Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I think I'm being scewed **New update post 58**

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    missiondude
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 1646

    Originally posted by Hiking CA
    And martinizing...
    Just what is Martinizing, and why does it take 24 hours?
    sigpicThe right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The original common sense gun law...

    Comment

    • #92
      dyson
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 4342

      Next time go to central valley guns in selma. Good folks and prices there.

      Comment

      • #93
        gogohopper
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 4733

        Originally posted by missiondude
        Just what is Martinizing, and why does it take 24 hours?
        It gets complicated
        Originally posted by Webologist
        I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.

        Comment

        • #94
          Spyguy
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2009
          • 7378

          Originally posted by curtru
          So if your a former intell officer wouldn't this crap be beneath you I mean come on dude why would you follow some guy on the internet just to harass them. Who cares if Travis post parts of his life
          I don't care that Travis enjoys living in a glass house. If he's happy being one of Calguns' two drama queens, more power to him.

          What I do care about is our society where people find it increasingly acceptable to take advantage of others, to the point of actually bragging about it. I won't go into details here, but there are a number of people who know how Travis screwed over a fellow Calgunner (and then blatantly lied about it). And now it appears he's screwing over the rest of us by using taxpayer monies so that he can fund his lavish lifestyle.

          The biggest problem with our society today (and the reason our country is headed to hell in a hand basket) is because of narcissistic and "entitled" people taking advantage of others. It is they who are empowering the government and transforming us from a nation of liberty into a nation of Marxist servitude. It's one thing to gratefully accept charity -- with humility and gratitude -- to put food on your family's table; it's quite another when you're reaching into other's pockets while bragging about buying multiple expensive firearms and breast augmentation for your girlfriend.

          (And for the record, I'm not just "following" and singling out Travis. I've criticized others here for similar detrimental attitudes and transgressions.)

          There was a time when NO ONE would accept such behavior from our neighbors; a time when everyone would shame such an individual. It was part of our community's peer-to-peer self-regulation (as opposed to top-down government regulation), and our society was much better and freer for it.

          So no, I do not feel it's beneath me to "call out" Travis or anyone else for this kind of crap. If more people were willing to stand up and speak out instead of silently accepting the Left's indoctrination about being "tolerant" and "who am I to judge" and other "politically correct" amoral BS, then our society wouldn't be on the brink of collapse. I have a child to think about.
          Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals

          Comment

          • #95
            Standard
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 3676

            Sounds like Travis has a girlfriend, not a wife. Why does her being on unemployment (if she even is, sounds like it might have been a joke) have to affect his purchasing decisions? They are two separate people, probably with two separate financial arrangements.
            Butt out.

            Comment

            • #96
              Zedrek
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 1812

              Originally posted by Mute
              I agree this is basically a BS fee, but if the sign was up when you made the purchase, did you not notice it? And if you did notice it, why didn't you ask about it then?
              How many stupid signs are posted in a gun store though? It's hard to take it all in when you are being distracted by all the purdy guns. A $35 fee for crap that they incur as a business is stupid. If they want to recoup their costs they should put it in the price of their stock. I bought a revolver from a friend of the owner there about two years ago and didn't notice the charge. I won't step foot in there again though.

              I second the opinion that Central Valley Guns in Selma is GTG. Good guys and reasonable prices.

              Oh, and maybe you should get a restraining order against Spyguy. Kinda creepy.
              sigpic10mm collector

              Comment

              • #97
                sfbay
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Sep 2011
                • 1646

                Originally posted by Spyguy
                I don't care that Travis enjoys living in a glass house. If he's happy being one of Calguns' two drama queens, more power to him.

                What I do care about is our society where people find it increasingly acceptable to take advantage of others, to the point of actually bragging about it. I won't go into details here, but there are a number of people who know how Travis screwed over a fellow Calgunner (and then blatantly lied about it). And now it appears he's screwing over the rest of us by using taxpayer monies so that he can fund his lavish lifestyle.

                The biggest problem with our society today (and the reason our country is headed to hell in a hand basket) is because of narcissistic and "entitled" people taking advantage of others. It is they who are empowering the government and transforming us from a nation of liberty into a nation of Marxist servitude. It's one thing to gratefully accept charity -- with humility and gratitude -- to put food on your family's table; it's quite another when you're reaching into other's pockets while bragging about buying multiple expensive firearms and breast augmentation for your girlfriend.

                (And for the record, I'm not just "following" and singling out Travis. I've criticized others here for similar detrimental attitudes and transgressions.)

                There was a time when NO ONE would accept such behavior from our neighbors; a time when everyone would shame such an individual. It was part of our community's peer-to-peer self-regulation (as opposed to top-down government regulation), and our society was much better and freer for it.

                So no, I do not feel it's beneath me to "call out" Travis or anyone else for this kind of crap. If more people were willing to stand up and speak out instead of silently accepting the Left's indoctrination about being "tolerant" and "who am I to judge" and other "politically correct" amoral BS, then our society wouldn't be on the brink of collapse. I have a child to think about.



                how could i have missed your previous postings?


                i kinda like your thinking...
                You get what you get and you don't get upset !

