Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

if you could only have one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    JDay
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2008
    • 19393

    1911.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

    The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

    Comment

    • #62
      wolfoholic
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 26

      I second the hk
      Of the ones the op mentioned they are different calibers.. Hard to compare if I had to choose between the g20 and the 1911 is pick the 1911 because it's more fun. But personally I like the glocks for defensive carry or Hd because of their reliability.
      Hk is the best choice IMHO


      LupusCorp.com

      Comment

      • #63
        IronColt
        Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 487

        45 ACP>40>9mm.

        Comment

        • #64
          akoba
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1147

          1911
          01010100 01101000 01100001 01101110 01101011 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000
          01000011 01100001 01101100 01100111 01110101 01101110 01110011 00101110 01101110 01100101 01110100

          Comment

          • #65
            infringed711
            Banned
            • Jun 2012
            • 2805

            1911, don't need the higher cap because the only thing a pistol is good for is fighting your way to a rifle

            Comment

            • #66
              davek8s
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 2014

              Since I have a G22 and 1911... I guess I'd go with hookers

              Comment

              • #67
                bassplayer
                Member
                • May 2013
                • 177

                1911 but I have a Glock 19 and a 26 jailed.

                Dan K

                Comment

                • #68
                  SHEPHERD321
                  Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 143

                  xd9. I dont even own one, but if you only had one pistol it would have to be in 9x19

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    davidb
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 1769

                    the 1911

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      FreedomWriter
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2014
                      • 299

                      The first gun I fired was a 1911 and it was loads of fun. Put a smile on my face that took a week to get rid of.

                      I've never fired a Glock, but I hear there are tons of fans out there who have. The XD line-up just never appealed to my eye or my hands the way other pistols do.

                      The 1911 however, fit like a glove and I could feel the 100+ years of excellence pulsating with each round as it left the barrel. It just has a different feel to it when it fires, it is very hard to explain. Just recently spent some time with an HK USP 45 and it turned out to be the little armored tank that I dreamed it would be. It seems very rugged.

                      Still, there is something about the 1911 that is downright romantic. I have no idea why it is so appealing - it just is.
                      Last edited by FreedomWriter; 03-17-2014, 8:31 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        adamjay
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 1400

                        1911
                        'The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.'

                        -Abraham Lincoln

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          thenodnarb
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2009
                          • 2603

                          Stupid question. Buy both. There is no set of circumstances that keeps you from buying more than one gun. One gun at a time? sure. Even if you get another one 3 years from now, you can still get it later.

                          Skip the XD

                          How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
                          How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Tarn_Helm
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 2126

                            Originally posted by 1badman
                            Xd9
                            Glock 22
                            Sa 1911 mil spec

                            Which would you choose?
                            Limits on number of guns imply, to my mind at least, some sort of SHTF scenario.

                            Therefore: Ruger GP 100 .357 magnum with 3 inch barrel.

                            Why?

                            Because carbines are often available in that caliber.

                            More practical to have handgun and carbine in same caliber.

                            That is an accurate gun that will digest a double charge easily.

                            "The Religion of Peace": Islam: What the West Needs to Know.

                            America is Not a Democracy

                            ". . . all [historical] experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms
                            [of governmental abuses and usurpations] to which they are accustomed."
                            Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

                            NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Noble Cause
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 2633

                              Originally posted by 1badman
                              Xd9
                              Glock 22
                              Sa 1911 mil spec

                              Which would you choose?
                              Springfield Xd9mm x19

                              I also like the XD9 features that allow you to check the guns
                              firing status in the dark.

                              Nothing wrong with any of the choices, just comes down to
                              personal preference.


                              Noble

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                drptpgt
                                Member
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 181

                                1911...triggers on these are way crisper than the others

                                Joey

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1