Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finally Got Pulled Over with a Gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gawernator
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 898

    Finally Got Pulled Over with a Gun

    I haven't been pulled over and given a ticket in like a decade but finally today it happened and the first time with a CCW, and while I was on surveillance so the guy got away hahah terrible.

    Anyways, there's horror stories on here about telling a cop you have a gun, he asked if I had a CCW before I even said anything and I told him and he literally just said "okay". Like didn't even ask to see my license or anything about the gun lol. Then came back with a ticket and left, motorcycle cop that was writing people all morning/day in Elk Grove today.
    sigpic
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57177

    The officer likely ran your plate and the CCW pops up because your CCW is in the same name as the registered owner of the vehicle.

    I got pulled over 25 years ago and the first thing the officer asked me was if I had any guns in the car.
    I said no but asked why he would ask that.
    He told me he ran my plate and the plate came back as registered to an owner who also had registered assault weapons.
    If this was happening 25 years ago, I bet it is even more prevalent today with how the technology has improved in the last 25 years.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      Gawernator
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2014
      • 898

      Originally posted by ar15barrels
      The officer likely ran your plate and the CCW pops up because your CCW is in the same name as the registered owner of the vehicle.

      I got pulled over 25 years ago and the first thing the officer asked me was if I had any guns in the car.
      I said no but asked why he would ask that.
      He told me he ran my plate and the plate came back as registered to an owner who also had registered assault weapons.
      If this was happening 25 years ago, I bet it is even more prevalent today with how the technology has improved in the last 25 years.
      He asked me before he ran my info, assumedly because I told him I was running surveillance or my GWOT hat haha. He just said "security types usually carry" when I asked how he knew. I had on a black Baja MX road racing t-shirt from a competition I won in Mexico, grey Adidas gym shorts, no glasses, tennis shoes, Garmin watch. Nothing too tacticool
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Ora Serrata
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2015
        • 1751

        I was pulled over 4 years ago. Cop didn’t ask me about CCW or guns. I wasn’t carrying that day so I didn’t inform him I had a permit. Gave me a ticket and that was the end. I informed my issuing agency within a couple hours. No repercussions with two renewals since either.

        Comment

        • #5
          Grendel Guy
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 3007

          I got pulled over by CHP about 15 years ago. I was wearing a gun themed T-shirt (Smith and Wesson, Ruger, or something) he saw it and immediately put his hand on his pistol and asked me if I had a gun on or in the car. I said no and he kept the hand on the pistol. I stopped wearing shirts like that except when I'm staying home.

          Comment

          • #6
            P5Ret
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2010
            • 6394

            I guess you didn't have super stealth mode activated while "running surveillance".

            Comment

            • #7
              Gawernator
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 898

              Originally posted by P5Ret
              I guess you didn't have super stealth mode activated while "running surveillance".
              What is "super stealth mode"? Today I finished the 30th hour of surveillance on the case and was never burned. Just lost him the one time while I got the ticket haha, oh well. Would "conducting mobile surveillance operations" do better for you? or are you just upset that I run surveillance? or do you need surveillance? I bill $100/hour with 4 hour minimum.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Gawernator
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 898

                Originally posted by Grendel Guy
                I got pulled over by CHP about 15 years ago. I was wearing a gun themed T-shirt (Smith and Wesson, Ruger, or something) he saw it and immediately put his hand on his pistol and asked me if I had a gun on or in the car. I said no and he kept the hand on the pistol. I stopped wearing shirts like that except when I'm staying home.
                Wow, that's ridiculous. CHP can be dweebs though
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ranking0663
                  Member
                  • May 2023
                  • 136

                  Find it interesting members from the other forum are posting their topics they posted on that forum here, and topics here are being posted as new topics on that other site.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gawernator
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 898

                    Originally posted by Ranking0663
                    Find it interesting members from the other forum are posting their topics they posted on that forum here, and topics here are being posted as new topics on that other site.
                    Gotta spread the love b0rther
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      acaligunner
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 8035

                      Originally posted by Grendel Guy
                      I got pulled over by CHP about 15 years ago. I was wearing a gun themed T-shirt (Smith and Wesson, Ruger, or something) he saw it and immediately put his hand on his pistol and asked me if I had a gun on or in the car. I said no and he kept the hand on the pistol. I stopped wearing shirts like that except when I'm staying home.
                      I was traveling to New Mexico when I got stopped going into Gallup,NM.

                      I told the copper that I had my Glock 30 with me and then I told him I was giving my DL, etc.
                      The officer told me to get out - I got out and then he told me “ Don’t make any sudden moves because I’ve done it before “ which to me sounded like a threat.

                      Then the officer kept me outside ( in the cold of winter ) and asked if he could search the car - to which I replied NO you cannot search my vehicle.

                      Then the officer told me that only drug dealers carry Glock 45’s and he was going to call for a K9 to do a search.

                      20 minutes later he gave me a warning for driving in the left lane ( I drove on the left lane because semi trucks had torn the right lane up ), and then he placed everything on the drivers seat told me I could go and left.

                      The only time I thought of an officer as a ( well I won’t even say )..
                      Vida Loca Homes

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Grendel Guy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3007

                        Originally posted by acaligunner

                        I was traveling to New Mexico when I got stopped going into Gallup,NM.

                        I told the copper that I had my Glock 30 with me and then I told him I was giving my DL, etc.
                        The officer told me to get out - I got out and then he told me “ Don’t make any sudden moves because I’ve done it before “ which to me sounded like a threat.

                        Then the officer kept me outside ( in the cold of winter ) and asked if he could search the car - to which I replied NO you cannot search my vehicle.

                        Then the officer told me that only drug dealers carry Glock 45’s and he was going to call for a K9 to do a search.

                        20 minutes later he gave me a warning for driving in the left lane ( I drove on the left lane because semi trucks had torn the right lane up ), and then he placed everything on the drivers seat told me I could go and left.

                        The only time I thought of an officer as a ( well I won’t even say )..
                        I concede that cops can have bad days. After all they do deal with bad situations/people the majority of the time. But give the person the chance to prove that he warrants such treatment. I've stopped at coffee shops and bought a coffee for them, at least maybe they'll go easy on the next poor schmuck.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Gawernator
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 898

                          Originally posted by acaligunner

                          I was traveling to New Mexico when I got stopped going into Gallup,NM.

                          I told the copper that I had my Glock 30 with me and then I told him I was giving my DL, etc.
                          The officer told me to get out - I got out and then he told me “ Don’t make any sudden moves because I’ve done it before “ which to me sounded like a threat.

                          Then the officer kept me outside ( in the cold of winter ) and asked if he could search the car - to which I replied NO you cannot search my vehicle.

                          Then the officer told me that only drug dealers carry Glock 45’s and he was going to call for a K9 to do a search.

                          20 minutes later he gave me a warning for driving in the left lane ( I drove on the left lane because semi trucks had torn the right lane up ), and then he placed everything on the drivers seat told me I could go and left.

                          The only time I thought of an officer as a ( well I won’t even say )..
                          Sucks it happened... he was fishing hard. Some cops don't want people to have guns at all.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ar15barrels
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 57177

                            Originally posted by Gawernator

                            He asked me before he ran my info, assumedly because I told him I was running surveillance
                            Normally, they run your plate before they even get out of their car the first time.
                            Randall Rausch

                            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Gawernator
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 898

                              Originally posted by ar15barrels

                              Normally, they run your plate before they even get out of their car the first time.
                              Yeah not sure how it is with moto cops. But they need to do the CLETS search to see the CCW. I wouldn't think they see that from a DMV search alone. Pretty sure it was just the GWOT veteran hat haha
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1