Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun buyback El Monte SoCal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    5150Marcelo
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 7681

    Originally posted by tombinghamthegreat
    Any FFL dealers gonna go scout the people surrendering their arms, see if there is anything worth buying? Make it into a state funded gun show, using their own program against them.



    I am sure the lamestream media would call a gun buyback a success and mosin nagants a SKS assualt rifle
    Right. Or callem "russian sniper rifles used to kill people"

    Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
    Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
    Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
    Originally posted by Slayer;
    Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      Rudolf the Red
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 1038

      Years and years ago there was a gun buyback in Oakland giving away computers. I did not have one at the time so I took this working, bolt action, Sears .22 with a broken tube feed (still worked single shot) that I paid a friend $10 for down to Oaktown for the trade. First 50 people got a comp. I was number 50. When they got to me, I looked at the rifle, thought about it's history, and how that was going to end there in Oakland. When the person collecting guns said, "Hand it over.", I turned and walked away. He called after me and I ignored him.

      That rifle was stolen along with all my other guns in 2003. Die criminals, DIE!
      sigpic
      NRA Benefactor Life Member
      01 Dealer Redding, CA
      US Army MP Corps Veteran
      Former NRA Pistol Coach Level 3

      I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.

      Comment

      • #18
        JeffM
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 4359

        Someone please tell me an FFL is going to make sure grandma doesn't turn in any of grandpa's old WWII bring-backs.

        Comment

        • #19
          bigmike82
          Bit Pusher
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2008
          • 3876

          Seriously!

          I volunteer to help any local FFL Dealer who wants to go in and buy stuff.
          -- 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

          Comment

          • #20
            socalgunrunner
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 614

            I wonder how many Raven .25's they accumulate during these "buy-backs"...

            I really can't see anyone turning in anything of value unless it's stolen. Some people may not want their guns anymore, but they're not stupid. That's why auction sites are so popular these days. People started realizing that they could make some money off the stuff that they used to give away for free.
            "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)

            Comment

            • #21
              duenor
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Mar 2007
              • 4617

              oh hell.
              I'll go over there.
              Anyone else want to go with me?

              my goal is to buy c&r only, but we can arrange for modern guns as well if its a really good deal.
              does anyone have a battery-powered copy machine?
              or an inverter to plug my copier in, so we can make copies of the sellers driver license?
              Entreprise Arms - FFL 07 manufacturer of CA-Legal FAL type rifles in Baldwin Park, CA.
              EAI IMBEL-FAL 7.62x51 NATO, CA Legal: $999 shipped www.entreprise.com
              SIG, Beretta, Glock, XD, HK Tritium GS sights

              "Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

              Comment

              • #22
                Johnny Diablo
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2007
                • 629

                I bought a power inverter at costco for less than $40. One of the better purchases I made. You can also use it when SHTF and the power goes out.
                Originally posted by Spiggy
                ....
                we'll be your friends, you'll never have to leave this textbased world of calguns ever ever again

                Comment

                • #23
                  tombinghamthegreat
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2007
                  • 2785

                  Originally posted by duenor
                  oh hell.
                  I'll go over there.
                  Anyone else want to go with me?
                  Keep us updated
                  "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense." Ron Paul
                  "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson
                  Originally posted by forumguy
                  The same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.
                  Originally posted by bwiese
                  Sometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Ford8N
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2002
                    • 6129

                    Originally posted by socalgunrunner
                    I wonder how many Raven .25's they accumulate during these "buy-backs"...

                    I really can't see anyone turning in anything of value unless it's stolen. Some people may not want their guns anymore, but they're not stupid. That's why auction sites are so popular these days. People started realizing that they could make some money off the stuff that they used to give away for free.
                    Oh yes they are. You would be surprised at how stupid some folks are who live in the ghetto.

                    And I talked to a FFL that went to the Oakland buy back, it was a fiasco to say the least. They lied on the press release about the terms of the buy back and were changing the terms as they wanted. The police were the ones changing the rules. So if you see one of these buy backs, don't believe anything they say, even if it is in writing. Remember, it is being put on by people who think all gun owners are criminals and should be in jail.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      AJAX22
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2006
                      • 14980

                      dang duenor... I wish I was there for that..

                      I'd love nothing more than to set up shop and buy quality C&R all day long...

                      Maby you can get an 01FFL to come along incase some nice WWII pistols show up?
                      Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                      Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Moonclip
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 4390

                        Originally posted by Ford8N
                        And I talked to a FFL that went to the Oakland buy back, it was a fiasco to say the least. They lied on the press release about the terms of the buy back and were changing the terms as they wanted. The police were the ones changing the rules..
                        Can you explain further? I have been to buybacks before, they are...interesting
                        .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                        7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                        9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                        .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                        .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                        20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Moonclip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 4390

                          I went to it, they asked for ID to turn in guns which I refused to do. I will give a full report later. Also in addition to $50 cash they were giving away other options like $80 gift cards to Vons and $90 gift cards to Red Wing shoes.
                          .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                          7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                          9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                          .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                          .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                          20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            jumbopanda
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 8382

                            No self-respecting gun owner should be supporting this crap. You'd just be encouraging more useless stunts like this.
                            Mo' BBs.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Sam
                              Calguns Addict
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 5205

                              I'm in an LSAT mode:

                              If any person believes that buy backs reduce crime then he/she doesn't have the mental capacity of my big toe.

                              I'm surprised...dumbfounded really that people still believe buy backs have any positive impact on gun crimes. I took a criminology class last quarter at UC Davis that refuted many crime prevention policies and even this class proved that buy backs were a complete waste of taxpayers' money and gov't time (not that there's really nothing wrong with that one).

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Ford8N
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2002
                                • 6129

                                Originally posted by samh323
                                I'm in an LSAT mode:

                                If any person believes that buy backs reduce crime then he/she doesn't have the mental capacity of my big toe.

                                I'm surprised...dumbfounded really that people still believe buy backs have any positive impact on gun crimes. I took a criminology class last quarter at UC Davis that refuted many crime prevention policies and even this class proved that buy backs were a complete waste of taxpayers' money and gov't time (not that there's really nothing wrong with that one).
                                The voters in Don Perata's district seem to think his ideas are good for the tax payer. They keep on voting him into office so he can grandstand with my hard earned money.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1