                Comment

                • #98
                  Travis590A1
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 5233

                  Originally posted by Spyguy
                  I don't care that Travis enjoys living in a glass house. If he's happy being one of Calguns' two drama queens, more power to him.

                  What I do care about is our society where people find it increasingly acceptable to take advantage of others, to the point of actually bragging about it. I won't go into details here, but there are a number of people who know how Travis screwed over a fellow Calgunner (and then blatantly lied about it). And now it appears he's screwing over the rest of us by using taxpayer monies so that he can fund his lavish lifestyle.

                  The biggest problem with our society today (and the reason our country is headed to hell in a hand basket) is because of narcissistic and "entitled" people taking advantage of others. It is they who are empowering the government and transforming us from a nation of liberty into a nation of Marxist servitude. It's one thing to gratefully accept charity -- with humility and gratitude -- to put food on your family's table; it's quite another when you're reaching into other's pockets while bragging about buying multiple expensive firearms and breast augmentation for your girlfriend.

                  (And for the record, I'm not just "following" and singling out Travis. I've criticized others here for similar detrimental attitudes and transgressions.)

                  There was a time when NO ONE would accept such behavior from our neighbors; a time when everyone would shame such an individual. It was part of our community's peer-to-peer self-regulation (as opposed to top-down government regulation), and our society was much better and freer for it.

                  So no, I do not feel it's beneath me to "call out" Travis or anyone else for this kind of crap. If more people were willing to stand up and speak out instead of silently accepting the Left's indoctrination about being "tolerant" and "who am I to judge" and other "politically correct" amoral BS, then our society wouldn't be on the brink of collapse. I have a child to think about.
                  So which calgunner did I screw over? Id like to know. Its news to me. I've only had dealings with 2 calgunners on here and they both were good guys. I think you are refering to 'highender'. He did me a favor and asked nothing in return other than my graditude, how did I screw anyone over, id genuinely like to know. Also, lavish lifestyle? Lol my 3 bedroom apartment is lavish? Haha ok. I work 55 hours, 6 days a week. I bust my *** to get what I have, which sadly isn't much. My gf is NOT unemployed, she actually works for the local school district and makes way more than I do. I'm not sure what your bagging on me about but whatever you are hearing is one side of the story. You think a man of your 'military' history wouldn't be so rash.

                  Sent from FighterPilot's basement
                  Last edited by Travis590A1; 10-12-2013, 3:37 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    colossians323
                    Crusader for the truth!
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 21637

                    Originally posted by Spyguy
                    I don't care that Travis enjoys living in a glass house. If he's happy being one of Calguns' two drama queens, more power to him.
                    Who is the other one?
                    LIVE FREE OR DIE!

                    M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

                    Originally posted by M. Sage
                    I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

                    Comment

                    • teetsjones
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 1374

                      Originally posted by colossians323
                      Who is the other one?
                      I believe he is referring to the Banned Chrisf.

                      Comment

                      • Mute
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 8595

                        Originally posted by Zedrek
                        How many stupid signs are posted in a gun store though? It's hard to take it all in when you are being distracted by all the purdy guns. A $35 fee for crap that they incur as a business is stupid. If they want to recoup their costs they should put it in the price of their stock. I bought a revolver from a friend of the owner there about two years ago and didn't notice the charge. I won't step foot in there again though.

                        I second the opinion that Central Valley Guns in Selma is GTG. Good guys and reasonable prices.

                        Oh, and maybe you should get a restraining order against Spyguy. Kinda creepy.
                        I agree it's a stupid fee, but that sign appears to be posted right by the cash register. You need to take some responsibility for your own purchases and know the details of a transaction. You know, actually read your receipt.
                        NRA Benefactor Life Member
                        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                        American Marksman Training Group
                        Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                        Comment

                        • Zedrek
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 1812

                          Originally posted by Mute
                          I agree it's a stupid fee, but that sign appears to be posted right by the cash register. You need to take some responsibility for your own purchases and know the details of a transaction. You know, actually read your receipt.
                          OK, but signs aren't necessarily that visible or readable. How many times have you or someone you've seen pull a "push" door or push a "pull" door? He might not of noticed the up-charge because he only paid $300 down and was paying the rest later. Maybe I'm too trusting but I usually don't scrutinize my receipt because reputable businesses don't charge BS fees.
                          sigpic10mm collector

                          Comment

                          • billmaykafer
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2012
                            • 1264

                            layaway fee for not having money when you buy something???
                            MOLON LABE

                            Comment

                            • biglou
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2007
                              • 1317

                              What a ripoff. Go to Fred's Firearms in Oakdale.

                              Comment

                              • blazeaglory
                                Calguns Addict
                                • May 2011
                                • 6370

                                opcorn smiley:
                                A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

                                Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1