Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check prices before selling

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    billybob_jcv
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 1507

    357 lever guns are hot items because of the popularity of cowboy action shooting. The Rossi is really the only reasonably priced, CAS-legal lever gun on the market. All the others are $1000+. In addition, for whatever reason, there doesn't seem to be many places with the 357 lever guns in stock. There are zillions of 30-30 Rossi, Marlin & Winchester - every Turners and Big 5 has a 30-30.

    I'm not trying to defend the prices - I'm just not surprised that someone is trying to get a high price for their Rossi 357 lever gun. It drives me crazy to see a nice Marlin 336 in 30-30 selling new for less than a used Rossi in 357.
    He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

    I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater.
    -Milton Friedman

    What kind of government do you guys got here? This is worse than California.
    -Woody Allen, Sleepers

    Comment

    • #77
      Mitch
      Mostly Harmless
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2008
      • 6580

      Originally posted by Omnomagon
      So... what would you pay for an M1 Garand?

      Let's assume that you don't qualify to get one through CMP.
      Go qualify and buy one through the CMP. <-- correct answer for all US citizens
      Originally posted by cockedandglocked
      Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

      Comment

      • #78
        Fenr1r
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 599

        Come back and make this post after selling your first gun on the forum and see the lowball offers you get. No one is expecting to get what they list most of the time but it weeds out those who try to waste your time.

        Comment

        • #79
          Mitch
          Mostly Harmless
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Mar 2008
          • 6580

          Originally posted by Fenr1r
          Come back and make this post after selling your first gun on the forum and see the lowball offers you get. No one is expecting to get what they list most of the time but it weeds out those who try to waste your time.
          I sold a number of guns last year and by pricing them fairly from the beginning I got lots of interest and no low-balls.
          Originally posted by cockedandglocked
          Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

          Comment

          • #80
            pc_load_letter
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 2520

            I think the only firearms I made any kind of profit off was my two Sp-01's that I sold for $800.

            Beyond that, I think I've probably lost money on most of my sales just because I don't feel like bumping a thread every day and want the item sold so I can move on to the next item I want.

            Sold a PPQ for $600ish. My custom glock from glockworx for $500. An SR9 for under $400. A BEAUTIFUL Sig 1911 railed for a little under $700.

            Meh, the only deal I regret was selling my SCAR 16s for 2k. Had I waited a couple months, I probably could have pulled closer to 3k for it.

            Do kinda wish I had my VEPR in 762x54R back but I am happy with my OPAP.

            Comment

            • #81
              light351
              Member
              • Jul 2014
              • 142

              You can price what you own at whatever crazy price you wish! Don't mean its gonna sale! I'm with you OP I laugh at so many ads, crazy high numbers some even higher than new, but then you see 2 or 3 pages of daily bumps and "final drop" posts..

              Comment

              • #82
                alexm128
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 87

                rossi 92 357

                Dear larkja that rossi 92 357 You are talking about for $700, comes with a lot of extras, and lot of work to it, so rifle alone, You are correct cost $550 otd. at the store. Something to think about.

                Comment

                • #83
                  Mitch
                  Mostly Harmless
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 6580

                  Originally posted by alexm128
                  Dear larkja that rossi 92 357 You are talking about for $700, comes with a lot of extras, and lot of work to it, so rifle alone, You are correct cost $550 otd. at the store. Something to think about.
                  Compare and contrast:





                  I guess that first Rossi 92 has $250 worth of leather stuff on it.
                  Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                  Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1