You don't really need to manually cycle the action of a lever gun. It is super easy to convert one to FA. I recall seeing a patent for this dated in the late 1800's. IIRC, it was published 20 something years ago in an issue of American Rifleman. Of course, you mighht not want to actually do this unless you are licensed to.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Life without semi-automatic firearms
Collapse
X
-
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
Utah CCW Instructor
Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
sigpic CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
KM6WLV -
That's funny, a similar thing happened to a lot of gun owners in Australia a few years back.Well the proper response that I should have given was that I do not own any such firearms that are Semiautomatic. They were stolen just before the ban came down.. Uh hu....
The bottom line is that if this thing became Federal Law we would be SOL. Will it happened? I really, really Really don't think so.
Comment
-
Life would be like most other countries with similar bans. The criminals and the cops will have the semi autos and the full auto weapons. The black market would remain strong and gun owners would be forced to decide if they surrender their guns or resist the ban. I've already made my choice."Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense." Ron Paul
"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson
Originally posted by forumguyThe same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.Originally posted by bwieseSometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.Comment
-
I think they will do it for sure, becasue its a never ending war on guns. Look how far we have come in 2 years, look back 5 years. Are we better off? It would take a pro guns president to change things. Or we would have to make sure we only vote for pro guns candidates for all levels of office (which I already do) Im voting Ron Paul
He might let me have a tank!
Every generation needs a new revolution.
-Thomas Jefferson-
_________________________________
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower-
_________________________________
sigpicComment
-
I for one hope so. I for one tire of the many in government doing whatever they like with us with zero consequence to themselves. We have the right of revolution in this country but it has been so far removed from sight and memory that it does not serve effectively enough as a check on the power of the central government for which purpose it was created. Thus its necessity grows yet its edge more and more dulled and it rusts into place in its scabbard. Every founding father mentioned it, and we ourselves often talk of it. Is all of that merely idle meaningless chatter? Are we all spineless cowards who for all our posturing and rhetoric lack the will to do anything but curl up and bawl like kittens when confronted with defending our freedom, and lick the feet of our self appointed masters like dogs, only enjoying as much as a growl to the contrary when we are satisfied that they aren't looking?"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws. That's insane!" -- Penn Jillette
Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.Originally posted by indiandaveIn Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.Comment
-
We need a shot heard around the world, but there is so much dissent within our own ranks that every possible catalyst is rationalized away. There is also the media to contend with, nothing is worth doing without them subdued or on our side. Any who act against the government will branded terrorists, anyone involved will have their lives run through with a fine toothed comb every hour on the hour. Just as in the original anything but victory will result in the most dishonorable of deaths, too many just aren't willing to take that risk, or make that sacrifice. Why would anyone want to give up their $50k per year, their condo, their shiny car for a life of hardship?
This is how I look at it: No one knows what the meaning of life is, but what I am certain of is that supporting various governments from birth to death aint it, there is no free spot on Earth left, there is no opting out, you are someones subject nothing else, that is not how the world is meant to be, that is not the life I want for my children.
"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, so that my children may live in peace." Thomas Paine
I for one hope so. I for one tire of the many in government doing whatever they like with us with zero consequence to themselves. We have the right of revolution in this country but it has been so far removed from sight and memory that it does not serve effectively enough as a check on the power of the central government for which purpose it was created. Thus its necessity grows yet its edge more and more dulled and it rusts into place in its scabbard. Every founding father mentioned it, and we ourselves often talk of it. Is all of that merely idle meaningless chatter? Are we all spineless cowards who for all our posturing and rhetoric lack the will to do anything but curl up and bawl like kittens when confronted with defending our freedom, and lick the feet of our self appointed masters like dogs, only enjoying as much as a growl to the contrary when we are satisfied that they aren't looking?"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -AristotleComment
-
Trust me there is an solution to every problem. Even this one but i did not say it would be a pretty solution.We need a shot heard around the world, but there is so much dissent within our own ranks that every possible catalyst is rationalized away. There is also the media to contend with, nothing is worth doing without them subdued or on our side. Any who act against the government will branded terrorists, anyone involved will have their lives run through with a fine toothed comb every hour on the hour. Just as in the original anything but victory will result in the most dishonorable of deaths, too many just aren't willing to take that risk, or make that sacrifice. Why would anyone want to give up their $50k per year, their condo, their shiny car for a life of hardship?
This is how I look at it: No one knows what the meaning of life is, but what I am certain of is that supporting various governments from birth to death aint it, there is no free spot on Earth left, there is no opting out, you are someones subject nothing else, that is not how the world is meant to be, that is not the life I want for my children.
"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, so that my children may live in peace." Thomas PaineComment
-
+1 to that. Most of the rifles on my wish list are semi.I would save a lot of money, that is for sure.....Replying to craigslist for casual encounters is like pokemon with STDs. Gotta catch em all.If Hell ever needed a operations manual all it would need is a copy of California's lawsComment
-
If they were banned I'd have to completely start over from scratch. I currently have only one revolver and I bought that about 2 weeks ago to add 'revolver' to my CHL. I have one shotgun that's a pump; one lever action and two single-shot rifles. Everything else is semi-auto. I guess I'd have to gift most of them to my kids between the time the bill passed and it took effect so they'd not have to be destroyed on my death if they were 'grandfathered' and not confiscated. Horrid thought--the stuff of nightmares!
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
--River TamComment
-
It would suck for sure, but you still have revolvers, which in times of complete meltdown would be more reliable without access to cleaning supplies and spare parts.
Although I would have to go out and buy some revolvers.Comment
-
Yes. That's obvious if you look at the last 80 years of gun-control history. I've seen many people repeat Heston's "cold, dead hands" line, but I haven't seen any actual resistance. (Not that I would advocate that since it would be illegal, and foolish anyway as the government would simply label any resistance as terrorism...)Are we all spineless cowards who for all our posturing and rhetoric lack the will to do anything but curl up and bawl like kittens when confronted with defending our freedom, and lick the feet of our self appointed masters like dogs, only enjoying as much as a growl to the contrary when we are satisfied that they aren't looking?
Yes, I'm a spineless coward too... just like everyone else. I've contacted representatives only to be fed lies in response. Yes, I'm getting cynical, and I'm not even that old...Last edited by nobody_special; 05-31-2008, 9:10 PM.Originally posted by Edmund G. BrownThere are certain rights that are not to be subject to popular votes, otherwise they are not fundamental rights. If every fundamental liberty can be stripped away by a majority vote, then it's not a fundamental liberty.Originally posted by jeffyhogWhen the governor vetoes a bill that would make it a felony to steal a gun, but signs a bill into law that makes it a felony not to register a gun you already legally own, you know something isn't right.Comment
-
I'm about to get hired by the gov makin close to 50k and will buy a home within a year and already have my shiny bimmer. I already lived 15 months of hardship in Iraq and a few years on a farm before I came to america.
I'm too scared so I'll do the legal thing and turn in any semi in my possessions.Comment
-
I think there has been some small resistance such as Waco situation, the black panther overtaking the CA state capital and some other ones but not enough to make a real impact. Why would defending your property and your rights be stupid(since in the eyes of the government, defending your rights would be considered terriorism like the American Revolution)? I am not saying pick up a gun and take on our own military is the only opinion, there are other ways of resistanting such a ban. But the second amendment exists for the purpose of defending against enemies foriegn, domestic and to maintain a free state. If such a semi auto ban or total gun ban were to go into effect one must decide if they will live in a facist police state or protect their rights by any means necessery.Yes. That's obvious if you look at the last 80 years of gun-control history. I've seen many people repeat Heston's "cold, dead hands" line, but I haven't seen any actual resistance. (Not that I would advocate that since it would be illegal, and foolish anyway as the government would simply label any resistance as terrorism...)"Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense." Ron Paul
"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson
Originally posted by forumguyThe same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.Originally posted by bwieseSometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.Comment
-
A ban on semiauto firearms (at the federal level) is where I draw my line in the sand.
When it happens at the state level, it will be the first shot heard round the world.
I would sell all my semis at inflated prices, and then go homesteading.Entreprise Arms - FFL 07 manufacturer of CA-Legal FAL type rifles in Baldwin Park, CA.
EAI IMBEL-FAL 7.62x51 NATO, CA Legal: $999 shipped www.entreprise.com
SIG, Beretta, Glock, XD, HK Tritium GS sights
"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,215
Posts: 25,145,596
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,513
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 35941 users online. 114 members and 35827 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment