Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Carelessness in a gun store

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    stix213
    AKA: Joe Censored
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2009
    • 19002

    Recently at a local FFL I saw hundreds of uranium centrifuges, dozens of people in white coats speaking both Korean and Persian testing something they placed on the tip of a tall tube, and I saw a sale of a handgun without a safety clear demo.

    I'm not going to name the store though.





    Comment

    • #17
      NotEnufGarage
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2010
      • 4832

      Originally posted by CHS
      This post is worthless without naming the store.
      ^^^This times 1000
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

      "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

      The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

      Comment

      • #18
        NSR500
        Banned
        • Aug 2006
        • 19530

        I was recently at a store and they had guns... I felt uncomfortable, so I called the owner.

        I'm not naming the store.

        Comment

        • #19
          rplusplus
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 2252



          Run to the Hills... Run for... Your... Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee!
          US Navy Retired 1987-2007

          Comment

          • #20
            Coded-Dude
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2010
            • 6705

            Originally posted by Curley Red
            So I go to a gun store I have never been before, it is a very small store but has a descent amount of items for sale. As I am looking at slings I hear one of the guys behind a counter pull out a gun for a customer and show it to him. Then like normal I hear the slide go back because everyone knows the best way to sell a gun is to make it make noise. So I look over my shoulder to see what gun he is showing and I notice the guy behind the counter fanning everyone with the gun in the store, then after he passes by right in front of my head I hear it go click as it is pointed just to the side of me. Whether or not the gun was empty, which it was, that is not a smart thing to do. I really don't like any gun pointed at me, let alone hearing the trigger go when it has just pasted my head and is still pointed in my direction but a few inches to the side of my head. Needless to say I immediately walked out and will never go there again. So much for gun rule #1, don't point at what you don't want to shoot.

            I won;t name the store, but I guarantee I will never mention it or go there again. What was real surprising was that the guy was not a kid and was probably in his 40's. I guess some people never learn.

            I know some people may think I am overreacting but when I see a gun pointed at my face then a few seconds later hear the trigger go as the gun is still pointed in my direction, that does not make me feel good.

            Oh well, there loss.

            you do realize that is the store ensuring the gun is empty before handing it over to a potential customer....standard protocol. It's not a sales technique.
            x2

            Originally posted by Deadbolt
            watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
            Originally posted by Obama
            Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

            Comment

            • #21
              acaligunner
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2008
              • 8094

              So I look over my shoulder to see what gun he is showing and I notice the guy behind the counter fanning everyone with the gun in the store, then after he passes by right in front of my head I hear it go click as it is pointed just to the side of me.


              Maybe he's a newbie serial killer :0

              acaligunner
              Vida Loca Homes

              Comment

              • #22
                rplusplus
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 2252

                Originally posted by Coded-Dude
                you do realize that is the store ensuring the gun is empty before handing it over to a potential customer....standard protocol. It's not a sales technique.


                Did you see where OP said that even after clearing the weapon that the person holding said weapon then pointed it at him and pulled the trigger breaking rule #1?
                US Navy Retired 1987-2007

                Comment

                • #23
                  keenkeen
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2011
                  • 6782

                  Originally posted by rplusplus


                  Did you see where OP said that even after clearing the weapon that the person holding said weapon then pointed it at him and pulled the trigger breaking rule #1?
                  He's commenting on the section of the OPs post that he bolded.

                  Not the pointing and pulling the trigger part.
                  "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Silverlake223
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 795

                    Where is El Dorado Hills anyway?
                    Quod sumus hoc eritis

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Coded-Dude
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 6705

                      just east of folsom off the 50.

                      x2

                      Originally posted by Deadbolt
                      watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
                      Originally posted by Obama
                      Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        S.A.
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2119

                        Well I guess for some guys going to a gun store and seeing things and hearing noises is an adventure.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rplusplus
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 2252

                          Originally posted by keenkeen
                          He's commenting on the section of the OPs post that he bolded.

                          Not the pointing and pulling the trigger part.
                          Ahhhhh yes.... missed that

                          My bad.
                          US Navy Retired 1987-2007

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Coded-Dude
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 6705

                            I bet if we started a poll: "Have you ever been swept at a gun store" The results would be pretty predictable. Not saying that makes it okay....just that it has and will continue to happen.
                            x2

                            Originally posted by Deadbolt
                            watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
                            Originally posted by Obama
                            Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              lewdogg21
                              Cattle Thieves Pro Staff
                              • May 2009
                              • 10369

                              Originally posted by Coded-Dude
                              you do realize that is the store ensuring the gun is empty before handing it over to a potential customer....standard protocol. It's not a sales technique.
                              2x. When I hand a pistol back to the sales guy I face the barrel towards myself as I know it's unloaded but they don't. I would expect the same. Opening the slide to verify it's unloaded is smart.
                              Originally posted by jmonte35
                              Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
                              .

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                zum
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 556

                                eh... this rant gets posted at least every week on the net. and if standard protocol of the employee ensuring the gun is empty when handing it to a customer is followed i don't understand the CRYING

                                FACT: Gun stores and its salesmen are not safety instructors and are not there to PREACH safety, they are there to SELL guns.

                                with that being said, as a fellow gun owner i do preach safety when i notice a family member or friend handling a gun in the wrong manner.
                                e.g. finger on the trigger, sweeping, not makings sure firearm is UNLOADED for themselves when handed a gun ect.

                                now if this happened at A RANGE! I'd have lost my mind on the SOB
                                Last edited by zum; 02-17-2012, 7:10 PM.
                                i see hypocrites!!!
                                "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1