Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Moving to California...maybe.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    kaligaran
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 4800

    I moved here from FL last October. I had lots of high cap mags for pistols and my AR.
    I actually purchased more, then I disassembled them all for the move. Oh plus a bullet button for my AR (I'm told having a forward grip and telescoping stocks makes it more deadly ).

    Since being here, I've blocked them all to 10 rounds and made sure they all now comply with state laws.

    It does suck, but like you I took a high paying job out here (bay area) that I simply couldn't refuse. This is a beautiful state. I don't regret the move. However that doesn't say if I won the lottery I would stay.
    WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up.
    Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL

    Comment

    • #32
      Bri
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 32

      Originally posted by Bede5man
      I MAY be moving to the Mojave/Palmdale/Lancaster area.

      Dude, I've been to all 50 states and to 2 other continents...but I have NEVER, EVER seen a rattlesnake in the wild.

      Seen nasty spiders and snakes in Australia, in the Outback...Black Widows and Brown Recluses in Georgia and other places...but never a rattlesnake outdoors.

      I've seen them in university terrariums and in animal exhibits at science centers. But, never in the wild.

      They wanna bite my ***, as far as I'm concerned.
      THEY ARE TERRIFYING IN THE WILD!!!

      lol not really. I saw three rattlesnakes while backpacking through Yosemite. Almost stepping on two. But I survived. They left me alone. They didn't make any noise, you just gotta keep your eyes out

      One of them was swallowing a squirrel whole when we walked up on it. That was bad-a.

      Now stop being a pansy, because I'm a girl.

      Comment

      • #33
        guitar-nut
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 694

        Originally posted by axel4488
        Best option. DO NOT MOVE TO THIS HELL HOLE!!!! Stay free in free states.
        I 2nd that. Do not move to this **** hole. Unless of course you really enjoy high crime, high taxes, stupid laws, and being in the minority of people who speak English.

        Comment

        • #34
          guitar-nut
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 694

          Originally posted by Bede5man
          I MAY be moving to the Mojave/Palmdale/Lancaster area.

          Dude, I've been to all 50 states and to 2 other continents...but I have NEVER, EVER seen a rattlesnake in the wild.

          Seen nasty spiders and snakes in Australia, in the Outback...Black Widows and Brown Recluses in Georgia and other places...but never a rattlesnake outdoors.

          I've seen them in university terrariums and in animal exhibits at science centers. But, never in the wild.

          They wanna bite my ***, as far as I'm concerned.
          I live very close to the mojave desert (takes me about 30 minutes to get to Lancaster) and I've had to kill rattlesnakes close to a dozen times (makes me feel pretty redneck to say that). They usually rattle when you get anywhere near them (Except the babies. Watch out for them!). I'd say your best bet is to stand back and throw a cinderblock or very large rock on them, that's what I always did. **** that shovel stuff, if you're close enough for a shovel you're close enough to get bit.

          No brown recluses but watch out for Black Widows, we have a lot around here.

          And in the Antelope Valley, watch out for gangbangers.

          Comment

          • #35
            9mmrevolver
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2006
            • 1477

            I spent 31 years saying i've never seen a rattle snake. Then one day while hunting i picked up a rock the size of a basket ball and there it was. It was maby 10 inches long. It scared the dingle berries out of me. All coiled up and ready to bite. There was no rattling before or after i moved the rock.

            Comment

            • #36
              NotEnufGarage
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Oct 2010
              • 4832

              Mod the AR-15 and M1A, get some 10 round mags for them and then you can spend occassional weekends visiting Sacramento Valley Shooting Center and shoot them on the 1000 yard range!!!!!

              It's only about a 4 or 5 hour drive and they have groups shooting long distance almost every weekend. All the official long range clubs allow non-members and most have a tactical classification. They also have Mil-Surp competitions you can bring your Garand up for.
              sigpic
              NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

              "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
              Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
              Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

              The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

              Comment

              • #37
                m98
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • 4088

                Originally posted by guitar-nut
                I 2nd that. Do not move to this **** hole. Unless of course you really enjoy high crime, high taxes, stupid laws, and being in the minority of people who speak English.

                3x......unless ur only here to fast forward to retirement and retire outta this country(fyi: kommifornia considers itself its own country, that's why it has become what it is now)
                "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1