Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finally Got Pulled Over with a Gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    seaeagle
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2026
    • 13

    Originally posted by Gawernator
    I haven't been pulled over and given a ticket in like a decade but finally today it happened and the first time with a CCW, and while I was on surveillance so the guy got away hahah terrible.

    Anyways, there's horror stories on here about telling a cop you have a gun, he asked if I had a CCW before I even said anything and I told him and he literally just said "okay". Like didn't even ask to see my license or anything about the gun lol. Then came back with a ticket and left, motorcycle cop that was writing people all morning/day in Elk Grove today.
    Why give you a ticket since you have your ccw with you. The laws and rules are simply getting out of hand. I hope never to be pulled over by a cop because I will carry in my car.

    Comment

    • #17
      Gawernator
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2014
      • 899

      Originally posted by seaeagle

      Why give you a ticket since you have your ccw with you. The laws and rules are simply getting out of hand. I hope never to be pulled over by a cop because I will carry in my car.
      He wrote me for speeding, ofc I will fight it
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        Nego
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2026
        • 1308

        Originally posted by Gawernator

        What is "super stealth mode"? Today I finished the 30th hour of surveillance on the case and was never burned. Just lost him the one time while I got the ticket haha, oh well. Would "conducting mobile surveillance operations" do better for you? or are you just upset that I run surveillance? or do you need surveillance? I bill $100/hour with 4 hour minimum.
        I do executive protection sometimes which requires me to just hang out I find it soooo tedious. I also do corporate security but most of my sites I can sit there and watch movies and TV shows on my tablet 🙃 😀. People tend to think these jobs are so fun.But God they are mind numbing sometimes. It's hard to stay focused for hours on end

        Comment

        • #19
          Gawernator
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2014
          • 899

          yup
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            ar15robert
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2002
            • 2529

            I have yet to be pulled over in az. Not that I want to because I don’t want a ticket lol. But asking a sheriff about it he just said hey first thing declare it it calms me down knowing you said upfront.

            then said depending on the traffic violation i normally give a break to ones carrying lol. he did say though if he ask if any firearms in the car you must answer due to az law.if you say yes your fine as long as legal to own. If you say no and they find one your screwed with a felony. So basically if you can own one legally just say him carrying earlier the better.

            Comment

            • #21
              Cheep
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 1327

              I've been stopped twice in AZ, with loaded firearms in the vehicle both times. The first stop it wasn't even mentioned, the second time a young state trooper asked if I had any guns in the truck, told him one was in driver's door pouch, he wanted to hold it for the duration of the stop, placed it back in the door before we parted.
              Originally posted by NOMADCHRIS
              your asking a question about asking a question ??? just ask the damn question!!!

              Comment

              • #22
                splithoof
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2015
                • 6041

                Originally posted by acaligunner
                Then the officer kept me outside ( in the cold of winter ) and asked if he could search the car - to which I replied NO you cannot search my vehicle.

                Then the officer told me that only drug dealers carry Glock 45’s and he was going to call for a K9 to do a search.
                He was a totally arrogant POS.
                It’s officers who project an attitude like that who ruin it for all the better ones.

                Comment

                • #23
                  arrix
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 4626

                  Originally posted by Cheep
                  I've been stopped twice in AZ, with loaded firearms in the vehicle both times. The first stop it wasn't even mentioned, the second time a young state trooper asked if I had any guns in the truck, told him one was in driver's door pouch, he wanted to hold it for the duration of the stop, placed it back in the door before we parted.
                  I hope you unloaded it before handing it over.
                  There is no week nor day nor hour, when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their supreme confidence in themselves -- and lose their roughness and spirit of defiance -- Tyranny may always enter -- there is no charm, no bar against it -- the only bar against it is a large resolute breed of men.

                  -Walt Whitman

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    enorbit3
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 2656

                    I got stopped for speeding last month by CHP. As soon as the officer approached my car and greeted me, I told him I was armed and a lawful CCW holder. Handed him my DL and my CCW. He was very casual about it, went back to his motorcycle and came back with a speeding ticket a few minutes later. He then thanked me for carrying and sent me on my way.
                    LAPD CCW Timeline:
                    Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
                    Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
                    Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
                    DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
                    CCW Training - 2/25/23
                    Firearms - 3/1/23
                    LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
                    CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Sailormilan2
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3487

                      LEO interactions while CCW can be dangerous. As shown by a YouTube video showing a guy getting shot by his own gun by the officer who was trying to take it out of his holster while annoth officer has his hands restrained. The whole thing was questionable because apparently he was lawful carrying, and the interaction was very positive with the initiating officer.
                      Then an officer had our local PD placed a CCWer in the back of the patrol car (I don’t remember if he was handcuffed) while she confirmed whether his CCW permit was valid. I don’t recall ever hearing about any one carrying with a fake permit.🤨🙄

                      Last edited by Sailormilan2; 09-25-2026, 5:05 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        GOEX FFF
                        ☆ North Texas ☆
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 7647

                        I got pulled over one night going to Bucc'es. I had a headlight out that I was unaware of. It was my first time being pulled over since moving to TX and having my LTC (License to Carry).

                        Cop was really cool. Came up to the door and introduced himself as Officer...so and so. Told me the reason he stopped me.

                        I handed him my DL and LTC card (I'm required by law to do so). He looked at both and asked me "Are you armed tonight?" I said "Yes, sir" (again, as a LTC holder I'm required by law to inform). He handed me back my LTC and said "Cool, be right back".

                        Came back less than a minute later, handed me back my DL and thanked me for quote, "being an outstanding citizen" and gave me a warning for the headlight and I was on my way.

                        Not a big deal, at all. But then again, its TX.

                        Last edited by GOEX FFF; 09-25-2026, 10:58 PM.
                        Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

                        The 2nd Amendment Explained

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          seaeagle
                          Junior Member
                          • Aug 2026
                          • 13

                          Originally posted by Gawernator

                          He wrote me for speeding, ofc I will fight it
                          Thats using his power to bully. I hope they overturn the speeding in your favor.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1