Is it legal for an ffl to refuse a ppt? I went to a shop and they said they only do ppt's between 5 and 7 pm
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
PPT hours??
Collapse
X
-
PPT hours??
Tags: None -
Their shop their rules
Sent from my C6606 using TapatalkNow go home and get yer shine box.... -
Most won't do one within an hour of closing but that's the most I've heard. It is their place though.Originally posted by ar15barrelsSo you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
We must be on calguns...Comment
-
It was straightline tactical. They had a sign on the front of their door that said PPT's will ONLY be done during 5-7pm. It was not listed on their website so that got me a little upset, was worse for the buyer who drove pretty far.Comment
-

Why? Its perfectly legal. They didn't refuse, they have hours of operations and don't want someone showing up five minutes to close and more than likely not hate their **** together. Not saying that was the op but when I worked for an FFL, it was common for people to show up as we were locking up ready to do a PPT when they didn't even have an HSC.
Although the window is kinda douchey I still believe its legal. Two hour window really sucks unless that's 5am to 7pmLast edited by Maddog5150; 04-28-2014, 11:36 AM.Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!
For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
Note: I did not write the above article.
Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?
sigpicComment
-

Why? Its perfectly legal. They didn't refuse, they have hours of operations and don't want someone showing up five minutes to close and more than likely not hate their **** together. Not saying that was the op but when I worked for an FFL, it was common for people to show up as we were locking up ready to do a PPT when they didn't even have an HSC.
Although the window is kinda douchey I still believe its legal. Two hour window really sucks unless that's 5am to 7pm
pretty sure they are not allowed to say "no" during their hours of operation
i would suggest they change their listed hours of operation to avoid late ppts like state they close at 6 but stay open till 7 anywayComment
-
Some shops just don't like to do PPT because they only make 10.00 per but a good shop will do them all day long...and fast. City Arms East up here in NorCal has a good system set up..I bet they can do a dozen an hour if needed.....That's good revenue IMO....it pays the light bill.sigpicComment
-
Normally when I do a ppt, I keep the dl in the loop and call ahead and make an appointment. I don't assume anything that wayComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,597
Posts: 25,149,612
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28100 users online. 140 members and 27960 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment