Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.40 to .22 conversion or a new .22?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    CaptBuzz
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 177

    That being said, anyone have any first hand experience with any of these?:

    ISSC M-22
    GSG-1911
    Sig Mosquito
    Walther P22
    S&W M&P 22

    Comment

    • #17
      dustoff31
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2007
      • 8209

      Originally posted by CaptBuzz
      That being said, anyone have any first hand experience with any of these?:

      ISSC M-22
      GSG-1911
      Sig Mosquito
      Walther P22
      S&W M&P 22
      I've got an M-22. Saw your eariler post, Good grief, are they really going for that much now? ~$500?

      Anyway, I like it. Shoots well, quite accurate. But it's not just a baby Glock, completely different on the inside.

      I'm not impressed with the sights. Both front and rear are plastic, and rather flimsy. I'm sure it is just a matter of time until I bump or hit them with something and they break.

      The factory instructions say that you should run a few hundred rounds of high velocity ammo, CCI Mini-Mags IIRC, through them at first for a break in. I did and haven't had any problems.

      Yeah, an occasional jam here and there, but no more than with any other .22 semi-auto. Certainly nothing I would attribute to the gun itself.
      "Did I say "republic?" By God, yes, I said "republic!" Long live the glorious republic of the United States of America. Damn democracy. It is a fraudulent term used, often by ignorant persons but no less often by intellectual fakers, to describe an infamous mixture of socialism, miscegenation, graft, confiscation of property and denial of personal rights to individuals whose virtuous principles make them offensive." - Westbrook Pegler

      Comment

      • #18
        CaptBuzz
        Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 177

        Ya, the M22 is sticker'd at $399 at my local shops. What really turns me off is the "read manual before use" stamped into the frame.
        Last edited by CaptBuzz; 04-22-2012, 11:09 AM.

        Comment

        • #19
          brassburnz
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 3553

          I have an Advantage Arms LE .22 conversion for my Glock 22. Takes about a minute to swap out the slide and magazine. After I figured out what type of ammo the conversion likes, it runs like a champ. I have seven magazines, so I just load them up plink away.

          5 magazines of .22 rimfire = 2 bucks
          5 magazines of .40 cal = 15 bucks

          Same trigger pull. Essentially the same sight picture.
          Heft is different. Recoil is different.
          NRA Life Member
          CRPA Life Member

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1