Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Don't Get Mad When you Read This!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    grammaton76
    Administrator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2005
    • 9511

    Sigs are nice.
    HKs are nice.
    CZ's are best.
    Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

    Comment

    • #17
      localguy
      Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 381

      Hmm, some of us might switch from Sig to HK if they made the the damn HK45 more widely available in California....
      The Los Angeles Gun Club, Rule #20:
      The noise will damage the fetus.

      Comment

      • #18
        Nefarious
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2006
        • 2083

        Originally posted by Boxer
        Just for curiosity, why are there so many Sigs for sale ....
        I wondered the same exact thing. Im in the market for another handgun, and was looking at an XD, 1911, Glock ... and couldnt help notice all the Sigs for sale
        sigpic
        **** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****

        Comment

        • #19
          Jonathan Doe

          I was authorized to carry Sigs about 3 months ago. So, I just sold my HK USP45 and bought 2 Sig P220 45s(P220R and P220 Combat) and one P226 9mm. They fit my hands much better than full size USP.

          Comment

          • #20
            Beelzy
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2008
            • 9225

            The simple reason is that Sig has a yitload of fresh new dealers and they
            need to move product.
            "I kill things for a living, don't make yourself one of them"

            Comment

            • #21
              Boxer
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 1499

              Thanks.

              Well that cleared it up.

              The thing that bugs me about the Sigs is the de-cocker seems to be in a place that is easy to hit when getting ready to shoot. You can switch between several guns HK, Springfield, Walther, as the safeties and de-cocker seem to be in the same place, but not the case with Sig.

              Thanks for your comments.
              ~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

              Comment

              • #22
                Snapping Twig
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2007
                • 2108

                Had my P 220 since early 87, defended my family with it twice and it's never leaving me - never.

                That said, I have a 1911 that shoots rings around it, but for a "nightstand" gun, it's perfect.
                Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Black Majik
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 9695

                  Originally posted by Boxer
                  Well that cleared it up.

                  The thing that bugs me about the Sigs is the de-cocker seems to be in a place that is easy to hit when getting ready to shoot. You can switch between several guns HK, Springfield, Walther, as the safeties and de-cocker seem to be in the same place, but not the case with Sig.

                  Thanks for your comments.
                  Honestly, I shoot both. While my comments above against HK were in jest, I like both the same. The SIG P-series decocker isn't really an issue as it doesn't get in the way for me, however the slidestop is usually an issue in location. It is for me as well as other high thumb shooters who tend to ride the slidestop thus causing a failure to slidelock. It doesn't bother me anymore since I just accept it, but it's been known to happen.

                  The HK's safety/decocker system on the USP is nice. However, for high thumb shooters again, the location is too far rearward for a comfortable grip. The bore axis is noticeably higher than the P-series IMO, so pointability isn't as natural. Lastly, riding the safety has caused me to decock unexpectedly. Quite frustrating when you're expecting a single action trigger and get a DA.

                  I also prefer the stock sights on the SIG P-series. The stock USP sights suck. Trigger on the HK is heavier, longer trigger stroke in DA, grittier and stacks more.

                  I think I prefer my P226 over my USPf based on the accounts above. YMMV.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    5968
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3557

                    Originally posted by 5968
                    They are upgrading to HKs!
                    I knew this would get a response! Just for the record, I own both HKs and Sigs. I really enjoy shooting both and love them equally.
                    sigpicIf you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
                    Originally posted by hoffmang
                    NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      RT13
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 1407

                      Originally posted by Boxer
                      Well that cleared it up.

                      The thing that bugs me about the Sigs is the de-cocker seems to be in a place that is easy to hit when getting ready to shoot. You can switch between several guns HK, Springfield, Walther, as the safeties and de-cocker seem to be in the same place, but not the case with Sig.

                      Thanks for your comments.

                      I can see how to some, the location of the decocker on Sigs would bother them. And some may even ride it. On the other hand, on my P2000, though I love the locationof the decocker near the hammer, hearing that snap or "hammer drop" sound when decocking is almost freaky and unnerving.
                      But you do get used to it. The P2000 is one of my all time favorite handguns, even better than the P30 which I have shot multiple times.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        8200rpm
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 1151

                        why are there so many BMWs for sale if they are so supposed to be so good? I am a SAAB fan and see a few SAABs here and there, but the BMWs are everywhere, car lot after car lot. There are so many for sale I had to ask, what's up?

                        If you are a BMW fan sorry for this question.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Rob454
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 11254

                          maybe simply peole get bored with the gun or they want to upgrade to something else.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Black Majik
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 9695

                            Originally posted by 8200rpm
                            why are there so many BMWs for sale if they are so supposed to be so good? I am a SAAB fan and see a few SAABs here and there, but the BMWs are everywhere, car lot after car lot. There are so many for sale I had to ask, what's up?

                            If you are a BMW fan sorry for this question.
                            Ah ha! I figured it out. There's more SIGs out there than HKs, hence more SIGs for sale as a result because they're more popular than HKs.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Moonclip
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 4390

                              There is a lot of SigP6's on the market right now is part of it. Out of over 100 handguns I own only 2 Sig Sauers and no HK currently, I need to correct that.
                              .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                              7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                              9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                              .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                              .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                              20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                M I K
                                Junior Member
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 99

                                SIG is spelled with all capitals as they are initials.
                                sigpic
                                Semper Paratus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1