Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SIG vs Glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Whatisthis?
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 1820

    Don't listen to the people that say you need to start throwing money in either of those guns. Glocks are totally awesome stock and the only thing that you might want to change out is the sights.

    I love my Glocks, but I also love my sigs, so I'm not trying to be biased.

    Sigs are also awesome stock. Sights would be one possible change, as well as a short reach trigger if you have smaller hands. But that's about it.

    There are other "upgrades" for each that are not necessary but may make the gun nicer to you.

    Also, beginners tend to like the Sig more because they only fire it in SA mode. Take that same beginner, give them a glock and a sig, and make them do three round groups where they decock the sig before each one. It would be much more of a toss up to them probably. The DA pull on the sig, while nice to frequent shooters, can be difficult for new shooters.

    Go to the range, shoot both. They are different animals in almost every way. The rental guns should also be pretty much 100% stock as well as far as the internals go.

    My rule is if I don't like firing the gun stock, I'm not going to buy one and throw a bunch of money into upgrades for it just so I might like it. Some might say something like "But what about the S&W M&P series! It's crap without the Apex parts that make the trigger better!" I call crap on anyone that does. While the stock trigger is different than a Glocks, it isn't bad and the gun is still fun to shoot. Yes, the apex kit makes it even better, but it is not necessary.

    Comment

    • #17
      SilverTauron
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2012
      • 5699

      It depends on your intended use of the weapon.

      If your goal is a practical defensive carry weapon, the Glock makes more sense. Should the bell toll and you end up drawing down against a crook you will lose the gun to police custody, and its much easier to replace a Glock 17 than a Sig 229. Note also that magazines and accessories are more affordable for a Glock than a Sig pistol.

      Should the mandate be collecting/range plinking, then the Sig makes more sense.Due to its double action trigger there's a greater benefit to the shooter's trigger skills than a striker fired piece like a Glock. One can learn a hard DA pull and move to a lighter striker fired gun easier than the reverse.
      The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
      The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
      -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

      The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

      Comment

      • #18
        voiceofreason
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 3785

        Originally posted by Whatisthis?
        Don't listen to the people that say you need to start throwing money in either of those guns. Glocks are totally awesome stock and the only thing that you might want to change out is the sights.
        You MUST change out Glock sights. They suck and fall off with hard use.

        PM me for recommendations for Glock sights.

        I'm fine with the stock Sig sights.

        I like my guns to be as stock as possible most of the time.
        "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
        John Quincy Adams

        "You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
        voiceofreason

        Comment

        • #19
          ShooterDK
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Feb 2007
          • 11966

          OP the best way is to go and shoot them and find the one that fits you best.
          Dave

          Comment

          • #20
            byronwrites
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 75

            Just get one of both!

            Comment

            • #21
              ptmccain
              Banned
              • Nov 2010
              • 42

              My .02:

              You are trying to compare two different philosophies. My quick response is: BOTH.

              A Glock is a rugged tool, that does what it does....the SIG is more of a refined platform.

              The best advice anyone can give you is:

              Go to a range that lets you rent firearms and try them out before you decide to buy.

              I own Glocks, no Sigs, but an HK and a Beretta. I appreciate them all for different reasons.

              The Glock is simple, easy to use and rugged. They just work. The Sig is more finicky, requires a bit more loving tender care and requires a different manual of arms.

              Try them both out.

              Offered, as always, FWIW and YMMV.

              Comment

              • #22
                paul0660
                In Memoriam
                • Jul 2007
                • 15669

                Originally posted by mbaerg
                looking to get a pistol..

                Both Glock and SIG are obviously great guns but I hear that the Glock has a shorter trigger pull compared to a SIG.

                thoughts?
                What gun are you holding in your avatar?
                *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                Comment

                • #23
                  ZNiner
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 1030

                  Never liked the position of the decocker on Sigs. It is where the slide release should be.

                  I had a P226 Navy that I sold for that and many other reasons.

                  It's a different strokes for different folks deal. Not that I feel a Sig is inferior in any way.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    CS Sports
                    Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 297

                    The obvious answer is that you need both.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Southpaw45
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 2333

                      Originally posted by voiceofreason
                      You MUST change out Glock sights. They suck and fall off with hard use.

                      PM me for recommendations for Glock sights.

                      I'm fine with the stock Sig sights.

                      I like my guns to be as stock as possible most of the time.
                      They fall off? News to me. Hard use like using them as a hammer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_xSGHGIlRo&feature=fvsr
                      Last edited by Southpaw45; 07-15-2012, 4:19 PM.
                      Cowboy Action Shooter
                      Midnight Black Powder Shooter
                      S.A.S.S #74217
                      Have Guns Will Travel
                      .45 Colt Enthusiast
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        mbaerg
                        Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 375

                        Originally posted by paul0660
                        What gun are you holding in your avatar?
                        A colt 1911 .45 .... Not mine
                        "Never was so much owed by so many to so few"-Winston Churchill
                        "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" -Ronald Reagan

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          ClarenceBoddicker
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 2783

                          If you want a well designed simple reliable pistol with no distractions (safeties, decockers, magazine disconnects, etc.) get a Glock. The Glock 9mm & .357/.40 pistols can use 33/29rd factory mags.

                          If you want an over engineered complex pistol get a SIG.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            paul0660
                            In Memoriam
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 15669

                            If you want an over engineered complex pistol that is much less likely to hurt you, get a SIG.
                            *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              tbc
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 5955

                              I pick Sig any day over Glock as far as shootability. Not sure if a Sig SA trigger is shorter than that of a Glock but a Sig SA trigger is much better IMO.

                              You need to try both for yourself.

                              But don't forget the HKs as well .

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SacTown
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 1784

                                This is like asking "what car should I get?"

                                Answer: TRY THEM OUT
                                sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1