Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Optics Planet, first and my last order.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    amd64
    Senior Member
    • May 2005
    • 1248

    Originally posted by supermanuf
    FedEx SmartPost is THE WORST. Since you have two shipping companies involved, neither wants to take responsibility for the lost package when it never arrives. Happened to me.
    +1. Packages disappear on the handoff and no one will bother to find them. Lost an aimpoint earlier this year to smartpost.

    Comment

    • #32
      DaleAGribble
      Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 262

      I ordered from them ONCE. Ordered a scope that was in stock for my wife's birthday. I payed extra to have 2 day shipping so I would have it a couple days before her birthday. Scope arrived the day after her birthday. (Thanks optics planet) <sarcastic

      Comment

      • #33
        OpticsPlanet
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Apr 2009
        • 2129

        As most of you guys know, I'm here to help with anything. Questions or concerns, reviews or opinions. Feel free to always shoot me an PM if you need ANYTHING. I try to get on here daily...also, because I'm a shooter and hunter too...so this IS my life as well as career.

        Whats upsetting is that a few members in this very thread who Ive helped quite a bit and they have said their genuine thank you's to me in PM's have turned face...I guess thats the nature of the beast.

        Like I said guys. Im a hunter, Im a shooter, and I'm here for you guys with anything you need. Always let me know when I can be of service.

        Trevor B.
        CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

        OpticsPlanet
        http://www.opticsplanet.com
        Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
        Send us a private message if we can be of help!

        Comment

        • #34
          janus408
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 859

          Originally posted by OpticsPlanet
          Whats upsetting is that a few members in this very thread who Ive helped quite a bit and they have said their genuine thank you's to me in PM's have turned face...I guess thats the nature of the beast.


          Trevor B.
          Yeah I am sorry to hear that Trevor, but like I said in my post, the Customer Service was good with OP, as you are again demonstrating in this thread. I got an email this morning stating "Your Order Confirmation" and listing my 3 missing items. So either they just shipped out another order and are giving me confirmation of it, or they are just now shipping it out 24 days after it was placed.

          Because of the lack of tracking number or shipping notification and just a 'well if you don't get that order' email, I am willing to bet this is the first shipment of said items. Especially since the order date listed is yesterday. But I could of course be wrong.

          I don't mean to tell you how to conduct your business, and like I said the customer service has been top notch, but the shipping seems to be what is lacking (as many other people have pointed out here). Perhaps you can run up the pipeline that there are many people having similar issues. As far as members here that have been helped now complaining, it is the original need for help that probably left them sour. Like I had said originally, I prefer the company who's customer service I don't know, because I have never needed it. So even though you probably made things right by them, the need to escalate their situation to contact you is the problem. So don't take it as a reflection on you, but perhaps your shipping and inventory guys.

          And again, I appreciate the customer service and response in this thread.

          ~Janus408

          EDIT: And I will update with receiving that order. Should it be a second shipment of the same 3 items, and should I get the original order, I will contact you for return info.

          Comment

          • #35
            OpticsPlanet
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Apr 2009
            • 2129

            Janus,

            Thank you. And these is the comments we like to hear. Constructive and helpful. What you have said has already worked up the ladder. I personally appreciate your patience and thank you again.

            Trevor B
            CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

            OpticsPlanet
            http://www.opticsplanet.com
            Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
            Send us a private message if we can be of help!

            Comment

            • #36
              DaleAGribble
              Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 262

              Trevor, for me it's upsetting to pay extra to get something shipped quickly to have the company not ship it for 4 or 5 days on an in stock item.

              Comment

              • #37
                Kourosius
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2013
                • 24

                Uh oh, I ordered something from OpticsPlanet on the 25th and got the shipment email today. Hopefully mine's okay. And yeah, hope everything works out with your stuff, bro

                Comment

                • #38
                  Malmon
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 1178

                  I never had any problems with my orders at opticsplanet.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    desrt2
                    Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 319

                    I frequently order from Optics Planet and have had all positive transactions.
                    Speedy shipping. Even though I think my FedEx delivery person ingests lead based paint and breathes Krylon.
                    I use UPS unless I have no choice. And the Post Office is the absolute worst.

                    On one occasion I had to return a budget level holo sight since it was DOA. I was a bit frustrated - not Optics Planet' fault - and asked that they have the replacement tested before being shipped. They did and it arrived functional and has not shown any signs of failing.

                    The turn around time was not too bad. I expected it would take 2 weeks but I think it was actually less.

                    I had another item where the product itself sucked. I returned it and had a full refund with no problems and I think my card was credited pretty much when they received the return. Like a week. Reasonable.

                    I've asked technicians info on certain optics and they were very knowledgeable and gave me honest answers.

                    Whether you buy something from Amazon, Brownell's, Midway or any other online retailer, know their history on product availability and if you are not sure, call before placing an order. Especially on large ticket items and high demand items.

                    It's nice to make purchases without human interaction but remember that not too long ago we were ordering things over the phone while looking through a paper catalogue.
                    sigpic

                    "Let them hate so long as they fear."

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      janus408
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 859

                      Order arrived Tuesday, November 5th. Packaging slip says Order Date: 10-29-13 even though the order was on October 6th.

                      So it took ~7 days to arrive from when the order was finally boxed and shipped, which was 23 days after the order was placed, when all the items were listed as in stock.

                      I was told on multiple CS calls trying to find out about the 3 items that they were in the warehouse boxed up ready to go, or en route. I was never given a tracking number, instead I was emailed a few weeks in the insurance claim info for the package should it not arrive, which should have meant that it was infact shipped (when it wasn't) and I should have had a tracking number (but again, it was not actually shipped).

                      30 days for items that are in stock and the runaround I got from the customer service reps just makes it not worth ordering from OP again. The rep in this thread was great, but if he didn't have to put out fires created by the shipping department, OP would get more business from me.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Panchira!
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1142

                        I ordered a scope from amazon not realizing it was shipping from opticsplanet. I have got all my other items except the scope. No tracking number so I PMed the opticsplanet forum member and he sent me a tracking number. Says delivery of the 12th. Order placed on the 30th. Was not shipped till the 5th. Total bs for a in stock item 6 days to ship it sigh. I will never deal with them again.
                        I don't remember the time I was human that's why I don't understand anybody.
                        The sound of a cat puking is the most effective alarm clock.
                        There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          TheWoodCrafter
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 1023

                          I have ordered from them and got it in a timely manor.

                          And I was BOMBED with sales emails that DID STOP as soon as I opted out.

                          No complaints here.
                          "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

                          "A free society asks not why people want or need their freedom. It asks why government would restrict it."

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            JDay
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19393

                            I ordered some OPMOD knives from them last Saturday and I received them today. FedEx said they were supposed to be here tomorrow. In any case once your order ships it is out of their hands and on the carrier.

                            Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
                            Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                            The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              janus408
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 859

                              FedEx said they were supposed to be here tomorrow. In any case once your order ships it is out of their hands and on the carrier.
                              Many of their items are drop shipped. The 2/5 items I got quickly were both drop shipped from other distributors. The 3/5 I waited 23ish days to be packaged and shipped were in OPs warehouse.

                              I agree, when the order ships it is in the hand of the carrier. The delay from the order to the shipping was the issue.

                              And 6 days is not a bad wait. I would have taken that.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                teeemothy
                                Member
                                • Apr 2013
                                • 130

                                I ordered a Vortex optic from them stated in stock on 10/23 and it didn't ship for 7 days either, had called CS and they gave an awkward explanation about processing times.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1