Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buying guns based on how they look

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Moonclip
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 4390

    I generally wont but I do have a thing for very short but still legal length single and double barreled shotguns.
    .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
    7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
    9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
    .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
    .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
    20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

    Comment

    • #17
      savs2k
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 1807

      I say get what you want as long as it shoots when you pull the trigger. I buy cars because they look nice and I do it with my guns too. If I had money I would dip my 1911 in gold and not care about anyones .2cents. I don't want a ugly girl, and ugly car, and an ugly gun. If someone says you gun's ugly tell them to make it look nice then a can of matt black duracoat is considered CLEAN in my book not NICE

      Comment

      • #18
        Moonclip
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • 4390

        I buy mainly on price and performance. I did buy a fake pearl gripped, factory chromed plated Star BM last year though. I do like singele stack 9x19 pistols though and the gun was less than $140.
        .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
        7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
        9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
        .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
        .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
        20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

        Comment

        • #19
          ivanimal
          Janitors assistant
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2002
          • 14365

          Yeah but cool and good looking are relative to the buyer.

          "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
          Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
          NRA lifetime member

          Comment

          • #20

            Ok...

            Originally posted by ivanimal
            Yeah but cool and good looking are relative to the buyer.

            So if it's relative to the buyer then ugly people should own ugly guns and good looking people should own good looking guns. An ugly person that owns a good looking gun can still look cool, right?

            Works for me!

            Comment

            • #21
              ivanimal
              Janitors assistant
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Sep 2002
              • 14365

              Originally posted by myglock
              So if it's relative to the buyer then ugly people should own ugly guns and good looking people should own good looking guns. An ugly person that owns a good looking gun can still look cool, right?

              Works for me!
              For some of us its the only cool we will ever have.
              "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
              Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
              NRA lifetime member

              Comment

              • #22
                Saigon1965
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Nov 2003
                • 17278

                Originally posted by ivanimal
                For some of us its the only cool we will ever have.

                Speak for yourself.

                Comment

                • #23
                  leelaw
                  Junior Member
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 10445

                  Of course I buy guns based on how they look, but that's not the only factor.

                  Mmmmm.. 1911..... <drool>

                  Comment

                  • #24

                    Cool...

                    Originally posted by ivanimal
                    For some of us its the only cool we will ever have.
                    Is in the eye of the gun holder. For all I know you could b downright f-ugly...I still think you're cool!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      zman
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 3639

                      Dang....another GUILTY one here

                      I have a $250 Turner's gift certificate burning in my pocket. The Walther P22 is really calling my name out loud but I have read a lot of mixed reviews. It seems like the bugs have been ironed out now, but still.....

                      What to do, what to do

                      Super Robot VOLTES V

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Olav
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 963

                        I love using bold in all my posts.

                        Get the Plinkr iOS App
                        Find any Gun Store/FFL
                        Find any Range in the USA.
                        Find firearms training too!
                        Curated Industry News
                        Gun Store Gunbroker, Armslist, gun.deals, Weapon Depot
                        Social Media Aggregator

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          battleship
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 4969

                          Then this census supports my theory that all these FFL are full of it. Not to knock Glocks even though there just a tad bit bland, thats what makes them distinct amonsgt the crowed.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            run8
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 875

                            Were all guilty of buying something based on the looks of it, though I try not to make that mistake a lot, always has to function well, get good feedback, etc.


                            F
                            "Freedom is only protected by those who prepare to die"

                            Comment

                            • #29

                              As long as it's reputable, I will go for looks. I'm a girl, what can I say? It's usually the "awww, cute!" factor that guides me... that and large calibers. I have a thing for .45s and .308s.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                shonc99
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 552

                                What truly matters most is what the 'item' means to you. If you buy it based on looks, then as long as you're happy with how it looks, everythings good. If you buy it based on performance, then it better perform. If it can do both, all the better. As long as you are happy with it based on your criteria.
                                Originally posted by randy
                                I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.
                                Originally posted by Walter Sobchak
                                "Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fn'g ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh[t DON"T FN'G ROLL!!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1