Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How sure are we... (Re: Registration)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    KON5T
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 725

    Originally posted by deebix
    Yes I understand that much and it sounds logical, however what I am asking is are we SURE if the DOJ will not be full-tyrant and ask the dealer to retroactively put the serial number in a modifed DROS form online, simply by demanding it for all orders within 10 days of Jan 1. I wouldn't put it past them.
    I hear ya, but we have not had any word of anything that makes me think this is likely! We do however live in kalifornistan, and anything can happen, but to this date, nothing has leaked out.
    it is not an easy thing to meet your maker (blade runner- 1982)

    Comment

    • #17
      afteractionreport
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 2867

      I knowu might b skeptical but turners said that i should buy bfore 1/1/14 to avoid reg....
      Kyle "Kenosha Kid" Rittenhouse did nothing wrong

      Comment

      • #18
        KON5T
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 725

        Originally posted by afteractionreport
        I knowu might b skeptical but turners said that i should buy bfore 1/1/14 to avoid reg....
        hmmmmmm yep that is the official start date of registration, jan 1, 2014. This thread (unless I am very mistaken), is about the registration that starts on that day
        it is not an easy thing to meet your maker (blade runner- 1982)

        Comment

        • #19
          mlevans66
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 9516

          Originally posted by p7m8jg
          They've been 'unofficially' keeping track of this for years and years, no doubt about it. Makes no difference in the end.

          Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
          ^ This! Until they stop doing the background checks they have and will always know who has guns. I'm pretty sure it keeps some gun takers awake at night knowing there are so many of us and we're multiplying.
          The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
          The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
          I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

          Comment

          • #20
            Librarian
            Admin and Poltergeist
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 44689

            Originally posted by deebix
            Yes I understand that much and it sounds logical, however what I am asking is are we SURE if the DOJ will not be full-tyrant and ask the dealer to retroactively put the serial number in a modifed DROS form online, simply by demanding it for all orders within 10 days of Jan 1. I wouldn't put it past them.
            Yes, we are sure.

            The new version of DROS software that goes into service Jan 1 will not allow that kind of change to an existing DROS record.

            I cannot wait for Jan 1 to get here ...
            ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

            Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

            Comment

            • #21
              deebix
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 737

              Thanks for the response Librarian, I will be able to sleep better now.

              Comment

              • #22
                johnthomas
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2009
                • 7001

                Look, the NSA has everything we have typed on a computer, anything we have watched, looked at or read on a computer. Every conservation we have had on a phone. It isn't a far reach to believe they already know what guns we have, what ammo we have bought. Days until 2014 doesn't really make a difference. They have what they want. When the day arrives to take them, we either comply or don't.
                Last edited by johnthomas; 12-28-2013, 11:50 PM.
                I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                Comment

                • #23
                  vintagearms
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 6841

                  ATF Firearms Tracing System FTS

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    therealnickb
                    King- Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 8957

                    Originally posted by deebix
                    Yes it matters, thanks for asking.
                    Why?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Gun_Smoke
                      Member
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 225

                      Originally posted by therealnickb
                      Why?
                      He thinks it's not really easy already for someone to find out he owns guns.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        CSACANNONEER
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 44094

                        Originally posted by deebix
                        Are you inbred or retarded? gtfo the thread.
                        He's no more retarded than anyone who had to ask if information that is not on a current form will be collected by the state. It's pretty simple, since they don't get said information until the new form is used, they can't use what they don't receive while the current form is in use.

                        Originally posted by Gun_Smoke
                        He thinks it's not really easy already for someone to find out he owns guns.
                        Yep, there is still a paper trail and even an inbred already knows this. I wonder why it's so important for the OP and why he didn't have the metal capacity to figure out that there's a paper trail one way or the other.
                        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                        California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                        Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                        Utah CCW Instructor


                        Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                        sigpic
                        CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                        KM6WLV

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Oliver_Charles
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 1196

                          Originally posted by deebix
                          Are you inbred or retarded? gtfo the thread.
                          Do you have to be one? Can you be both? Haven't you seen "Deliverance"?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            toby
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 10576

                            ............

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              erik_26
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 3907

                              Originally posted by Librarian
                              I cannot wait for Jan 1 to get here ...
                              This is so sad because I know your reasoning is because it will end the mass confusion and uncertainties as the new law will go into effect.
                              Signature required

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                wilit
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2005
                                • 5213

                                Originally posted by erik_26
                                This is so sad because I know your reasoning is because it will end the mass confusion and uncertainties as the new law will go into effect.
                                I think it has more to do with not being able to file any sort of legal challenges until the law takes effect.
                                "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
                                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
                                "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
                                "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1