Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do I let CA know I moved away?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    meaty-btz
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 8980

    I sold my matador about, hell, 10 years ago. I have since submitted the paperwork about 5 times. The car has been registered and resold out of state at least twice since.

    Still.. every year on the dot the cal DMV sends me a registration notice. I am lucky, however, as the car was NON-OPED before I sold it out of state so I don't have to do diddly and there is no back-reg due crap.

    No, CAL DMV is like the FTB.. full of fail.
    ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

    Comment

    • #32
      ojisan
      Agent 86
      CGN Contributor
      • Apr 2008
      • 11781

      My son moved to Oregon from CA two months before the CA registration renewal on his truck was due.
      He registered his truck in Oregon a month after he moved there.
      Oregon wants new residents to get a OR driver's license within 6 months of moving there.
      My son went to get his OR DL about 90 days after he moved there.
      When he got to the OR DMV, they told him he could not get the OR DL because CA had suspended his DL.
      He contacted CA DMV to ask why his DL has been suspended and they said it was because he had not paid his truck renewal on time.
      He told them (and faxed them a copy of the OR registration) that he had moved to OR permanently before his truck registration had expired so he did not have to pay another year of CA registration.
      CA DMV insisted that he pay $264 for the truck registration otherwise they would keep his DL suspended.
      He went a few rounds with them, letters to them and more, they finally said they would reduce the charges to $10 and if he paid that, they would reinstate his DL.
      My son called me to complain that the DMV should not be able to charge him anything...it was the principal of the matter that bothered him.
      I told him to pay the $10 as it was well worth that amount to be done with the CA DMV.
      He paid them the $10.

      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
      I don't really care, I just like to argue.

      Comment

      • #33
        Ugly Hombre
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2014
        • 1191

        Dear California,

        I'm gone- I had a job and payed taxes, was not a criminal wanted to live under the Constitution as a free American.

        You taxed the hell out of me every chance you got and then some, forced me to pay for your bolshevik baloney, took my money and gave it to Mr. Gimmedat. Infringed my 2nd amnd. rights Told me every day that I was the bad guy because I believe in the constitution and am a conservative. IMO your leaders like Leland Yee took political corruption to new heights unheard of in modern America. You told me I was a racist every day and a homophobe, I am not and don't care what other people do.

        You are a hoplophobe though- for sure.

        I don't owe you any money you took it all.

        I am taking my BB gun and sling shot with me. I am also taking my ford fiesta.

        Don't call me- I won't call you

        Adios Bolos!!!

        Sincerly,

        Joyce Jr.
        Last edited by Ugly Hombre; 09-01-2014, 1:17 PM.

        Comment

        • #34
          SirGlockALott
          Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 234

          Im out of here

          Comment

          • #35
            mikenewgun87
            In Memoriam
            • Jul 2011
            • 7732

            Where ya moving to brah? You said out of country right?

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1