Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

shooting on BLM land

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NYY
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1877

    shooting on BLM land

    So whats the deal here? What are the laws for shooting there. certain distances from roads/ telephone poles, all that? what IS BLM land exactly.. just government land that you can do anything on? Since it is Gov. land, WHY can you do "anything"??
  • #2
    repomanNWP
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 1058

    Sorry, the content you are looking for is not found or has moved.Please return to the home page at www.blm.gov or try the search box.Were you looking for any of these items?Recreation sites across the BLM - Search by State, recreation activity and keywordPress Releases - Searchable by State, year and keywordBLM Forms - search for forms needed to do business with the BLMBLM e-GIS Hub - Your one-stop shop for keyword and geospatial search of BLM data. In just minutes you can search our trove of maps and datasets which you can annotate, edit and save with ease.Public Room- Find maps, brochures
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      NYY
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 1877

      perfect!and California gun laws (bullet button and all that) are still in effect, correct?

      Comment

      • #4
        CAL.BAR
        CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
        • Nov 2007
        • 5632

        I'm not a big fan of the BLM thing only b/c of the numerous examples (Bee Canyon video) etc. where rangers either take your guns wrongfully, or harass you for whatever reason. Couple that with the possibility of mistakenly trespassing etc. makes this a difficult endeavor. Not to mention that there really isn't any "legal" shooting on BLM land within 2 hours of OC.
        Rent a private range at Burro or hit Lytle or Angels and be done with it.

        Comment

        • #5
          canative
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 1009

          Most national forest's are BLM. You can shoot and camp, but you have to get a fire permit first. All gun laws are in effect. You can rapid fire all you want though and also Tannerite!

          Comment

          • #6
            n0xname
            Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 147

            Blm in barstow area is a great place no problems...been going there for about 7 years now. Shoot what ya want where u want....never have been stopped or anything..

            Comment

            • #7
              plankowner
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 739

              I have been up to Barstow a couple of times and never had a problem , a ranger came out to see how we were doing and said no problems there as long as we pick up your mess and we had a good back stop but seemed like a nice guy.

              Comment

              • #8
                emptybottle151
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 1503

                I love BLM land, I get drunk and play porn while I shoot.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  NYY
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 1877

                  Originally posted by emptybottle151
                  I love BLM land, I get drunk and play porn while I shoot.
                  hahahhaha

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    The Geologist
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 641

                    Originally posted by LG_MARINE
                    So whats the deal here? What are the laws for shooting there. certain distances from roads/ telephone poles, all that? what IS BLM land exactly.. just government land that you can do anything on? Since it is Gov. land, WHY can you do "anything"??
                    Be aware that some BLM Land is considered a "prohibited area". Case in point Briceburg Area

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NYY
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 1877

                      anyone been to Panoche hills in the Hollister field office? I plan on going there soon.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DeanW66
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 5077

                        Originally posted by canative
                        Most national forest's are BLM.
                        Uhh No .

                        Nat. Forests are managed by "USDA Forest Service" which is United States Department of Agriculture.

                        BLM is the Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Managment.

                        In short, these are two completely different US governmental agencies with (supposedly) very different goals/tasks.

                        Originally posted by LG_MARINE
                        anyone been to Panoche hills in the Hollister field office? I plan on going there soon.
                        Yeah, many of us have. Do a search on Panoche (and Tumey and Griswold to learn about other not too distant options).
                        CalGuns Network (CGN) is different from CalGuns Foundation (CGF). Both need our support. I have gold name because I support CGN; plus, I send $10 every two weeks to CGF automatically via online BillPay as described here.

                        Support CGF by shopping at Amazon!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TurboChrisB
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 5116

                          Tannerite? Blow stuff up....go to jail.


                          Originally posted by canative
                          Most national forest's are BLM. You can shoot and camp, but you have to get a fire permit first. All gun laws are in effect. You can rapid fire all you want though and also Tannerite!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Dhena81
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 4587

                            Don't shoot the trees Don't mess with nature be sure to pick up all your trash and brass this is one of the most important things if you go with a hole friends that don't help don't let them shoot. I like going to BLM because I pitch a tent get away from the GF make a big fire drink beer and eat hot dogs and shoot all day and at night too.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              jimmykan
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 3102

                              Originally posted by LG_MARINE
                              anyone been to Panoche hills in the Hollister field office? I plan on going there soon.
                              I was just there on Wednesday, well at the nearby Tumey Hills to be exact. I stopped by on my way down to LA, since it's a short drive off the I-5, Panoche Road exit. The trail got a little sketchy for my car, but I made it in and out okay.

                              I drove into the gate, about a quarter mile down a dirt trail until I saw a pile of objects riddle with bullet holes. I placed a few of my own objects on the pile, shot them up with an AK, picked up what trash I could, packed up and continued on down to LA.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1