Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cow Palace Gun show.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Tunis
    Vendor/Retailer
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2006
    • 1372

    i'll be there at 9am on sat headed straight for the miwall booth!

    Comment

    • #32
      AraiGuma
      Member
      • Aug 2007
      • 186

      Originally posted by paulo57509
      Cal Expo is the state fairgrounds in Sacramento.
      Thank you.

      Comment

      • #33
        POOH
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 31

        ill b there
        don't quite know which day yet.

        Comment

        • #34
          dwtt
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2005
          • 7470

          I don't know how many of you know Leland Yee is trying to get the cow palace shut down. If you do go to the show, the promoter is a strong 2nd A supporter, despite how he lets all the jerky sellers in. If you are going on Saturday, there will be a meeting at the show at 2PM to discuss opposing the closure of the Cow Palace. Of course, because of the bill introduced by Leland Yee, it's likely the news media will be there to create a controversy that doesn't exist, so be careful if any reporter approaches you.

          Comment

          • #35
            ontmark
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 1237

            CLOSE COW PALACE GUN SHOW

            Issue: CLOSE COW PALACE GUN SHOW

            Latest Info: 2/28/2008 - Message distributed across the California NRA Network 2/28/2008:

            As many of you might know, there are two efforts to close the Cow Palace Gun Show in Daly City, near San Francisco.

            The NRA is working closely with Crossroads of the West (gun show) promoter Bob Templeton by coordinating our efforts to oppose both of these unwise/misguided efforts. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

            I would like you to do the following:


            Send this entire message (unedited) to all of your alert and distribution lists.


            Bob Templeton will be hosting a coordination meeting, at the Cow Palace, on Saturday March 1, 2008 at 2:00 PM. We would like your attendance and ideas/suggestions regarding coordinating our opposition to the proposed closures. Constructive suggestions are welcome!


            Be prepared, and prepare other NRA members/gun owners, for this upcoming important legislative battle. This is important and we will be involved in this fight.
            Please note: Crossroads of the West (Bob and Lynn Templeton) have been STRONG NRA supporters for longer than I have known them. And I have known them for almost twenty years. Their efforts to support the NRA have resulted in the recruitment/retention of tens-of-thousands of NRA members throughout this time. And as we all know, this is in California -- a battleground state for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

            Loyalty and honor obligates us to do our best to defend the Cow Palace gun show, and our freedoms. We will not shirk from this obligation.

            Paul

            >>>>>>>>>>
            H. Paul Payne
            NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
            3565 La Ciotat Way
            Riverside, CA 92501
            (951) 683-4NRA Office
            (951) 779-0740 Fax
            <<<<<<<<<<


            Action needed: Join your local NRA Members' Council
            Attend the 3/1/2008 2:00 PM meeting at the Cow Palace


            Description: The efforts to close the Cow Palace Gun Show continue! The last organized attempt was a bill in the legislature, SB 1733, which was defeated in 2004.
            (See the details section for information about an important meeting on Saturday, 3/1/2008)

            Comment

            • #36
              CSkyhawk72
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2004
              • 1292

              I'll be there with some friends on Saturday for the meeting... anyone want to go grab a few beers at the Seven Mile House after?
              "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -Ronald Reagan

              "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #37
                ldivinag
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 4858

                Originally posted by draconianruler
                Are you hot? Sorry, couldn't resist.

                i'm hot...

                i think i'm coming down with a fever... last temp readings was close to 100...

                but i'll still try to be there at 10am when the doors open...
                leo d.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Sampachi
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 812

                  Originally posted by paulo57509
                  How far back are your good ol' days? I always thought the Cal Expo shows kicked butt compared to the San Jose shows. Two buildings and two floors and sellers outside on the approach ramp.

                  But this was back 10-15 years ago.
                  I'd say around 1985 was my earliest. Cal Expo >was< a good show! But the San Francisco Cow Palace was even better and less frequent, IIRC. I also liked the downtown Sacramento Convention Center show, but I'm not even sure if that happens.
                  I never had much luck with the San Jose shows, so I rarely attended.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    mecam
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 4049

                    Does anybody know what the entrance fee is to CP?
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Conversekidz
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 54

                      $10 if you don't have the coupon, $9 if you print the coupon from their site.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        ivanimal
                        Janitors assistant
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2002
                        • 14365

                        I will be there Say Morn. 9 AM.
                        "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
                        Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
                        NRA lifetime member

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          deleted by PC police
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1374

                          can someone take a picture inside? I'm trying to talk my buddy into going but he just wants to just go to the Sacramento gun show. I want to show him the the crossroads show would have been a better choice.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            mecam
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 4049

                            Originally posted by Stick
                            can someone take a picture inside? I'm trying to talk my buddy into going but he just wants to just go to the Sacramento gun show. I want to show him the the crossroads show would have been a better choice.
                            Go to the corner of the building and take a snap shot with your cell phone.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              deleted by PC police
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 1374

                              Originally posted by mecam
                              Go to the corner of the building and take a snap shot with your cell phone.
                              I'm not going to be there. We are going to go to the Sacramento show.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                RP1911
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2007
                                • 5198

                                I'll be there around 11 am. Picking up the Model 28 that was listed here 10 days ago.
                                RP1911
                                -----------
                                NRA Life
                                CGN

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1