Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buying from LEO?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    tonyxcom
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2011
    • 6397

    I scored a near new G23 with factory night sights and 3 rebuild kits for $350 from a LEO.

    Comment

    • #17
      SNCaliber
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 3222

      no worries from buying from LEO, I have before and it went smoothly with no problems
      -Sang

      Comment

      • #18
        mike452
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1510

        Originally posted by tonyxcom
        I scored a near new G23 with factory night sights and 3 rebuild kits for $350 from a LEO.
        Nice! Maybe just my luck! There's a range of condition that I will accept, but just end up on the good side.
        Last edited by mike452; 07-11-2013, 1:03 PM.
        ======

        Comment

        • #19
          SVT-40
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2008
          • 12907

          Originally posted by JDay
          I take it you detail strip used firearms before purchasing them? Just because they look good doesn't mean the internals aren't rusted.

          Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
          Of course not....No need Because it's really easy to see any apparent "rusting" by a good look over.....

          Slide off and barrel out....

          lookie all around...

          Pretty common sense stuff..

          I've bought literally hundreds of guns from both LEO's and non LEO's... No difference in apparent "quality"....
          Last edited by SVT-40; 07-12-2013, 9:53 PM.
          Poke'm with a stick!


          Originally posted by fiddletown
          What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

          Comment

          • #20
            stormvet
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2010
            • 12681

            Never buy a gun from LEO, because you know there is a 90% chance that gun was used to murder someone's defenseless pet.
            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

            Comment

            • #21
              Baboosh
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2008
              • 6769

              Not sure if it's late or what but the fact you won't purchase guns photographed on concrete cracked me up lol.

              Some of you treat this hobby like art collectors. These are tools that go boom, if they don't have a scratch then you don't shoot them enough.
              Just a normal guy

              Comment

              • #22
                Merc1138
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19742

                Originally posted by SVT-40
                Of course not....No need Because it's really to see any apparent "rusting" by a good look over.....

                Slide off and barrel out....

                lookie all around...

                Pretty common sense stuff..

                I've bought literally hundreds of guns from both LEO's and non LEO's... No difference in apparent "quality"....
                There are guns where you can't get a look at all of the internals just by taking off the slide and barrel(lots of revolvers, and 1911's come to mind). But yes, you can get a pretty good idea most of the time with a basic field strip.

                Comment

                • #23
                  HOESAYE559
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 90

                  Where's the OP to back up his retarded thread? Do people not fully thing what they are talking about when posting a thread?

                  Like buying a race car off a race car driver..no shiit it's gonna be used

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Vectrexer
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 2473

                    All of my LEO transactions have been the best. Well described and great follow through.

                    Don't worry about LEO status. Instead pay more attention to the care given. Just the same as from any other seller.


                    Originally posted by FatOnCoke
                    What is your overall feel about buying firearms from LEO?

                    I purchased 2 pistols from LEO in the past 4 years. A M&P 45 and a HK USP 45. Both I sold later!

                    I learned to ask for more questions on condition and more photos because it's always been poorer condition than what I expect.
                    If the same ad was from any other (non LEO), the condition is usually better than what I expect.


                    I don't arrange meetings just to see the guns. I don't buy from people that photograph their guns on concrete.
                    - Vectrexer
                    ▶▶ Click Here - My HANDGUNS For Sale ◀◀
                    ▶▶ Click Here - My LONG GUNS For Sale ◀◀
                    ▶▶ Click Here - My MAGAZINES , Parts, & Accessories Sales ◀◀
                    ▶▶ Click Here - My AMMO For Sale ◀◀
                    ▶▶ Click Here - My Non-Firearms Sales ◀◀

                    ▶▶ Send Me A Private Message (PM) ◀◀
                    ▶▶ Vectrexer's Calguns.net iTrader Feedback ◀◀

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      FatOnCoke
                      Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 379

                      Calm down! I'm here!
                      I have my experience and want to know if others have the same. Not a big deal! I only purchased 2 items not the hundreds others have. Not committing a crime here. Don't get offended. I don't think it was you I got the guns from.

                      I understand the risk of buying used, just how people describe the conditions are different maybe because of the line of work or maybe is just my luck and isolated! I'm not accusing anyone of lying.

                      I approach a transaction I will accept conditions from 7 to 8.5 and the two transactions were at 7. I did buy the guns.

                      When I say excellent condition it certainly would not be after 10,000 rounds or wearing in a holster for the past 3 years.
                      I wouldn't describe LEO as race car drivers to their guns. I have seen news where hundreds of rounds all missed their targets.

                      Close the thread.. don't want to get everyone excited..


                      Originally posted by HOESAYE559
                      Where's the OP to back up his retarded thread? Do people not fully thing what they are talking about when posting a thread?

                      Like buying a race car off a race car driver..no shiit it's gonna be used

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        stormvet
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 12681

                        Why not LEO and race car drivers. So LEO miss sometimes. It's not like race car drivers win every race, most times they crash or get lapped. So comparing race car drivers and LEO is GTG.
                        Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          SB1964
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 4876

                          Fat on coke says "calm down" good one...
                          some ting wong
                          Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            stormvet
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 12681

                            We To Low
                            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              jdben92883
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 3635

                              How is buying from a LEO any different from buying from some random Joe?
                              NRA Benefactor Member

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                the donald
                                Member
                                • Sep 2011
                                • 381

                                Originally posted by jdben92883
                                How is buying from a LEO any different from buying from some random Joe?
                                i could see maybe not wanting to buy their duty weapon due to all the elements it faces. but it is nothing a good inspection won't take care of anyways.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1