Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Alternative to newegg with no tax?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Falstaff
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 2317

    Alternative to newegg with no tax?

    I love Newegg but I hate funding tyranny, are there any out of state computer component dealers comparable to Newegg?
  • #2
    Wallabing
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 1499

    BH&P photo has no taxes, they sell a good selection of PC components for your builds. They are based in downtown Manhattan, New York City.

    Comment

    • #3
      sd_shooter
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2008
      • 14281

      ebay

      Comment

      • #4
        fishmonger
        Member
        • Oct 2014
        • 319

        i have used bh&p before they are good company. i also heard http://www.ncix.com/ was good but never used them yet.

        Comment

        • #5
          POLICESTATE
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2009
          • 18185

          Originally posted by fishmonger
          i have used bh&p before they are good company. i also heard http://www.ncix.com/ was good but never used them yet.
          Yeah I've used these guys a few times over the years and always good prices and no problems.
          -POLICESTATE,
          In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


          sigpic


          Government Official Lies
          . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

          Comment

          • #6
            dchang0
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 2772

            I like B&H Photo Video, as others have suggested.
            ebay is where I buy most of my computer parts nowadays.

            Also try:
            PCConnection.com
            TigerDirect.com
            ProVantage.com
            techforless.com
            amatteroffax.com for printers/copiers

            For used/open-box items, BPAI LLC computer recyclers is a good source. Some of their stuff is brand new overstock stuff.

            Comment

            • #7
              mrflip69
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2015
              • 31

              The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!


              My PC is 8+ years old, still running strong. I think I bought my CPU from them at the time?

              Comment

              • #8
                EXTREMEOPS1
                Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 306

                Newegg is a horrendous company to do returns

                Originally posted by Falstaff
                I love Newegg but I hate funding tyranny, are there any out of state computer component dealers comparable to Newegg?
                I purchased a powerful wifi unit to extend my coverage in my home only to find that it was for something completely different once I opened the package. I spent months trying to get my return credit and even called my credit card to void the transaction after I had a confirmed receipt. Newegg attempted to charge me a 45% restocking fee as I had opened the package then found that the unit was not compatible with my windows 10 and only compatible with Android systems. Nowhere did it mention that. I was told by a supervisor that I would not be charged the restocking fee as the unit was not compatible . But that was recinded later. Eventually I received a credit and was charged a 10% restocking fee which on a $299 unit was still unacceptable but had no choice and then got my credit card to reimburse the restocking fee thanks Amex. I would rather burn off my testicles with a blowtorch than buy anything from Newegg.They will never get any of my business again ....
                "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

                - General George S. Patton, Jr.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Hoop
                  Ready fo HILLARY!!
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 11544

                  NCIX, Tigerdirect, PCPartpicker lists the best deals on components from all sorts of different sellers so maybe look there?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    myk
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 5955

                    What did Newegg do wrong?


                    I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      the86d
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 9591

                      Originally posted by myk
                      What did Newegg do wrong?
                      I 2nd this request for info...

                      Is it this?:
                      Newegg Inc
                      Corporate Campus
                      Address: 17560 Rowland St, City of Industry, CA 91745

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gogohopper
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 4733

                        Do people even read the op anymore ?

                        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Webologist
                        I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          keenkeen
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2011
                          • 6782

                          Originally posted by gogohopper
                          Do people even read the op anymore ?

                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                          Yeah, but it make no sense unless you assume the OP (and all the people posying suggestions for "no tax" online purchases) are admitting to cheating on thier taxes on a public forum.
                          "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gogohopper
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 4733

                            Originally posted by keenkeen
                            Yeah, but it make no sense unless you assume the OP (and all the people posying suggestions for "no tax" online purchases) are admitting to cheating on thier taxes on a public forum.
                            Do people even comprehend anymore ?
                            Originally posted by Webologist
                            I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              stilly
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 10685

                              Originally posted by keenkeen
                              Yeah, but it make no sense unless you assume the OP (and all the people posying suggestions for "no tax" online purchases) are admitting to cheating on thier taxes on a public forum.
                              Cheating on taxes? By trying to keep more of what is yours up front and only pay it when you have to so that all interest earned can go back into your pocket in the meantime?

                              Let's not threadjack please. Just tell OP where they can buy something good that is not Newegg...


                              But OP, what is wrong with Newegg? I mean, aside from them being a CA business...

                              I was going to suggest Directron as well, they are a tad higher sometimes, but they have good stuff and you can pair things up and bundle just about every purchase.
                              7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                              Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                              And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1