Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Homeland Security is Buying Up Ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rangem4
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 407

    Homeland Security is Buying Up Ammo?

    I just heard this rumor at the re-loading shop.
    He says his last order of Nosler 45ACP and .223 bullits were backordered and the guy at the warehouse said Homeland Security is buying ammo and bullets.
    If this is the only time we hear it it's probably BS but if the trend continues...........
    sigpicA well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
  • #2
    paul0660
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2007
    • 15669

    I don't think HS buys bullets, but they have made some large orders of ammunition. Practice makes perfect.
    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

    Comment

    • #3
      CalTeacher
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 828

      I thought DHS shot .40

      Don't believe everything you hear in a gun store.

      Comment

      • #4
      • #5
        offdutyalot
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 81

        I have a friend from church who is DSH. I'll ask him if he knows if I see him Sunday.

        Comment

        • #6
          xpbprox
          Banned
          • Oct 2010
          • 936

          Man, I'm gettin good.

          Comment

          • #7
            non sequitur
            Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 362

            Dept. of Homeland Security ammo stores

            175,000,000 million rounds of .223 ammo

            350,000,000 million rounds of .40 S&W ammo

            ...and the list goes on (see link below).

            Why would a civilian branch of the federal government that employs 20,000 people need this much ammo?

            A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

            Comment

            • #8
              kb58
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 614

              Oh God, it's back. Please look into this further instead of stirring up this old news, and if you run the numbers, it's a non-issue. Getting "news" from prepper sites guarantees it's blown out of proportion.

              Comment

              • #9
                Fyathyrio
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1082

                I doubt that Border Patrol are buying it up as they are now being trained to run and hide.
                "Everything I ever learned about leadership, I learned from a Chief Petty Officer." - John McCain
                "Use your hammer, not your mouth, jackass!" - Mike Ditka
                There has never been a shortage of people eager to draw up blueprints for running other people's lives. - Thomas Sowell
                Originally posted by James Earl Jones
                The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

                Comment

                • #10
                  stilly
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10685

                  Originally posted by Fyathyrio
                  I doubt that Border Patrol are buying it up as they are now being trained to run and hide.


                  LMFAO! Did someone put a Brit in charge of DHS now?
                  7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                  Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                  And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    rsrocket1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 2772

                    This is an IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantitiy) order. It is like a "blanket purchase authorization", not a scheduled quantity delivery requiring all of that ammo to be produced ASAP.

                    175,000,000 million rounds of .223 ammo

                    350,000,000 million rounds of .40 S&W ammo
                    .

                    175 trillion?
                    350 trillion?

                    that's a lot of ammo

                    Of course, I wouldn't assume a gun store worker understands what that means.

                    About the only thing I would trust from a store worker is the price of what he's selling and I would have already know what I ought to be paying.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      gatesbox
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 1860

                      Originally posted by rsrocket1

                      175 trillion?
                      350 trillion?

                      that's a lot of ammo
                      Thanks I was trying to figure out how many zeros to add.
                      "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt."

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1