Because even though it's 2014, people still like to treat guns like it's 1954 and anything that isn't made out of metal and wood is just going to fall apart. The fact that the OP's upper is plastic is irrelevant. The problem here is that it's a blackthorne/heese/vulcan/velocity arms product, and I wouldn't trust it for a .22lr build.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
polymer ar 15 upper receiver
Collapse
X
-
I think you need a little more evidence as to whether a plastic upper is a turd or not. Seems obvious they can and do work from the other posts.Because even though it's 2014, people still like to treat guns like it's 1954 and anything that isn't made out of metal and wood is just going to fall apart. The fact that the OP's upper is plastic is irrelevant. The problem here is that it's a blackthorne/heese/vulcan/velocity arms product, and I wouldn't trust it for a .22lr build.Comment
-
Again, I'm not saying plastic uppers are turds, I'm saying things produced by that company are turds. Did you even read my responses to this thread? Even the response you quoted clearly indicates that I'm not against plastic, as long as it's done right. If the OP had a billet aluminum or hell even a steel upper from Vulcan I wouldn't be willing to buy it for $1.Comment
-
bumping it because it deserves to be seen by the massesComment
-
Didnt even know they had polymer uppers....Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,319
Posts: 25,146,757
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 34917 users online. 157 members and 34760 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment