Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Your firearms after you die

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    NastyNate
    Senior Member
    • May 2012
    • 1697

    For the children!

    NastyNate
    -NN

    Comment

    • #47
      Rainbow Warrior
      Banned
      • Apr 2010
      • 10501

      My boys will handle it as they please, I'll be dead so my opinion won't be heard.

      Comment

      • #48
        bombadillo
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2007
        • 14810

        Guns go to my wife. If my wife dies with me, my kids (boy and girl) will know what to do with my firearms because I am instilling the value and virtues of firearms. End of story.

        Comment

        • #49
          Chief-7700
          Veteran Member
          • May 2008
          • 3382

          Any thing with a serial number has been put into our trust.

          XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
          IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
          NRA Certified RSO
          "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

          Comment

          • #50
            Tank 57
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 4179

            This is something I need to address.Oldest son expects them all.This is unrealistic and unfair.

            Oldest daughter is not responsible and they would be wasted.Sadly this excludes my 3 little granddaughters.(Unless I still am around when they are adults,Very possible)

            Younger son will get a nice sampling,good handgun,.22 rifle and handgun,shotgun and at least 1 rifle.If he has any children,will probably leave at least a .22.(Married no kids yet)

            Youngest daughter has little interest.She is a very responsible young lady.Need to talk to her about this.

            This thread has given me a lot to think about.

            Something else I just thought of,need to consider legality of some of the transfers.Oldest is in New Jersey,rest in California.
            Last edited by Tank 57; 11-02-2014, 2:37 PM.

            Comment

            • #51
              Tripper
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2011
              • 7628

              Your firearms after you die

              Originally posted by Tank 57
              This is something I need to address.Oldest son expects them all.This is unrealistic and unfair.



              Oldest daughter is not responsible and they would be wasted.Sadly this excludes my 3 little granddaughters.(Unless I still around when they are adults,Very possible)



              Younger son will get a nice sampling,good handgun,.22 rifle and handgun,shotgun and at least 1 rifle.If he has any children,will probably leave at least a .22.(Married no kids yet)



              Youngest daughter has little interest.She is a very responsible young lady.Need to talk to her about this.



              This thread has given me a lot to think about.

              Is there anyone else you can leave with that can transfer to grand kids later on, maybe your youngest daughter could be the intermediary and she would need to DROS when passing to her niece/nephews
              That's what my dad did, gave to me to give to my sisters daughter when she is old enough, I just can't transfer directly, have to DROS it since no longer in the grandparent/parent/child line
              Legalities, across state lines has to go through ffl
              Last edited by Tripper; 11-02-2014, 2:43 PM.
              WTB NAA Belt Buckle
              MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

              Comment

              • #52
                Tripper
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2011
                • 7628

                Originally posted by bombadillo
                Guns go to my wife. If my wife dies with me, my kids (boy and girl) will know what to do with my firearms because I am instilling the value and virtues of firearms. End of story.

                That's somewhat how I am with my kids, stuff that was passed to me from their grandparents, they already know who those things go to as well as my guns
                WTB NAA Belt Buckle
                MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

                Comment

                • #53
                  mdib870
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 1391

                  my guns will go to the family member that appreciates firearms the most, who I know will not tell them
                  give 'em the whole 9 yards

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    small hole shooter
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 1183

                    Forget the guns, it will be all about the Ammo!

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      joefrank64k
                      @ the Dark End of the Bar
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 10124

                      All my guns, and the many guns I've inherited, are just tools in my eyes. Useful and interesting, but just tools. I don't assign any more value to one over another because my dad or grandmother owned it. Life's too short for that nonsense.

                      I've got a DB listing all of them and their accessories, along with current values. If I go first, then Mrs jf64k will know what to do. If we both go, then our trust specifies who's in charge and how money from the sale of our estate, including the guns, should be divided.

                      Besides, at that point, I won't be around to care. So why worry?
                      You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                      If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                      Come on...what harm??

                      joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        cannon
                        In Memoriam
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 8589

                        The boy gets a glock and the M4. Those are what he used in the sandbox and what he likes. He has no interest in old Colt acps & Pythons, Garands and the other used to be available and now aren't guns I have and love.

                        So the wife who has been taught what they are and how to determine price them and will sell them off to new caretakers and run off to Aruba with the pool boy on the cash they bring.
                        Last edited by cannon; 11-03-2014, 11:02 PM.
                        ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Gomphe
                          Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 257

                          Question about the guns once you pass. Since my guns were under my name when I bought them, how would it transfer when I pass? Would the beneficiary need to put them under their name?

                          -Gomphe

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            JDay
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19393

                            Originally posted by Tripper
                            Legalities, across state lines has to go through ffl
                            AFAIK Inherited firearms are exempt from that requirement, even handguns.

                            Sent from my LG G3
                            Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                            The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Brob
                              Junior Member
                              • Sep 2014
                              • 35

                              Originally posted by Fjold
                              My biggest fear is that Wifezilla will sell my guns for what I told her that I paid for them.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                calwoodbutcher
                                Member
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 261

                                Oldest son's safe is only half full (bigass safe). He can use the filler. Youngest has no interest. He gets all of the tools.
                                An Armed Society is a Polite Society!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1