Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buying from LEO?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FatOnCoke
    Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 379

    Buying from LEO?

    What is your overall feel about buying firearms from LEO?

    I purchased 2 pistols from LEO in the past 4 years. A M&P 45 and a HK USP 45. Both I sold later!

    I learned to ask for more questions on condition and more photos because it's always been poorer condition than what I expect.
    If the same ad was from any other (non LEO), the condition is usually better than what I expect.


    I don't arrange meetings just to see the guns. I don't buy from people that photograph their guns on concrete.
  • #2
    Tripper
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2011
    • 7628

    well, if they was selling guns, theres gotta be something wrong with them.
    i mean, who in their right mind would sell their gun..
    WTB NAA Belt Buckle
    MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

    Comment

    • #3
      SVT-40
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2008
      • 12907

      Originally posted by FatOnCoke
      What is your overall feel about buying firearms from LEO?
      As if somehow the job they do has any relation to firearms, and their condition.......

      Originally posted by FatOnCoke
      I purchased 2 pistols from LEO in the past 4 years. A M&P 45 and a HK USP 45. Both I sold later!
      Well I guess the pistols were in good enough condition for you to buy them.....

      Originally posted by FatOnCoke
      I learned to ask for more questions on condition and more photos because it's always been poorer condition than what I expect.
      If the same ad was from any other (non LEO), the condition is usually better than what I expect.
      So you saw the condition of the pistols and still bought them.....

      So just because the "AD" was from a LEO somehow you correlate that into them being in "poorer" condition, even though you saw the pic's and then bought the pistols.....

      Originally posted by FatOnCoke
      I don't arrange meetings just to see the guns. I don't buy from people that photograph their guns on concrete.
      Maybe you should get off the "coke" and get into reality.....

      the statement about not buying guns which were photographed while on concrete is, well very odd....

      Who cares about what "you" buy or not.....
      Poke'm with a stick!


      Originally posted by fiddletown
      What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

      Comment

      • #4
        Malthusian
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 4133

        my "LEO" purchased firearm is my favorite

        It's nice to have a little beater to take to class and roll around in the dirt and not worry about a marring up the finish on a new gun

        Also came with 4 holsters, 9 magazines, 5 sets of grips and several internal upgrades all included for normal selling price

        Never had a FTF or FTE in over 5000 rounds

        Would do it again
        "While it may come as a surprise to the authors of the legislation, most semi-automatic pistols do in fact come with a pistol grip"
        Malthusianism is the idea that population growth is potentially exponential while the growth of the food supply is arithmetical at best.

        Comment

        • #5
          E Michael
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 2513

          What does astrology have to do with guns?

          Comment

          • #6
            FatOnCoke
            Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 379

            I guess everyone love it...

            Comment

            • #7
              Zedrek
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 1812

              I always find these questions funny. You don't know the history of a used gun. It doesn't matter who the previous owner is. Lets say I sell you a gun that I bought from an LEO, how would you know? Just inspect it like you would any other purchase.
              sigpic10mm collector

              Comment

              • #8
                hermosabeach
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19836

                Another bashing thread?????

                Why are you buying firearms and then they are not as described?
                Pictures?
                Inspections?
                Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                Comment

                • #9
                  IrishJoe3
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 3804

                  Uh. Is there a point to this thread?
                  Urban legends are a poor basis for making public policy.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    S.A.
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2114

                    Bought a Ruger 10/22 magnum rifle from a leo here awhile back. He also threw in a few extra mags and a soft rifle sock in the deal. All good!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Merc1138
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 19742

                      LOL. So now LEO are showing fake pics but the OP buys them anyway? Hahaha.

                      Go home OP, you're drunk.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        2nd Mass
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 3212

                        If they're off roster, heck yes!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jyo
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 5320

                          In the past, I've done a few PPTs from LEOs---nothing different from any other deals other than a couple of off-roster pistols...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            JDay
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19393

                            Originally posted by SVT-40
                            As if somehow the job they do has any relation to firearms, and their condition.......



                            Well I guess the pistols were in good enough condition for you to buy them.....



                            So you saw the condition of the pistols and still bought them.....

                            So just because the "AD" was from a LEO somehow you correlate that into them being in "poorer" condition, even though you saw the pic's and then bought the pistols.....



                            Maybe you should get off the "coke" and get into reality.....

                            the statement about not buying guns which were photographed while on concrete is, well very odd....

                            Who cares about what "you" buy or not.....
                            I take it you detail strip used firearms before purchasing them? Just because they look good doesn't mean the internals aren't rusted.

                            Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                            Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                            The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mike452
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 1510

                              I have seem "excellent" in posts that looked nothing but.

                              Avoid "shooter" and "truck gun" in ads.

                              Ads with holsters usually have holster wear! People say they "wish" are wasting your time.
                              GTG doesn't mean crap. Double or triple the round count seller claims!
                              Self stipplings are total mutilations.
                              "Free bump" are annoying groupie/butt kissers!
                              "Firm price" are posted by the socially challenged.


                              Common sense man!
                              Last edited by mike452; 07-11-2013, 8:29 AM.
                              ======

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1