Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Valkyrie Arms closed till when???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jrara
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 1728

    Originally posted by itisagoodname
    Just got a call back from Paul. Apparently they charged me but never actually placed the order. I'm heading there after work for a refund. Crazy... I have followed up 3 times since i put in the order and they said it just hadn't come in yet.

    What they did say is that they dont do their own purchasing, that they have a "supplier" who randomly fills orders and ships in the guns. Is that even normal practice?
    Sounds like Drop-shipping at supplier level.

    I am glad I didn't get the $1,000 PPQ from them.

    Did you pay cash or card?
    Current Armory:
    HK p7m8
    Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm
    Hi-Power Practical
    Baby Eagle 9mm
    P99 AS
    Glock 43

    Comment

    • itisagoodname
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Jan 2010
      • 1359

      Paid full amount on bank card. $598.73
      tere hanges

      Comment

      • drkphibr
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 2462

        Originally posted by kf6tac
        The main downside I could see coming of this is if the "new" VA decides not to continue with SSEs once they get everything up and running. The "old" VA had some of the best SSE selection/capability in the area.
        Agreed. Having a shop relatively local to do SSE was/is nice. New "owner" means months of FFL "process" and if the new owner will be an 01, no more SSE. This is a story still unraveling/reforming as we type, so it should be interesting...reminds me of BE Castro Valley and their "change" which equated to months of FFL status "updates".

        Comment

        • drkphibr
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 2462

          Originally posted by itisagoodname
          Just got a call back from Paul. Apparently they charged me but never actually placed the order. I'm heading there after work for a refund. Crazy... I have followed up 3 times since i put in the order and they said it just hadn't come in yet.

          What they did say is that they dont do their own purchasing, that they have a "supplier" who randomly fills orders and ships in the guns. Is that even normal practice?
          I've read a lot of threads about people paying in advance and such (I've special ordered in the past from different shops and haven't had to pay in advance, but that was sometime back, so maybe things have changed), so I'm wondering if the audit is all about this exact thing. Money taken up front for stuff that really never got ordered. A firearms Ponzi scheme of sorts.

          Not sure how that will all be handled. I would assume since they did not declare bankruptcy and those who have paid probably have receipts, the new ownership is probably (always a gray area) liable for the "contract" of either fulfilling the delivery or refunding the payment due to non-delivery.

          This is one drama-filled thread for sure.

          Comment

          • bwiese
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Oct 2005
            • 27621

            I have very limited and possibly incorrect info so digest it/value it as you wish.

            I have not talked to any VA people in the last two-ish weeks. Don't ask me more, cuz I don't know it, but:
            • The 'new' VA was some kinda merger w/10-8 Police Supply or derivative

            • Believe 'old' VA may still have its FFL, and still has its Milpitas 'industrial' space/former shop location.

            • I think some of VA's 'old guard' from prior Milpitas location had main jobs/family responsibilities they
              returned to, as working till midnite every other evening was taking its toll.

            • Hearing some rumblings of a partner dispute/drama. I hope it resolves amicably and usefully so that
              all parties can get their guns.



            I do think it is irrational for people saying shops should buy various rara avis guns for SSEing and not
            have to pay up front. Customers flake a lot ("I just lost my job" etc.) and then the dealer is left with a
            buncha inventory that may not be of real general interest.
            Last edited by bwiese; 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM.

            Bill Wiese
            San Jose, CA

            CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
            sigpic
            No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
            to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
            ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
            employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
            legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

            Comment

            • jrara
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 1728

              Originally posted by bwiese
              I have very limited and possibly incorrect info so digest it/value it as you wish.

              I have not talked to any VA people in the last two-ish weeks. Don't ask me more, cuz I don't know it, but:
              • The 'new' VA was some kinda merger w/10-8 Police Supply or derivative

              • Believe 'old' VA may still have its FFL, and still has its Milpitas 'industrial' space/former shop location.

              • I think some of VA's 'old guard' from prior Milpitas location had main jobs/family responsibilities they
                returned to, as working till midnite every other evening was taking its toll.

              • Hearing some rumblings of a partner dispute/drama. I hope it resolves amicably and usefully so that
                all parties can get their guns.



              I do think it is irrational for people saying shops should buy various rara avis guns for SSEing and not
              have to pay up front. Customers flake a lot ("I just lost my job" etc.) and then the dealer is left with a
              buncha inventory that may not be of real general interest.

