Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

San Jose Gun Show

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    timmerk
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 46

    Anyone going to the show this weekend? I'll be there. Gotta support the gun shows and I have some father's day gifts to get.

    Comment

    • #17
      All Nav
      Member
      • May 2008
      • 125

      If that is the one at the Santa Clara fairgrounds, I'll pass. Last time I went, the only thing I saw worth buying were some magazine ads from the 40s and 50s for my nostalgia file. There is, however, one vendor who sells a pretty good range bag. Mine has held up nicely.
      Since we're all in the same boat, let's stay in the boat!

      Comment

      • #18
        maxicon
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4661

        I'm going. I go whenever I get the chance to support gun culture in San Jose. Sure, it's not as good as the Cow Palace, but if you're in the area, it's only $8 for a few hours entertainment.

        You can park a few blocks away and save the parking costs. Either way, I spend more than that on ammo the first 20 minutes at the range.
        sigpic
        NRA Life Member

        Comment

        • #19
          sirfonners
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 40

          how long is going to be there?

          Comment

          • #20
            diginit
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 3250

            Couldn't resist

            Originally posted by sirfonners
            how long is going to be there?
            Yes,and his brother how laime and his sister how to.

            Comment

            • #21
              timmerk
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 46

              I went this morning. Parked on 10th to save on parking. I picked up some stuff for father's day and easily saved the 7 dollar admission fee. It was in a different, larger building than the last one. It seemed like there were more vendors. From our sponsors, I noticed CWS and JJ armory.

              Comment

              • #22
                maxicon
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 4661

                I went - got some cold blue and aluminum blue for more P6 touch-up experiments, some .22 and .357 ammo, some old flyers and catalogs, and some Chinese throw-away tools.

                I also got to handle an FP-45 Liberator, the fabled $2 .45 dropped in Europe during WWII.


                Too bad the Ace Case booth never shows up any more - I had a few I needed to get, and the only other case booth has Double Triple, which I don't care much for.

                Spent some time talking to interesting people about all manner of things. A good trip, overall, and a great way to spend a few hours steeped in gun stuff.
                sigpic
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  doughboy334
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 2019

                  I went today to finish my AR build. I parked across the street near the car wash business (forgot what street that was). Immediately went to Cold War Shooters and talked with the reps there, then bought my Stag upper. Then did some more walking, and saw J and J Armory and talked there too. Ended up buying an Eotech sight! Probably stayed at least an hour, needed to get back to south city for Father Day (got my dad a nice flask).
                  sigpic

                  Originally posted by Jpach
                  Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    knucklehead 61
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 745

                    i picked up some 20 gage shells at $4.00 / 25 (cheaper than walmart!) and 30.06 for my new weatherby. also got some more .30 cal ammo cans, 4 for $24.
                    was looking for a cool stock for my bohica / ar build but no one had any that i saw.
                    Originally posted by pullnshoot25
                    What does T&A mean?
                    Originally posted by NSR500
                    Do you have any concerns of "Over Penetration"?
                    Originally posted by spyder
                    I like my women like I like my whiskey.

                    Twelve years old and mixed up with coke!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      windrunner50
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 718

                      The San Jose Show is not worth going to anymore after paying parking/admission. Mostly junk, and overpriced items,too bad.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        maxicon
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 4661

                        Depends on the circumstances, I guess.

                        You don't have to pay parking if you don't mind walking 2-3 blocks, and admission's only $7 with coupon, after all.

                        Cow Palace is bigger with better deals, but at 100 miles round trip and 22 mpg for me, that's an extra $20 in gas, plus the same admission, plus it's a lot harder to park outside if you don't know the area, so I pay parking as well. SJ Fairgrounds are only 15 miles RT for me.

                        For me, I bought some small things that my local gun shop doesn't stock. I could have bought them online, but shipping would have wiped out any savings. I also got to handle a bunch of stuff I was curious about, mostly optics, that nobody carries in the local shops. Add in a few hours surrounded by interesting gun gear and gun people, and it's a great way for me to spend a morning, but I don't go to gun shows just to buy stuff cheap (that's a side benefit).

                        Be sure to support the shooting sports in the San Jose area, especially when it only costs $7. Otherwise, we'll be down to a single gun show in the entire SF/peninsula/SJ area, and it'll be at the Cow Palace.
                        Last edited by maxicon; 06-16-2008, 3:36 PM.
                        sigpic
                        NRA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Jeff P
                          Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 388

                          The San Jose Gun Show was better attended with more vendors and better gun related items. I had the wife in tow so there was the "What do you need that for?" But I did get ammo, Haa 50AE. I'll go back.
                          Very interesting!!
                          Uhh.ohh, wifes home gotta go....

                          Jeff P

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1