Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Another Reason to Consider Carrying at Home

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    troyus
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 1037

    Originally posted by pnkssbtz
    Please say you made that up and that there is not really someone that stupid representing constituents in a legislative position...


    "Please sign in - Welcome to New Hampshire!"
    "War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

    - Smedley D. Butler

    Comment

    • #32
      GuyW
      Banned
      • Dec 2002
      • 4298

      Originally posted by 1911A-1Fan
      Doesn't anybody wonder why homes are made so cheaply there are a dozen ways to get inside?
      ....how many readers here have extended striker plates on their door locks and solid, heavy duty dead bolts?...
      Good topic for a dedicated thread....

      Comment

      • #33
        metalhead357
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2006
        • 5546

        Originally posted by troyus
        Man I don't carry at home. That is just too much hassle. There's a gun on the 1st floor and the second floor and I can get to them in 5 seconds.
        the average dude can cover TWENTY-ONE FEET in 3 seconds....... think you can NOT ONLY *get* the gun but aim and squeeze off a round in 3 ??????????????????????????????????????????
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered....
        I am not a number! I am a free man

        1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
        2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
        3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep

        Comment

        • #34
          InvictusManeo
          Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 396

          Excellent point, Metalhead. That's why I not only carry, but keep the bayonet extended. If he covers the ground before I can squeeze, sucks for him!

          But seriously, my main reason to want a handgun is so that I CAN carry at home. Well... and because they're fun. I have no delusions that my fine county is going to give me a CCW, and I won't do it illegally. I'm good at running from conflict, but there's only one door out of my current residence.
          He was a demon. He was a parasite. He was a cancer. We were the cure. And he left you for a bitter grave today. - Coalition Bear

          There's a lot of fine ways to die. I ain't waiting for the government to choose mine. - Malcolm Reynolds

          Comment

          • #35
            newtothis
            Member
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2006
            • 355

            Originally posted by 56Chevy
            The bathroom is a great place to keep a gun. Just put a small safe under the sink. Stack-On makes one that opens from the front. So you can even stack things on top of it (pardon the pun) . The garage is also a good place to keep a gun or two. You can be very vulnerable when working on projects, etc., with the garage open.
            Isn't the humidity a problem?

            Comment

            • #36
              metalhead357
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2006
              • 5546

              Originally posted by newtothis
              Isn't the humidity a problem?
              STAINLESS STEEL........
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered....
              I am not a number! I am a free man

              1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
              2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
              3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep

              Comment

              • #37
                AJAX22
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2006
                • 14980

                heh, my home is my castle, I live my life less than an arms reach from things that go bang.

                Its not that I'm parinoid, I just have alot of guns.

                Its a small appartment.
                Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                Comment

                • #38
                  Ech0Sierra
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 944

                  My cousin in Nevada has a S&W 686-6 4 in. loaded with speer Gold Dots in his bathroom.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    56Chevy
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 1872

                    Originally posted by newtothis
                    Isn't the humidity a problem?
                    You could always try some desiccant.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      MustangO4
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 1138

                      Originally posted by newtothis
                      Isn't the humidity a problem?
                      Heavy coat of oil

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        bwiese
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 27622

                        I live about 10 minutes from the reported home invasion.

                        It's not a terrible area though quite a few rentals.

                        For some reason I have the gut feeling that the victimized family is 1st gen Asian and there may be gambling debts. I could be all wet, of course, but there are just better places to do home invasions.

                        By contrast, when you get up to the hill above Capitol/87, it's a very poor place to do a home invasion as there's always sumpin' handy.

                        This will, of course, devolve into a thread about "What's the best toilet gun?" instead of CCW piece, SHTF gun etc

                        Bill Wiese
                        San Jose, CA

                        CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
                        sigpic
                        No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
                        to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
                        ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
                        employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                        legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          metalhead357
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 5546

                          Originally posted by bwiese
                          This will, of course, devolve into a thread about "What's the best toilet gun?" instead of CCW piece, SHTF gun etc
                          LOL! Well if it'd happened in college with one of my roomates...just opening the bathroom door woulda afixiated the guy Mustard gas be dammed.........
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered....
                          I am not a number! I am a free man

                          1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
                          2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
                          3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            savageevo
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 1220

                            I heard a lot of asians that have businesses that only take in cash don't put all that cash in the bank. I believe because of taxes. They stash the cash at home. So when the punks hear that a certain home has cash. they rob them. This is what I heard when I use to live in the bay area.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              5968
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3557

                              I always carry at home.
                              sigpicIf you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
                              Originally posted by hoffmang
                              NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Turbinator
                                Administrator
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 11976

                                Originally posted by savageevo
                                I heard a lot of asians that have businesses that only take in cash don't put all that cash in the bank. I believe because of taxes. They stash the cash at home. So when the punks hear that a certain home has cash. they rob them. This is what I heard when I use to live in the bay area.
                                I don't know about the tax avoidance part, but typically more traditional Asians will keep cash at home. Today's generations, I wouldn't count on it.

                                Turby

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1