Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Did I get ripped off? 91/30.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Mr. Gillious
    Banned
    • Nov 2011
    • 1549

    LOL In my opinion, yes, you did royally screw yourself!

    But don't get mad. You will learn thru this mistake.

    You should have asked more questions. Looked to see if it was counter bored. Checked to see if serial numbers matched. You should have asked more and more questions. You should complain about all the imperfections or negatives about the firearms so that you could lower the price.

    $202 for a mosin nagant is expensive, but then again I have 10 that I paid around $135 for. I would only pay $202 if it was really really worth it.

    Enjoy your new toy, and learn from your mistakes

    Comment

    • #32
      hamburger5000
      Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 116

      If it is a hex reciever, then maybe yes. But if it is a run of the mill round reciever, probably not. That said, I bought a 1928 Tula Hex 91/30 for $260 OTD from Big 5. LOL.
      Last edited by hamburger5000; 05-09-2014, 7:39 AM.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        howbobert
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 654

        I think that the days of finding those on the cheap (less than $100) are far gone. Unless you happen on one at a garage sale or something. Big 5 did have good sales a few years ago. I think that the cheapest one I bought was a M-44 for $50 plus tax and DROS. But that was probably 10 years or so ago. I still carry around a Big 5 rain check for those Enfield No4 Mark 1's. It has a price of $129.99 on it.
        We are all Masters of our own Ship. It's the course changes that you make, that affect your life.

        I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

        NRA Life Member
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #34
          BigL
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 678

          The difference in year, model and features drive price. Yes, you can get one for under 100 dollars, non-numbers matching, rusted, bent pitted barrel. The LGS i go to know what they are selling so not all mosins they sell are the same price. There are a lot of factors that drive price. I know how it feels when you hold somethjng you've been wanting for awhile because you will tend to over look small important things. My suggestion to you is next time make a list of things your looking for in a mosin and inspect it more thoroughly.
          Originally posted by becciboo
          Why make it clear when there is an agency that can make up and enforce their own laws? Its one of those things where you need to make the personal decision as to whether you want to be right or free. Is it worth it to you?

          Comment

          • #35
            kygen
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 3259

            I think I am going mosin hunting next month
            Originally posted by thrillhouse700
            I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.

            Comment

            • #36
              I Swan
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 8770

              You got hosed.

              Comment

              • #37
                emptybottle151
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 1503

                You did ok, compared to Big 5. http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/pro...ion-rifle.html

                Now go buy some surplus ammo. https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail....dir=18|830|853
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #38
                  BigL
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 678

                  Originally posted by I Swan
                  You got hosed.
                  Not necessarily. If its a hexagonal reciver, all numbers matching, origional blueing, early serial and good condition its worth it. At this point it just seems like the OP is freaking out, he's seen the gun once and made an impulse buy not too sure what he's got. With over 64 mil produced all i can say is GOod Luck.
                  Originally posted by becciboo
                  Why make it clear when there is an agency that can make up and enforce their own laws? Its one of those things where you need to make the personal decision as to whether you want to be right or free. Is it worth it to you?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Black Majik
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 9695

                    Give it a few years, and $200 will be a drop in the bucket.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Chaos47
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 6615

                      Originally posted by Vlad 11
                      Ripped off isnt the correct description. Maybe you could have done better if you shopped around or had more knowledge about the rifles. But education costs money, so lesson learned.

                      At the end of the day ( or ten days ) you're still going to have solid powerful centerfire rifle for around 2 bills. Not a bad deal in the grand scheme of things.
                      This.
                      It was your first time, it was exciting and fast
                      And after the fact maybe it didn't go as well as you planned it.
                      Oh well, enjoy your first purchase and move on.

                      People that are comparing their pre 2014 prices are honestly just reminiscing.

                      Like someone else said gone are the days of $89 Big 5 Specials.

                      Its a different market than it was even last year.
                      With the law going into effect taking away the 50 year old cash and carry exemption and the requiring of a COE on top of an FFL03 for to your door rifles; things have changed.

                      Even last year when they where not on sale 180ish was a common price in FFL01 in CA. Sure if you had an FFL03 you could get $80-120 Mosins sent to you. But in state you could expect to pay more.

                      These Grade B's from Classic are probably the best deal around right now.

                      But having to have a COE ontop of an FFL03 to me kills it.
                      That or transferring it thru an FFL01 by doing out of state transfer fees which can be exorbitant.

                      BTW I wouldn't take their word that its GTG straight to the range. I would take it apart and check for cosmoline in all the little spots. If you shoot it and heat it up its just going to sweat right out of the places they missed.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Chameleon Loco
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 2187

                        I don't think you over paid for it, I bought a hex model in good condition from my local Big 5 for $223 including taxes and fees. I have only shot 80 rounds threw it so far but it has already cost me half the cost of the rifle.
                        Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          emptybottle151
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 1503



                          It's been 10 days, lest see this Russian bride.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            mosinnagantm9130
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2009
                            • 8783

                            Originally posted by witchdoktor
                            I also noticed that the notches for the sling had the metal inlays missing.
                            Wartime stock, made IIRC late 41-early 44.

                            Edited to add: You did fine. $150-200 is the going rate now.
                            Last edited by mosinnagantm9130; 05-18-2014, 2:59 PM.
                            Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                            My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                            Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                            Originally posted by ChopperX
                            I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                            Originally posted by Jeff L
                            Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              curtru
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 1278

                              The one I bought only cost me 50 otd in 2001 I still have it but I got it from a old friend of my grand dads he gave me some ammo he said he picked up during the war. There was a good story about it but its been well used.

                              Sent from my AP-7S118 using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                BigPimping
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Feb 2010
                                • 21487

                                You got a great gun. Enjoy and by no means did you get shafted.
                                sigpic

                                PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                                When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                                Don't let your history be a mystery

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1