              Thanks Bill.

              It does seem that VA was merged with 10-8 Supply according the to address on the yelp page unless that is old news?

              Current Armory:
              HK p7m8
              Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm
              Hi-Power Practical
              Baby Eagle 9mm
              P99 AS
              Glock 43

              Comment

              • DDRH
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2008
                • 2756

                Just got the call from Paul. He said, he'll give me the full refund by debit card, even when i paid by cash in full.

                FYI For those who are in the same boat i am

                Comment

                • Twiggz
                  Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 242

                  Thats a shame. I really liked the shop when it was in Milpitas. I have a 1911 that should be done soon that I had planned to SSE at their new location. I hope I can find another shop that does SSE on 1911's.

                  I emailed Metal dog and am waiting for a reply. Any one else have any suggestions?

                  Comment

                  • vr6veedub
                    Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 405

                    Originally posted by GTXR390
                    Just got the call from Paul. He said, he'll give me the full refund by debit card, even when i paid by cash in full.

                    FYI For those who are in the same boat i am
                    Care to share when you called/emailed? That way everyone who has done the same can see where they stand. Looks like they are going out of order or being selective. Thanks

                    Comment

                    • NorCal Einstein
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 1242

                      Originally posted by jrara
                      Thanks Bill.

                      It does seem that VA was merged with 10-8 Supply according the to address on the yelp page unless that is old news?

                      http://www.yelp.com/biz/10-8-police-supply-santa-clara
                      That's old news (well, a old merger/partnership). 10-8 I believe had the original contract for LE uniforms which was absorbed by VA in the merge.

                      Comment

                      • vr6veedub
                        Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 405

                        Sorry for the back to back replies, I just got a call from the DOJ (I called them yesterday to get some information). Their systems are showing everything is in order as far as they can see with Valkyrie. The agent on the phone said there are 4 audits happening today in Valkyrie's location and he is going to track down the agents to verify if Valkyrie is one of them. He also suggested I call ATF to see if they have any records of an audit. He did make mention that they would "in the majority of cases" not shut down a business during their audits. It would have to be an extreme case/violation for them to do so. But he mentioned the ATF would. He's going to give me a call back and let me know what he finds out.

                        Comment

                        • sundayduffer
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 527

                          Im glad i never dropped a dime with these folks. Visited the shop twice, poor services. For SSE, Metal Dog is my guy.

                          Comment

                          • bbogert
                            Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 177

                            Originally posted by Twiggz
                            Thats a shame. I really liked the shop when it was in Milpitas. I have a 1911 that should be done soon that I had planned to SSE at their new location. I hope I can find another shop that does SSE on 1911's.

                            I emailed Metal dog and am waiting for a reply. Any one else have any suggestions?
                            I called Metal Dog this AM and they do SSE on 1911's. If I could just get ahold of Paul, or someone at VA I would have my 1911 shipped there if VA can't finish the SSE. Metal Dog said to go ahead and have it shipped, but I would have to start DROS over again- I was supposed to pick up my 1911 on 12/1.
                            When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
                            When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
                            sigpic
                            Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment

                            • Twiggz
                              Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 242

                              Originally posted by bbogert
                              I called Metal Dog this AM and they do SSE on 1911's. If I could just get ahold of Paul, or someone at VA I would have my 1911 shipped there if VA can't finish the SSE. Metal Dog said to go ahead and have it shipped, but I would have to start DROS over again- I was supposed to pick up my 1911 on 12/1.
                              Thanks for the info. I hope you get yours taken care of quickly.

                              Comment

                              • Dumas1012
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Nov 2012
                                • 1857

                                I registered here just to do a search on Valkyrie Arms to see if something was up with them. Glad to find out that I'm not the only unhappy customer.

                                I also am wating for a pistol which I already paid for in full. When I was inquiring on the pistol, I specifically told them that if their order took more then a month, I would buy it online and have it shipped to them. They assured me that the pistol would come in less then a month. I'm going on my fourth month!!!!! Purchased my BG380 on August 21st.

                                I've called them with no success, stopped by their store three times including today with no success. I am going to email them, but really would like to speak to a human being about this situation. I am very patient and will always give a store the benefit of the doubt, but this is plain ridiculous.

                                Anyway, enough of my rant. Going to email them and see if they'll respond in a timely manner.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1