Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

polymer ar 15 upper receiver

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Merc1138
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19742

    Originally posted by klewan
    So why all the hate on plastic? AR's, the barrel extension takes all the load. And if the heat isn't screwing up the bolt carrier tunnel, why all the pissing and moaning? It's Blackthorne! Everything they sell is suspect.
    Because even though it's 2014, people still like to treat guns like it's 1954 and anything that isn't made out of metal and wood is just going to fall apart. The fact that the OP's upper is plastic is irrelevant. The problem here is that it's a blackthorne/heese/vulcan/velocity arms product, and I wouldn't trust it for a .22lr build.

    Comment

    • #32
      klewan
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 3031

      Originally posted by Merc1138
      Because even though it's 2014, people still like to treat guns like it's 1954 and anything that isn't made out of metal and wood is just going to fall apart. The fact that the OP's upper is plastic is irrelevant. The problem here is that it's a blackthorne/heese/vulcan/velocity arms product, and I wouldn't trust it for a .22lr build.
      I think you need a little more evidence as to whether a plastic upper is a turd or not. Seems obvious they can and do work from the other posts.

      Comment

      • #33
        Merc1138
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 19742

        Originally posted by klewan
        I think you need a little more evidence as to whether a plastic upper is a turd or not. Seems obvious they can and do work from the other posts.
        Again, I'm not saying plastic uppers are turds, I'm saying things produced by that company are turds. Did you even read my responses to this thread? Even the response you quoted clearly indicates that I'm not against plastic, as long as it's done right. If the OP had a billet aluminum or hell even a steel upper from Vulcan I wouldn't be willing to buy it for $1.

        Comment

        • #34
          Gunsmith Dan
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 1445

          bumping it because it deserves to be seen by the masses

          Comment

          • #35
            mikenewgun87
            In Memoriam
            • Jul 2011
            • 7732

            Didnt even know they had polymer uppers....

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1