To me the Glocks just feel weird to shoot. The way they recoil and the trigger is different from what I like. I have shoot both..albeit a Glock 21 my dept issued to me and I prefer any Sig.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SIG vs Glock
Collapse
X
-
-
Get whatever fits your hand better. Sigs have really good ergonomics. Glock triggers can be tuned to give whatever kind of pull you want. If you drop in a KKM or Bar Sto match barrel, they can be just as accurate as Sigs. You can add a cheap grip adapter to change the grip angle to approximate the 1911 angle. Glock has a better aftermarket. They are infinately more durable. You can get one in 10mm and explode bears from a mile away
Comment
-
SIGComment
-
I have a few of both and like them both for different reasons
Price: Sig $800+ vs. Glock $500
Glock has a great sear set and consistent trigger vs. Sig's DA/SA
Sig's have a better feel and more comfortable IMO
Glock's are simple and easy to upgrade on your own vs. Sig you'll need a gunsmith for most things.
Glock's 3rd gens or older have a different grip angle to them and take a little getting used too.
My primary carry is my Glock 23 and my Sig's stay in the safe. However, I wouldn't hesitate to carry a Sig or use one for HD. The only issue I have with them is the DA trigger, which could be shortened by a gunsmith.
Both excellent guns though and I'd shoot both of them to see what you like best.Comment
-
Cant details strip a Sig without a pin punch and a hammer. Glock is
easy to detail strip. I like guns i can work on myself without special tools or a.gunsmith. Glocks are the AKs of the pistol world. Ps. I hate double action triggers. The more complicated something is the more that can go wrong.Comment
-
Glock is simpler but the Sig will make you a better shooter. Ive got both in 9mm but leave the Glock at home every timeComment
-
Stick with Glock.Comment
-
Get both. You eventually will anyways. Or you'll buy one, sell it to get the other, then go back and forth, and then get all these other brands too, and finally decide it doesn't matter and they all work fine. Don't limit your experience or resign yourself to one brand after trying only that brand.Comment
-
If you can't afford a Sig, get a glock. Or better yet, an XD
War does not determine who is right - only who is left!!
I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep your "change"
"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy" - Frank Sinatra
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick HarrissigpicComment
-
Most Sigs can be obtained with various trigger resets, so not all Sigs are the same.
Comparing Glock to Sig is like Chevy to Cadillac. Both are cars, but one is made as a basic automobile, the other for more comfort and luxury.
There is nothing bad about either. You need to shoot both, and the Smith & Wesson M&P 9.Take pride in what you do, say, and believe. Give everything your best effort, and never break your word of honor. You will never question if you did the right thing, even if it doesn't work out the way you wanted.Comment
-
I have both sigs and glocks and will tell you this much. If you're just buying a shooter, try them out and choose what you like best. If you want a really GREAT pistol, you owe it to yourself to search out a German made Sig and compare that to the others.sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,173
Posts: 25,145,189
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,525
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 35954 users online. 132 members and 35822 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment