 years w/o seeing a noticeable slowdown using apps. Same with cars (to a much lesser degree). My 14 year old Lexus has been 99% trouble free since new. Now, the business model for car manufacturers is based on 3 or 4 year leases, not long term car ownership. If I want the latest tech in a car, better to lease then own (even though for the consumer, a purchase is better).
          .
          Facts are to liberals as kryptonite is to Superman.
          ...

          Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day (Democrat).
          Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime (Republican).

          Comment

          • #21
            C.G.
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 8251

            Originally posted by Bushwack44
            FWIW, I'd like to replace my 4 year old LG V20 (works great, but its slow down a bit as apps keep updating). Looking at either a Samsung S20FE or S21. Can't decide if I want the newest & pay extra $$$ or save a few dollars and get the S20 FE.

            Side note: I've come to the harsh realization we live in a disposable society. Can't expect to keep my phone longer than 2 years w/o seeing a noticeable slowdown using apps. Same with cars (to a much lesser degree). My 14 year old Lexus has been 99% trouble free since new. Now, the business model for car manufacturers is based on 3 or 4 year leases, not long term car ownership. If I want the latest tech in a car, better to lease then own (even though for the consumer, a purchase is better).
            Beginning with the S10 Samsung will now update the OS 3 times from the original OS which should keep it optimized for longer than 2 years (unless a really low spec model).
            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1