Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is a good Anti-Virus

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    AtomicOrange
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 379

    Avast seems to work well, but may consume more resources than some other solutions. May depend on the specs of your computer. I am currently using Kaspersky (free version), which also seems to work and seems less resource intensive.

    Comment

    • #17
      fragthefreaks
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 617

      Originally posted by MrFancyPants
      Bitdefender, hands down. Always scores at the top with independent lab tests. I check them every year. I bought my copy on Newegg when they had a sale, $40 for 2 years and covers 5 devices.

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
      I've been with Bidefender for 10+ years, never a problem with viruses, adware, ransomware, and always updated within hours of when a new threat is identified.
      And when it's getting close to renewal time they are always offering cut rate deals on multi year packages.👍

      Comment

      • #18
        Bako88fanjr
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2016
        • 19

        I recommend just getting Malwarebytes and disabling your windows Antivirus. Have malwarebytes do a daily scan and have the viruses removed. If you wanted protection immediately then I suggest getting avast. Avast always comes in 1st place in my books.

        Comment

        • #19
          9mmrevolver
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 1477

          I would trust any virus protectors that are advertised on porn sites

          Comment

          • #20
            hylander
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 3872

            Originally posted by 9mmrevolver
            I would trust any virus protectors that are advertised on porn sites
            Well, since I don't hang out on porn sites I would not know what they advertise.
            Failure is not an Option

            Comment

            • #21
              Rvg2151
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2018
              • 27

              Originally posted by 67Cuda
              If you have Window 10 (7 & 8) use the Defender that is free. It works.
              Ultimately, computer security come down to what you do and where you go.
              I second 67cuda. The built in windows defender is enough for most home users and it does not hurt to have malware bytes installed as a secondary for any malware that defender doesn't catch (you dont need the premium version unless you want automated scanning and updates). Also I recommend superantispyware as well if you are doing more high risk activity (Torrents, Porn, foreign sites, etc...)

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1