Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Soldiers issued enhanced M14s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Army
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3915

    Welcome to 2002.

    Military needs do not require every Soldier to have a 1000yd rifle. We have many avenues of long range ordnance to choose from, including various air assets. Shoot at me from 500yds, I'll respond with .50 cal or mortars. Mortar me from 1000yds, I'll respond with .50 cal, mortars, artillery, air dropped ordnance. Shoot at me from inside 400yds, I'll respond with 5.56, .30, .50, small mortar, and air assets.

    The M16 family works very well in its intended combat role.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

    Comment

    • #17
      Renaissance Redneck
      Senior Member
      • May 2012
      • 638

      In 2003 while I was getting prepared to leave Afghanistan, 82d Airborne designated marksmen were showing up with original M14's in wood furniture. I had to do a "double-take" when I saw my first one, and chatted-up the soldier carrying it; he was more than happy to discuss the rifle with me, and the reasons they were issuing them again.
      .
      .

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1