Congratulations. Wish I could get out of this dump.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Moving to Tennessee!!!
Collapse
X
-
Godspeed and good luck. Glad to see you are leaving a place you hate so much. Life is too short to live anywhere one hates for any reason. Anyone who continues to live where they hate deserve it. If one hates this state so much they are an idiot to live here, no matter if it's for a job, living with mommy and daddy, school, whatever. If one hates it they should move, and if they don't they can't ***** about it. If they are here, it's their decision, period._________________________________Originally posted by KestryllYou're boned.
If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.Comment
-
Congrats and good luck. I will soon be leaving as well. I only have 1 year left in CA and can't wait to be in a free state.Originally posted by tankermanI think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.Originally posted by Douglas711Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.Comment
-
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Union...70812799700206
Originally posted by WherryjI am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?Comment
-
Ill be behind you shortly!! going to be heading to Cookeville, TN."A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of excercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate excercise to the body, it gives independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are to violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785.Comment
-
Way to make a blanket statement....I guess I'm an idiot then. I hate this State but choose to stay because my kids are here. My choice is to leave and see them a few times a year or stay and see them every week....seems like a no brainer to me.Godspeed and good luck. Glad to see you are leaving a place you hate so much. Life is too short to live anywhere one hates for any reason. Anyone who continues to live where they hate deserve it. If one hates this state so much they are an idiot to live here, no matter if it's for a job, living with mommy and daddy, school, whatever. If one hates it they should move, and if they don't they can't ***** about it. If they are here, it's their decision, period.
Congrats on the move. Tenesse is a beautiful State."Personal Weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons..."- Col. Jeff CooperComment
-
I stayed for the same reason... my son. I had a great job (making video games... Sonic the Hedgehog, then Spyro the Dragon and Ratchet & Clank). I use to spend every weekend with my son (shooting, RC trucks, airsoft, building catapults, water-balloon guns and all sorts of other fun stuff) but my son is now a sophomore off at college and it really does not matter where I live any more.
A plane ride to see him (or visa-versa) is a plane ride regardless if I am here in The PRK or in TN. If I could have frozen my son at the age of 12 or 15 I would have been tempted, but life doesn't work that way (and not sure I would want it to) I miss our weekends playing around, but he's practically (and legally IS) and adult now and things change.
For him, he's off on his own now and I am OUT OF HERE (which he is behind me 110%.... although I think he just wants to come visit and play with my new toys that I am sure to get once in TN!!!)
I use to love CA... but it's not CA any more it's The PRK and getting worse every year. It also took me over two hours to get down to the Costa Mesa Guns Show and the whole time stuck in traffic on the 405 (which they really need to renumber it to the 666) I kept dreaming of TN!!!
So there are VERY valid reasons to stay here, but once those are gone... I lost all reason to stay. The icing on the cake was when I found out that my house is worth $100,000 LESS then I owe on it!!! I know that eventually it will come back around, but I don't have the time, interest or patience to wait around this time. Especially since this time, I believe this little 'recession' we are in is something far more serious then in the past.
In addition the vast majority of my family has moved out of state (although not to TN), so other than a few friends, there wasn't much holding me here, and one of those friends is in fact moving to Nashville at the same time I am!!!
So off I go to trade earthquakes for tornados!If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough guns.
People need to remember that the same guys who wrote the 1st Amendment, also wrote the 2nd Amendment... and for the same exact reasons.Comment
-
We have some friends who live in Brentwood, Tenn. It looks like a nice area.
Then we went down to Franklin, Tenn., and thought it was much better and more affordable.
Good Choice, Tennessee!
Good Luck on your move.The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed.
What part of that don't you understand?Comment
-
Sweet dude, I wish I could escape the PRK also. I want to move to SC or AK in the future, but school and family come first before my gun hobby. TN sounds good too, so I am gonna look into that also.
Best of luck, and still come around now and then..Former "Subject" of the People's Republic of California in "exile" in Washington State.Comment
-
The friends that I've got that are moving out as well just bought a big house in Franklin. I may end up in Franklin as well, but I've got my eye on a house (on a little more than an acre) that is a little farther south!!
Dreading the move itself, but can't wait to be there!If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough guns.
People need to remember that the same guys who wrote the 1st Amendment, also wrote the 2nd Amendment... and for the same exact reasons.Comment
-
Good Luck!Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...
I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.
Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.
Secret Club Member?.Comment
-
Sad to lose another Cal gunner to another state. I was actually looking at Tennessee myself but for some reason Im still scared of the south. How do they feel about people of Indian ancestry? Anyone know?
- GA vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
- Theodore Roosevelt
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald ReaganComment
-
From what I understand about the Nashville area is that it's become quite 'metropolitan' since so many people have been moving there. It's not just Country Music any more, but all sorts of Entertainment based stuff, so I understand that it's not the Hickville that the name use to conjure up.
But to be honest, I've still never been there myself... just jumping in with both feet!! But I'm a red-neck at heart, always have been, so I figure I'll blend in pretty quick.If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough guns.
People need to remember that the same guys who wrote the 1st Amendment, also wrote the 2nd Amendment... and for the same exact reasons.Comment
-
Contrary to popular (Californian) belif, the South in general is very tolerant of all types. There are jerks everywhere you go and if you take into consideration population density, youre alot more likley to run into them here in CA than most anywhere else.
Theres a nice little Indian family in a little backwoods Georgia town I visit every year. Great people, loved in the community, and fit in quite well. Mind you, this is a tiny little farming town, seriously backwoods, right where you would consider the klan to be alive and well, however they do just fiine. Why, because people in the South are taught respect from the very beginning and while some folks might harbor ill feelings inside, they are for the most part outwardly hospitable, and that gives them time to get to know the PERSON.
Honestly, ive met more intolerant bigots here in CA than anywhere else Ive lived. Most likley because theres so many more people.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,581
Posts: 25,149,443
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23201 users online. 111 members and 23090 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment