Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shoot Lefty, but I'm a righty!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    penguin0123
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 3089

    I'm left eye dominant and ambidextrous (write with my right, mouse with my left). Try shooting your handgun with your left eye. I love this position as I rest my chin on my arms to get "chin weld" and treat it as if it were a long gun.

    Look on the bright side, you can shoot either left and right handed. This gives you an advantage in competition and in real life too.

    Comment

    • #17
      bslaney
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 158

      Originally posted by PlayHard
      Right handed and left eye dominant. I shoot my rifles lefty and handguns right.

      Depends on the rifle, but there's nothin' like some hot brass kissin' your cheek.
      This is pretty much me in a nutshell. I just found pistols much more comfortable to shoot right, but currently looking to build a left-handed AR. Speaking of, anyone know of a good brand to look for?
      sigpicNRA-Certified Pistol Instructor

      Comment

      • #18
        tdaughg
        Member
        • May 2009
        • 312

        semi auto handguns are one of the few places ive found it actually better to be left handed. shooting bolt action rifles off hand is really the only place i've found guns to be harder to operate when they are not made for a lefty.

        mag release, i don't have to change my grip to hit it with my thumb, i just pull the index finger back and i'm done.

        slide release, don't need it when you just rack the slide to send it home on a full mag.

        safeties, well i'll address that issue when i get a ccw otherwise i never have them on. revolvers, glocks, xd's, and some m&p's don't have external safeties so those would also make it a moot point.

        ive always found it odd how so many people that shoot left handed think they need all the controls flipped so they can use the gun properly. if i try to shoot right handed i actually feel like the controls are in my way.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1