Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

open carry at Starbucks 2/14 question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    negolien
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 4829

    sigh tired of hearing that crap

    Originally posted by Andy Taylor
    Open carry in such venues is what lost us the ability to open carry handguns at all.
    That and open carry of an unloaded gun will get you dead.
    Please stop spouting that BS about unloaded guns getting you killed. I don't plan on open carrying but get tired of hearing that lame excuse. Chances of someone knowing your unloaded isn't very good unless you look like a scumbag most people think your a LEO. Chances of me loading up in time to defend myselfs pretty good if it comes down to it. maybe 2 secs tops and I can run around my car for 2 secs trust me...
    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

    George Orwell

    http://www.AnySoldier.com

    Comment

    • #17
      psssniper
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2005
      • 3060

      No I can't make it, I'm planning on running back and forth across the freeway all day
      "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness; I love only that which they defend.
      victus exaro somniculosus, somnus exaro ieiunium

      Comment

      • #18
        NokSuCow
        Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 253

        I was thinking of open carry a bananna in my serpa for a laugh.

        Comment

        • #19
          radioman
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 1805

          Let's not shoot ourself in the foot on this.
          "One useless man is called a disgrace, two become a law firm, and three or more become a Congress."
          the new avatar is a painting from 1906, escape from San Francisco.

          Comment

          • #20
            IncVoid
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2011
            • 470

            I won't be open carrying. I'll keep my empty holster concealed too. Hard enough trying to carry on private property.
            __________
            Now happy with my muzzelite ruger 10/22 bullpup stock.

            Comment

            • #21
              Bobby Ricigliano
              Mit Gott und Mauser
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2011
              • 17439

              I'll be there in the back corner in my Emo glasses and skinny jeans. It'll look like I'm hard at work on the great American novel but in reality I'll just be trolling Facebook looking to add to my fake friend count.

              See you there!!

              Comment

              • #22
                Toyman321
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1620

                I'll be there, carrying my cup of coffee. Then I'll shoot the company an email letting them know they have won my business that day by not giving into to the anti-gun propaganda.

                Why take a day that could bring our cause some positive attention and screw it up with a whole lot of negative attention.

                Comment

                • #23
                  jlbflyboy172
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 625

                  I will be open carrying a letter directed to Starbucks thanking them for their support of the 2nd Amendment and I will place in the hands of the manager on duty.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    jlbflyboy172
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 625

                    And I will be sure to hit all three Starbucks in my town on that day.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      gatesbox
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 1860

                      For the record we were not allowed to open carry befor 1/1/2012, and bringing an unloaded rifle ito Starbucks is not open carry either, it is simply transporting an unloaded weapon. Why make the distinction? Because it just makes this form of protest all the more stupid! "o look at me I'm a neutered Californian gun owner and I wold please like to have my right to transport unloaded firearms revoked by Idiot state legislators."

                      I'm cool with unregistered Bannanas though!
                      "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt."

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Sunday
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 5574

                        How about buying coffe from them that day if you want to support Starbucks?
                        California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          FullAuto
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 5746

                          Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                          I'll be there in the back corner in my Emo glasses and skinny jeans. It'll look like I'm hard at work on the great American novel but in reality I'll just be trolling Facebook looking to add to my fake friend count.

                          See you there!!
                          hahahah that one made me laugh, good stuff
                          "THIS IS BAT COUNTRY"
                          "THE DREAMS OF YOUTH ARE THE REGRETS OF MATURITY"
                          "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PARANOID, DON'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT AFTER YOU"







                          upload images

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            MudCamper
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 4605

                            Originally posted by j.hors
                            For those going to Starbucks on 2/14/12, do you plan on open carrying your long gun?
                            Wow. I've been a long-time supporter of the OC movement, but this is the worst idea I've ever heard. If you do this, you will push Starbucks corporate over to the other side, and they will change their position and ban guns. This will be a HUGE PR win for the Bradys.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Exile Machine
                              No longer in Business
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 9551

                              I'm definitely going to grab a bag of ground up decaf coffee that day to vote with my wallet... Won't be packing any long guns but I'll be carrying my Glock 21 as usual. If I were still living in CA, I'd wear the empty holster as a show of solidarity. Heck we can legally carry long guns here but you never see anyone doing it in a Starbucks.
                              -Mark
                              Manufacturer of CA AWB Compliance Products from Oct 2009 to Nov 2018

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                DSB
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • 1005

                                Originally posted by j.hors
                                For those going to Starbucks on 2/14/12, do you plan on open carrying your long gun?
                                I'm trying to think of any WORSE ideas. Haven't thought of any yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1