Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone use a dash cam?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Yugo
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2011
    • 8400



    I love it. Got it a couple week ago.
    sigpic

    Originally posted by WAMO556
    Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

    Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

    Umm yeah!!!!!

    Comment

    • #17
      the86d
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2011
      • 9591

      Use your old Android:
      DailyRoads Voyager is an Android dashcam app, allowing for continuous video recording from vehicles. Essentially, the application acts as a video black box, dashcam or auto DVR, recording everything, but only keeping what the user is really interested in.

      Comment

      • #18
        hey8you
        Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 190

        I'v used several different dash cameras. 2 were CCTV systems used as dash cameras and 2 were HD dash camera.

        I like the idea of a small/hidden system.
        The first one I used is a B40 A118.


        Works great, 1080p and very small, no rear camera. Microphone works great. Also very cheap, many knockoffs. GPS optional.


        My current one is Blackvue DR650GW-2CH and a backup battery.



        Front(1080p) and rear(720p) camera, GPS, able to download video directly to your phone through WiFi. Picky on memory cards and the microphone does not like my loud(no mufflers) exhaust.

        Front camera, 1080p

        Rear Camera 720p

        Comment

        • #19
          Scratch705
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 12537

          i am currently using a transcend drivepro 200.

          i will say that the video quality isn't the best. after a certain distance you can't really read the license plates but you can still easily distinguish larger details.

          still debating if i should get a better video cam setup or just stay with this.
          Originally posted by leelaw
          Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
          Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
          Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
          Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
          Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

          Comment

          • #20
            Flyliner
            Member
            • May 2008
            • 288

            Good reviews here + a forum for discussion:

            .



            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              j-shot
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2014
              • 1646

              Originally posted by Dano3467
              j-shot:

              How long have you own the 820 (how many summers in particular)
              About two years I believe. The main problem with heat is that you will come out from a store or work or whatever on a hot day and the suction cup will have failed dropping the camera down to the dash. This has occurred about four times.
              Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
              ...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
              Originally posted by Appleseed
              A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
              Originally posted by ProShooter
              No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.

              Comment

              • #22
                xfer42
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Sep 2007
                • 709

                I have 3 of these:


                1 in my wifes Tacoma
                1 in my GTO
                The last one is a floater. I power it with 3 18650 li-ion batteries when I need to (My wife thought someone was messing with her truck at work). Im thinking about mounting that one as a rear facing cam in the GTO.

                There are probably better ones out now for less now. I got that at the time because it was one of the best, and folks in AZ said they had no problems with the heat, and it was the smallest.
                Last edited by xfer42; 07-08-2016, 9:39 AM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  mountainmark
                  Member
                  • Feb 2014
                  • 180

                  i have a blackvue model 600 something, using it for about 2 years, never one problem......i havent caught anything cool yet

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    CalNRA
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 8686

                    Originally posted by hey8you

                    Front camera, 1080p
                    Charger?
                    Originally posted by cvigue
                    This is not rocket surgery.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Marauder2003
                      Waiting for Abs
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 3124

                      Originally posted by Capt.Dunsel
                      They were told that if I had wanted I could have them up on assault charges for flipping me off , my grand daughter was in the car at the time .
                      Since when is flashing the finger assault? What snowflake legislature dweeb got that passed?

                      OK, you had a kid in the car but that gesture is in the papers, TV and social media all the time. Nothing new.
                      #NotMyPresident
                      #ArrestFauci
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Capt.Dunsel
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 1199

                        Originally posted by Marauder2003
                        Since when is flashing the finger assault? What snowflake legislature dweeb got that passed?

                        OK, you had a kid in the car but that gesture is in the papers, TV and social media all the time. Nothing new.
                        Check the definition of assault , you are probably confusing it with a battery , 2 different charges

                        Just FYI , Degrees of Assault

                        First degree assault, the level of assault that is given the harshest punishment, generally includes severe bodily harm and extreme indifference for the value of human life. Instead of using the category “first degree assault,” some jurisdictions will use the term aggravated assault, which is just another way of saying it’s the most serious form of assault.

                        Aggravated or first degree assault will usually include the use of a dangerous weapon in its definition. Second degree assault will usually include the use of a dangerous weapon as well, but what makes second degree assault different from first degree assault is either the intent behind the bodily harm, or the level of bodily harm. Third degree assault is the form of assault that receives the lightest punishment. This is when a person attempts to injure another person, but does not, or when a person does injure a person, just not physically.
                        Last edited by Capt.Dunsel; 07-08-2016, 6:29 PM.
                        Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

                        Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.

                        Librarian " Calguns is not a 'general discussion board".

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Cokebottle
                          Señor Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 32373

                          Originally posted by Capt.Dunsel
                          This is when a person attempts to injure another person, but does not, or when a person does injure a person, just not physically.
                          So if someone calls you a name, it is 3rd degree assault?

                          Farkin nuts.
                          - Rich

                          Originally posted by dantodd
                          A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            p7m8jg
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 1914

                            Originally posted by Cokebottle
                            So if someone calls you a name, it is 3rd degree assault?

                            Farkin nuts.
                            No. Not in Kommiefornia. I know of no law that bans giving someone the "finger" and makes it a crime to do so.

                            There is also no "degree" of assault in Kommiefornia.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              bubbapug1
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7958

                              I have a cobra. You can buy one at Costco. It's a three hour recording loop. Also, it tracks your location, speed, and if you get hit, force of impact.

                              I was rear ended a year ago by a lady who promptly told me I backed into her. I called the police to the scene knowing there was going to be problems. Turns out she had no license, no citizenship, no insurance, and was driving a borrowed car.

                              Never hurts to have a camera in such a situation.
                              I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                POLICESTATE
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 18185

                                I got a Rexing V1 dashcam for my wife's car and after some learning curves seems to work pretty good. I'm having a problem with my dashboard getting reflected but if someone does something dumb (and I have a couple already) it clearly visible at 1080p

                                Going to get another soon for my car. Thinking about getting a rear view cam as well.
                                -POLICESTATE,
                                In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


                                sigpic


                                Government Official Lies
                                . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1