Guys I am contemplating a 308 build, I am leaning towards trying a pistol configuration. I know that its not practical and would recoil very heavy however I like the pistol platform better than rifles (based off experience with my ar-15 pistol). My armorer thinks I am insane but if it can be done I want one. The trouble is the upper, I cant find any 308 upper barrel assemblies that are the right length. Is there a company that makes custom 308 uppers and if I need to contact them. I know someone on Calguns has a ar-10 pistol and would greatly appreciate theyre or anyone else for that matters help. Thanks in advance guys.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
.308 options
Collapse
X
-
Check to see if the BFR has that caliber. I am on my phone so I can't do it easily. -
Buy any upper and have the barrel cut down to the length you want -
Only adds about $150 or so to your cost.
Much cheaper than trying to have an upper built to spec.......
$500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.comComment
-
sigpic
Originally posted by dantoddWe will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.Originally posted by bwieseThey don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.Originally posted by louisianagirlOur fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.Comment
-
Go buy a PTR-91 pistol in. 308. Its actually shorter than the AR and no tube. They have them for sale at Parallax Tactical.Comment
-
Last edited by glocklover; 01-05-2012, 8:35 AM.Comment
-
"We're surrounded.....that simplifies our problem."
-Chesty Puller-
"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!"
-Chesty Puller-
-Dimitri, I'm sorry they're jamming your radar and flying so low, but they're trained to do it. You know, it's, it's initiative!-Comment
-
HOURS
Monday to Saturday:
10:00am. to 6:00pm
Closed Sundays
510-581-1917 Phone
510-581-1310 Fax
22287 Redwood Rd.
Castro Valley, Ca 94546Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,905
Posts: 25,152,976
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29070 users online. 43 members and 29027 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment