What manufacturer of range ammo have you found to be the most consistent, with regards to clean burning, accurate, and consistent velocities? I normally get my ammo from a very good source and have been happy so far, but I ordered 115 grain this last time and it has been fairly inconsistent. I have never seen this much variation in the 124 grain from the same company. Just trying to get some feedback and your experiences. I fired 10 rounds of one of my defensive rounds today and in contrast, my best group with the practice ammo was 3 5/8" at 25 ft. the avg was about 4 1/4" at 25 ft. My 10 shot group with the Federal HST standard pressure was 2 1/4".
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Favorite range ammo
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
I wish I had the luxury of choosing - I just buy whatever is the lowest price with brass cases (range restriction). One of these days maybe I'll buy a 9mm...
He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War
I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater.
-Milton Friedman
What kind of government do you guys got here? This is worse than California.
-Woody Allen, Sleepers -
BulletMan factory reloads
But that's for bulk stuff, I don't worry too much on high end, high cost, high QC stuff for practice.Comment
-
-
The ammo I buy now is bulk I usually get 1000 at a time. Just saw a big difference between the 124 grain that I normally purchase versus this last batch that was in 115 grain.sigpicComment
-
Whatever is cheap and available.sigpic
PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person
When pimping begins, friendship ends.
Don't let your history be a mysteryComment
-
Another for cheap and reliable. I'll use factory reloads before I buy any steel or aluminum cased ammo. If new is just a couple of pennies more that reloads I'll buy new.I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
NRA Certified:
Chief Range Safety Officer
Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the HomeComment
-
-
Hope this helps- 9mm FMJ 115 grain- MagTech, PMC, Remington UMC and Jack Ross Factory reloads.Comment
-
-
I have an obsession with yugo surplus ammo of the 7.62x39 and 7.62x54 variety accurate and range safe which is a big deal where I live. It is also a lot more affordable than other brassed case ammo. For 9mm I like winchester white box a little dirty but works good in my rifle.Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock PouchComment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,730
Posts: 25,150,874
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 21567 users online. 135 members and 21432 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment