Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Safety at gun stores/shops

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Divernhunter
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2010
    • 8753

    ^ You forgot "Check every firearm handed to you to see if it is loaded". Even if the person handing it to you just checked it. Then it becomes habit. More than once I have been handed a firearm that turned out to be loaded without being told before hand it was loaded.
    Once at a party(drinking type) a friend of a friend wanted me to see his rifle that he was proud of since he knew I was into firearms. Went and got it. Walked thru a house full of drunks and handed it to me. First thing I did was open the bolt and check it. It had a round in the chamber and the safety was off. I unloaded the rifle , handed it back to him and told him nice rifle go put it away. Then gathered up my wife and we left. Rude .....maybe. Safe.... yes. Alive.....yes and thank God no one else grabbed the rifle and did something stupid with it.
    A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
    NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
    SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

    Comment

    • #32
      MaHoTex
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2010
      • 5002

      Originally posted by Merc1138
      Another person who doesn't understand what MYOB means

      Even if the gun is not being waved around in your direction in the shop, some idiots ND hitting someone will ruin your day(and shopping). Then of course there's the more important fact that it is an easily correctable situation with potentially lethal consequences in the event the idiot does manage to have an ND.
      Seriously? Why are you being like that? The MYOB was meant as a joke really... For the clueless, so was the first entry in my post about hitting the deck. Forgot the smiley I guess.
      Last edited by MaHoTex; 08-15-2013, 12:52 PM.
      NRA Life Member

      sigpic

      Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

      "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

      Comment

      • #33
        MaHoTex
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2010
        • 5002

        Originally posted by AaronT
        MYOB
        ^^ HaHaHa Thanks for the support Aaron.
        NRA Life Member

        sigpic

        Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

        "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

        Comment

        • #34
          Yugo
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2011
          • 8400

          I would have yelled out loud, "TAKE COVER!!!" and got on the floor (after making sure he watched me do it). For a person to remember something that they have trouble with requires a DRAMATIC experience, even though you might be laughed at; THAT GUY WILL NEVER FORGET THAT HE CAUSED YOUR REACTION.


          OK I probably would not have done that. But you get the point, people like us that know about sweeping and trigger etc. should always watch for and educate people that don't.
          sigpic

          Originally posted by WAMO556
          Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

          Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

          Umm yeah!!!!!

          Comment

          • #35
            RudyN
            Senior Member
            • May 2007
            • 2288

            I would have told to customer and made sure the the shop employee heard me. By the way I was looking at the Bass Pro TV ad yeasterday and in the section at the gun counter one guy was sweeping either a rifle or a shotgun at the person standing close to him-ouch!
            Rudy N
            NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
            CRPA MEMBER

            Comment

            • #36
              gwanghoops
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 1452

              There's always dumba**es out checking out guns. The store guys are all used to the idiots, so they don't want to hear it. Grab the gun to make sure it's not in your direction. You're not going to teach them anything.

              Comment

              • #37
                jerhyn
                CGSSA Associate
                • Apr 2013
                • 711

                Originally posted by Divernhunter
                ^ You forgot "Check every firearm handed to you to see if it is loaded". Even if the person handing it to you just checked it. Then it becomes habit. More than once I have been handed a firearm that turned out to be loaded without being told before hand it was loaded.
                Once at a party(drinking type) a friend of a friend wanted me to see his rifle that he was proud of since he knew I was into firearms. Went and got it. Walked thru a house full of drunks and handed it to me. First thing I did was open the bolt and check it. It had a round in the chamber and the safety was off. I unloaded the rifle , handed it back to him and told him nice rifle go put it away. Then gathered up my wife and we left. Rude .....maybe. Safe.... yes. Alive.....yes and thank God no one else grabbed the rifle and did something stupid with it.
                Well I didn't go through the whole speel I told her in my post just the immediately relevant, but "to assume that it's loaded and treat it as if it was loaded even when you know its not" was the 1st.
                Donate to CalGuns Shoot Sports Association Today!

                Comment

                • #38
                  terdog
                  Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 282

                  Personally, I would go have a chat with the manager.
                  That "employee" has the responsibility to do things right. He should be looking for another job.

                  How much fodder do we have to give the anti-gun crowd?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    DPmax
                    Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 330

                    I asked where the safe wall was at a Turners once and the sales guy said I could point the handgun at him... I just stood there dumbfounded, couldn't do it, ended up putting it back on the counter and lost all interest in shopping that day.
                    Never follow the advice of Calguns Addicts,
                    They clearly don't know what they are talking about.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      negolien
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 4829

                      I follow the below

                      "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                      George Orwell

                      http://www.AnySoldier.com

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        pastureofmuppets
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 1805

                        If people that tout Mind Your Own Business just Minded Their Own Business they wouldn't post Mind Your Own Business on a thread because they would be minding their own business; but telling people to mind their own business is a perfectly valid response however it contradicts the idea of minding your own OH MY GOD MY HEAD HURTS AND WHY IS THERE BLOOD COMING OUT OF MY NOSE?
                        Last edited by pastureofmuppets; 08-15-2013, 10:19 PM.
                        Host of the FAST OC podcast.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Thunder
                          Senior Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 563

                          I was checking out a shotgun and I had it pointed towards a corner and down. But the clerk kept walking in front of me. He did it 2-3 times and each time I came off the gun and pointed it up and away. At one point he said "na man, don't worry about it". I don't get why he kept doing it, I guess clerks do get immune to it.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            BigL
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 678

                            Being from south Sacramento whenever I walk into River City gun Exchange theres always and idiot like this. The clerks usually always take the gun away from the person or advise them not to sweep/dry fire etc.
                            Originally posted by becciboo
                            Why make it clear when there is an agency that can make up and enforce their own laws? Its one of those things where you need to make the personal decision as to whether you want to be right or free. Is it worth it to you?

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              retiredAFcop
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 2108

                              Perhaps gun shops should place an obvious target in a ceiling corner (i.e. away from other people) for customers to point firearms at.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                jazman
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2008
                                • 2140

                                Originally posted by pastureofmuppets
                                If he didn't fix the situation really fast... they maybe nice but they are not safe minded.

                                There is no excuse for him not checking the guy straight away. There is no immune.

                                As others have said, it's our duty to call it if we see it not being dealt with. Gotta look after each other.

                                Personally, I would go have a chat with the manager.
                                I have a hard time taking what you say seriously with the avatar you post.
                                Originally posted by Kestryll
                                You're boned.
                                _________________________________

                                If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1