Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New shooting range in Orange County -Stanton

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Right to Bear Arms
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 680

    Originally posted by Crotalus
    Ok, I spoke with the owner just yesterday. I don't want to go into too much detail because it is not my place to do so, but they are having more problems with the city. From my understanding the range lanes are functional, and the city is trying to chisel them for something unrelated to the lanes... This place is just a few minutes from me.. soo I have waiting and waiting since October. Good things take time and I fully believe this will be a great spot to shoot and hangout once it is up and running. I FULLY understand everyone's frustration that the opening has been delayed for so long.. So think how the owner's feel..... Have faith my friends.
    Thanks for being dialed in. What is the exact address for the Stanton range? Also, there's a lot of space that can be developed in the Irvine area. As stated earlier, the more available ranges in O.C., the better. In fact the only thing better than One new Gun range, is two.
    " A Republic, if you can keep it ..... " Benjamin Franklin

    Comment

    • psalm28vs7
      Junior Member
      • May 2012
      • 3

      It is open finally. Clean great place to shoot at. I understand that the politics got invovled in the process and that is why the place kept getting pushed back. Allows my 5.56 i dont have to drive to Burro anymore and spend the whole day out. 25yrds with digital read out about ur distances. Bottom line i will be back

      Comment

      • SNCaliber
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 3222

        oh wow, they allow rifles?! that is great news, so close to me too!
        -Sang

        Comment

        • Capybara
          CGSSA Coordinator
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2012
          • 15671

          I live hours and hours away and will probably never go but yaaay for our side. Looks like a beautiful place, so glad to see more ranges. Hope they do well.
          NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Fliggidy
            Member
            • May 2010
            • 236

            was there for their open house and it does not look like your typical shooting range... when you first walk in, your greeted with a gatling Gun, a very nice show piece...

            seriously, it felt like walking into a 5 star hotel that serves ammo while you stay...

            here's their web site for those that want more info:

            Comment

            • jayhuh
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 980

              I shot there today for the first time. My impression? Great place... When my Firling Line membership expires in November, I will not be renewing it. The only negative about Field Time is that you have to go to Stanton-Land.

              Comment

              • birch
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 10

                i recall

                Just reading this and thinking about the comments on a irvine outdoor range. When I was a kid 30yrs ago dad used to take me to one off Jeffery it had targets out to 300 yards and steel way out there. There was a nice shotgun range SOUTH COAST off irvine center right off the 5. The EL Torro marine base fiasco would have been a great spot to have a range. With the right setup like Raahagues you can put them more places with less space.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1